Unity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Strat I don't know what aspen has done too you. But in love I'm going to say if you feel so strongly private message aspen and do not blast aspen in public in front of everyone. You are not exemplifying in this instance the love of Christ and you cast stone on aspen calling him/her a hypocrite and your aare acting hypocritical yourself by going about this in this way. Think about brother!!

I don't care anymore,any so called christian site that would tolerate this lying liberal apostate filth is not a site i care to be a part of anymore,he is allowed to go unrestrained and the moderators do nothing but defend him,coddle and cuddle and chastise anyone who opposes him....God calls us to seperate ourselves and after several months of this seeing the things that are allowed on this...."christian" site seperation comes easy.....just remember this when people like this apsotate filth are turning you in to the government for having a bible study when the time comes.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen,you are without a doubt this site's most prolific hypocrite,as much wailing and howling as you do about love...you love an idiot with a needle in his arm but hate a man with a hammer or wrench in his hand doing something useful...you are an idiot liberal moron as well as a God hating apostate and heretic....there i said it...now run to the mods and whine like the little girl you are and get me banned.

LOL - you hardly need my help get yourself banned. Psst....your hate is showing again....

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
LOL - you hardly need my help get yourself banned. Psst....your hate is showing again....

I will be banned because you are liberal apostate filth...and that is all the rage these days...your slip is showing panty boy...i bet you wouldn't know real work if it flew out of your rear end on fire....you sound like a community organizer...i see you have a catchy new banner.....the harvest is plentiful but the idiots don't know the weeds from the wheat or which end of the Hoe to use.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rather than progress since the day of Pentecost I fear we have taken a very long wrong turn. Unity is beyond us and only possible when we are truly abiding in Christ. But since we have been programmed to think we already ARE in Christ (without yet being so) then we will not seek any further.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Rather than progress since the day of Pentecost I fear we have taken a very long wrong turn. Unity is beyond us and only possible when we are truly abiding in Christ. But since we have been programmed to think we already ARE in Christ (without yet being so) then we will not seek any further.

Ok...i'm game,what does this have to do with truth...endless babbling from dime store theologians and not one single word about truth...without truth there can be no unity unless truth doesn't matter to begin with...which i am starting to suspect is the case with most people "abiding in christ" sounds very holy indeed but if after abiding there everybody has different truth i guess there is a problem.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Strat I agree with you Christianity has become too liberal and politically correct. The true church will be different and sperate from the world. I believe in holiness and sanctification. We lack that in our individual lives as well as a whole church.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Umm...not to rain on your parade, but aren't you the person that believes Christians are sinless?

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I believe Episkopos and I share similar convictions of a believers lifestyle. I believe in a believer living in holiness which is not perfection but growth in sanctification where God through the Holy Spirit in grace free you from the power of sinful lust and temptations. Not that you can't or do not sin but your desire to sin diminishes. We grow in the heart and mind of Jesus taking on godliness which by definition is a change in the spirit of man. It is a change in the desire and will and wants of the man.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Episkopos and I share similar convictions of a believers lifestyle. I believe in a believer living in holiness which is not perfection but growth in sanctification where God through the Holy Spirit in grace free you from the power of sinful lust and temptations. Not that you can't or do not sin but your desire to sin diminishes. We grow in the heart and mind of Jesus taking on godliness which by definition is a change in the spirit of man. I change in the desire and will and wants of the man.

I agree with you. I think Episkopos goes much further - if I have misunderstood your POV Episkopos, please correct me.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Yeah many fellow Holiness members of fellowship with are very sincere about Jesus and are saved but get holiness and sanctification mixed up with the false doctrine of legalism and Christian perfection.

Sr.Brandon

Jun 25, 2012
Well, to my mind, such proof would destroy faith and GOD wants us to live by faith. Basically the scriptures are written so that anyone can believe or disbelieve anything they want to, there is just no proof in them. No proof that will convince other people anyway.

In this way GOD allows us each to choose where to put our faith, by which we actually define our own reality, the world view we live in which also defines both God and our relationship with Him from our point of view. "This is what I believe" means "This is the way I think it is, the reality of the universe." 2 Corinthians 5:7 We live by faith, not by sight.

[Since there is no proof either that GOD does NOT exist and the scriptures are NOT true, atheists also define reality by choosing what they believe, putting their faith in a reality without GOD.]
You seem to be skirting really close to the fallacy that reality is as we make it. You may have even committed it at times. If you'll excuse the interjection then how do you respond to the notion that we all live in the same reality, same laws govern us all, same consequences if we do similar things and the same Yahweh created us, saved us and judges us? I apologize but I don't see how we each get our own reality if our realities are all measured against an outside standard like scripture or laws of logic or laws of morality...

Jul 6, 2011
Episkopos,
Christ says we are in Him and He in us when we do what He teaches. (John 14-17) .. afirmed in the epistles to be 'in Christ' is when we do His will according to the Spirit and the word. When we are influened otherwise we are not 'in Christ'

Sr.Brandon

Jun 25, 2012
To call for "unity" at all cost is to claim that there is no difference between truth and a lie,if that is true the whole Bible is pointless and should have never been written...truth united with truth is truth while truth united with a lie becomes a lie....those who suggest that "love" is a substituite for truth corrupt the meaning of love and turn it into a lie as well...in the bible truth is referred to as light and lies are referred to as darkness.....people love the darkness because the light exposes their evil ways...most people want to be saved but they don't want to be changed,they want redemption from consequences of their behaviour while continuing the behaviour
The opening post doesn't stress unity no matter what. Seeking truth and foregoing all other things is equally wrong. Paul in his letter to Corinth states we should seek hope, faith and love. He didn't emphasize truth because he commited to know only theessiah amd him crucified.
Paul also emphasized that love rejoices in truth while at the same stating that love covers a multitude of sins.
It is my belief that we must understand what and how scripture defines what is unity.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Unity among those claiming to be believers is virtually non existent. You have people within the same denomination separating over petty differences. You have churches splitting over insignificant things like what color the new carpet should be (one church actually split over that reason). You have believers who won't associate with other believers over a difference of belief on non-salvation issues. I'm sure Satan sits back and is very glad that those claiming the name of Christ can't get along. Where is the love that we are commanded to show toward one another? Where is the forgiveness that we are told to give one another?

I met a Russian Christian who had been exiled from his country because of his belief in and stand for Christ. Our pastor asