unity in Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Selene said:
Are you saying then that the article you first posted is incorrect? The first article you posted does say this:

As long as they avoid confrontation and keep their congregations small - 25 is the maximum gathering allowed by law without official permission - the Protestant house churches are mostly tolerated by the government. Catholic ones are kept under closer scrutiny because of China's tense relationship with the Vatican over its continued diplomatic recognition of the government of Taiwan and disagreement over who has the final say on the consecration of Chinese bishops.[/size]

If you feel that this statement was misleading or false in anyway, then perhaps this website is biased. Also, Protestantism has greatly decreased in the United States while the Catholic Church has remained stable. See the weblink below:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/10/us/study-finds-that-percentage-of-protestant-americans-is-declining.html?_r=0
Catholics aren't this smart, or Spiritually discerning :)
The losses were among white Protestants, but
not among black or minority Protestants, the study found, based on
surveys conducted during the summer.
When they leave, instead of switching churches, they join the growing ranks who do not identify with any religion.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Rex quoted from the article: The losses were among white Protestants, but
not among black or minority Protestants, the study found, based on
surveys conducted during the summer.
When they leave, instead of switching churches, they join the growing ranks who do not identify with any religion.

This still does not change the fact that the percentage of Protestantism has been on the decline since the 1970s while the number of Catholics remained stable.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
My personal point is I refuse affiliate myself with a church any church.
I can only hope their are others many others like myself.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rex said:
Yep, one cannot be joined to two women, its either the harlot or you are His bride .

Choose soon, time is getting short.

In All His Love

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
mjrhealth said:
Yep, one cannot be joined to two women, its either the harlot or you are His bride .

Choose soon, time is getting short.

In All His Love

Or conversely, you are either a whore or you a virgin, chaste, Holy and looking forward to the bride groom. :)

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Rex said:
And how did you separate Christ and His Church when the Bible says that they are one? A Church is an assembly of people or group of people. If you are alone, how do you call yourself a church??

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
stefen said:
Hi,

From past few years, I was filled with thoughts of unity in Christians. We will be called as Christians because we are the followers of Christ and also He resembles in us through our acts. But some times, in Christian countries (I am From India and I don't see these type of answers here), people introduce themselves as RC, Baptists, Pentecostals or whatever..! It doesn't looks like Paul says in Bible that they belong to silas and some belong to Paul.. And He condemned these type of separations on those days itself. But now, knowingly we are doing that. Does it is unity? Does all these denomination / different named Church will be called as single church?? (Bride of Christ) everyone has hope and thoughts that their denomination / church only will go to heaven. Next church if filled with lots of mistakes.

Note: I am not a non denominational guy. I go to local church every week and on special occasions. But I wanted to know do we go to heaven with this perception??
My family and I are Christians and serving Jesus. We are Jesus' centered family. I dont belong to any organization or denomination. I see too many ungodly practice by so called "churches".

We can serve Jesus without organized religion. I have overseas mission to serve Jesus and my family support it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The problem you have selene is you cannot separate the man made counterfeit from the true spiritual ecclesia. "gathering, called out ones"

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

In all His love

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
mjrhealth said:
The problem you have selene is you cannot separate the man made counterfeit from the true spiritual ecclesia. "gathering, called out ones"

In all His love
Amen, brother:)

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
mjrhealth said:

In all His love
How is my comment "man-made?" A church is an assembly or group of people. Below is Strong's concordance of "Church" taken from the King James Bible and I provided the weblink below:

1) a gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly
a) an assembly of the people convened at the public place of the council for the purpose of deliberating
b) the assembly of the Israelites
c) any gathering or throng of men assembled by chance, tumultuously
d) in a Christian sense
1) an assembly of Christians gathered for worship in a religious meeting
2) a company of Christian, or of those who, hoping for eternal salvation through Jesus Christ, observe their own religious rites, hold their own religious meetings, and manage their own affairs, according to regulations prescribed for the body for order's sake
3) those who anywhere, in a city, village, constitute such a company and are united into one body
4) the whole body of Christians scattered throughout the earth
5) the assembly of faithful Christians already dead and received into heaven

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1577&t=KJV

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Psalam 133
How good and pleasant it is
when God’s people live together in unity!

It is like precious oil poured on the head,
running down on the beard,
running down on Aaron’s beard,
down on the collar of his robe.
It is as if the dew of Hermon
were falling on Mount Zion.
For there the Lord bestows his blessing,
even life forevermore.

In other words, unity is a big deal. This was the reasoning for the Inquisitions, as heresies explicitly dissent from unity. They were desecrations os proper Christendom, and were considered synonymous with holy war.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In its simplest form.

A Christian is a Christian because He / She belongs to Christ.

When one Joins the catholic church one becomes a catholic,
When one joins the morman church one becomes a morman
When one joins the salvos one becomes a salvo
When one joins the baptist church one becomes a baptist.
and so on and so forth each with there own doctrines each with there own traditions each with there own version of God and Jesus, each with there own hierarchy, but none conforming to the image of Christ, is Christ divided, no but man is by his delusions of grandeur,look at me I made God im my image , i made Him dance to my tunes, what foolishness.
Now begs the question is who do you think God is,
Do you think God winks at and ignores the sins of the churches that "claim" to be His, do you think He will be terribly forgiving to those who " usurp" His authority and than make Him out to be something He is not, yet doing it all in His name. I can make a list of things that any one can read and see that your church is not from God, and could not possibly be, yet you wil ignore it all, will you take this before God, I think not, for than you will see the truth and it is something you could not want for it will take away or your safety blankets. Lets keep God at a distance, I feel safer that way.

My God Lives, my Jesus is alive, the Holy Spirit is our teacher, why do you need to follow man when you have the Lord.You will never be able to stand before Jesus and profess you didnt know, there are many who have shown you over and over yet you choose to believe the lie. That is your choice.

In all His Love

e

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
SilenceInMotion said:
In other words, unity is a big deal. This was the reasoning for the Inquisitions, as heresies explicitly dissent from unity. They were desecrations os proper Christendom, and were considered synonymous with holy war.
No wonder the RCC is courting the Muslims, you both practice the same evangelist model, kill everyone that disagrees.
The really scary part is many like yourself would be right at home praising God while burning people on a stick.

And you ask why I refuse to place a name on my salvation, from a shingle over a door?

I wish the paper behind his back was blacked out, because I really like the caption.
pedophile+priest+rape+sexual+abuse+catholic+church+headline+scandal+priest+hypocrisy+political+cartoon.gif

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Same ol' stupid anti-catholic nonsense. I'm not even responding to that ill-educated, ridiculous tripe. From now on I'm just going to conversate with people who value accountability and depth. That is the real fruit of Christian wisdom, not being a mornonic, fault finding blowhard religious nut. Such people should become familiar with the word 'accountability', and how they proverbially lack it.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
SilenceInMotion said:
Same ol' stupid anti-catholic nonsense. I'm not even responding to that ill-educated, ridiculous tripe. From now on I'm just going to conversate with people who value accountability and depth. That is the real fruit of Christian wisdom, not being a mornonic, fault finding blowhard religious nut. Such people should become familiar with the word 'accountability', and how they proverbially lack it.
Let me see your looking for accountability and depth.

So why do you make excuses for the inquisition? for a church that through the centuries has made "being christian" a joke.
If you want people to take you seriously I suggest you don't mention the word Catholic church, especially If your looking for accountability and depth.

Accountability is not one of the RCC strong suits,

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Rex said:

So why do you make excuses for the inquisition? for a church that through the centuries has made "being christian" a joke.
If you want people to take you seriously I suggest you don't mention the word Catholic church, especially If your looking for accountability and depth.

I totally agree, thank you.

It is just amazing that they call themselves true Christians yet their fruit is not so godly. Jesus says we know them by their fruit.

His servants should not misrepresent Jesus with wicked practice. It is just absurd to say the least.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 12:12-27
12 For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ
13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot says, “Because I am not a hand, I am not a part of the body,” it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body.
16 And if the ear says, “Because I am not an eye, I am not a part of the body,” it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body.
17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?
18 But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired.
19 If they were all one member, where would the body be?
20 But now there are many members, but one body.
21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; or again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.”
22 On the contrary, it is much truer that the members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary;
23 and those members of the body which we deem less honorable, on these we bestow more abundant honor, and our less presentable members become much more presentable,
24 whereas our more presentable members have no need of it. But God has so composed the body, giving more abundant honor to that member which lacked,
25 so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.
26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now you are Christ’s body, and individually members of it.

Are you baptized into Calvin or Polycarp? Are you baptized into Paul or Peter? Are you baptized into Roman Catholic or Evangelical? If it is you are in Christ's body you are not divided. I will not say we do not need the RC church, nor will I say we do not need Protestants. All members hold value.

Ephesians 1:22-23
22 And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,
23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Man can say what he wishes or believe what he desires, yet God will always be true. What is the church but the body of Christ? Strong can define it any way he wants, and so can any denomination for that matter, I will choose to believe the word of God. And He knows His sheep, and they listen to His voice.

Ephesians 2:19-22
19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,
21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,
22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

This tells of the church proper which is a holy temple in the Lord. No man can divide what Christ Jesus is building, nor can powers or principalities,
nor any created thing stand against what the Almighty is creating for Himself! It is Jesus Himself that holds all things together (Colossians 1:17)

Let me leve this with an exhortation.

Ephesians 4:11-16
11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,
12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;
13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.
14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;
15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,
16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.

Let not the winds of doctrine carry you away into a hateful mindset against other members of the body, leaving behind the path of maturity. I may disagree with certain teachings of every denomination, yet I still see fellow citizens in most. There may be differences in culture, practices, and even dogmas, but Christ is not divided. If there is something you disagree with, speak truth in love. If you can not or do not then you are not mature and you should not be teaching anyways. Teachers will be judged by a higher standard. (James 3:1) If there is a doctrine that divides, will Christ bring that false doctrine into the body? Never! If you witness this false doctrine, do not allow it to overcome you, either in truth or in passion. Spoken another way, let your obsession be on Christ not on anti-christ. For Christ is the truth to all those chosen to be in His ambassadors.

I can partake in the Eucharist, enjoying the true presence in the unity of the Holy Spirit as well as lifting my holy hands, singing and rejoicing in worship before the pastor begins to exegete in passion for the word in that same unity. To those who rely on the Law due to their weakness, I show a holy respect for their needs, in order to strengthen our unity, and with those who eat and drink all to the glory of God, I lift my goblet in unity.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Rex said:
I am like you, friend. I dont belong to any organization, my family is my church. :)

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Rex said:

My excuse for the Inquisition is that it was the 16th century. Reality is not the anti-Catholic's strong suit. If you lived in the 16th century, you wouldn't be sitting here talking about any of this pacifist nonsense. You live in a liberal age where you can be a pacifist, you couldn't be one in those times because as I said, it was the 16th century. Heresies didn't resort to getting on a forum and trolling threads with anti-Catholic nonsense, it consisted of everything from burning people at the stake to turning entire villages into burning stakes. The Inquisitions were a preventative.

The Church is ultimately the reason you are even a Christian, you need to learn to respect the great people who made the Earth quake for your belief. Those such as yourself are pompous, ungrateful, self abiding, abysmally ignorant morons to thiink that God commands Christendom to let evil take over the Earth.

Romans 13:4

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
SilenceInMotion said:
My excuse for the Inquisition is that it was the 16th century. Reality is not the anti-Catholic's strong suit. If you lived in the 16th century, you wouldn't be sitting here talking about any of this pacifist nonsense.
And you call yourself Christian? Jesus messages were different that time? I dont think so. Do you know that Jesus commands us to "love your enemy"?

And I know there were a lot of Jesus' followers not in Catholics or trinity believers. RCC killed many of their enemies.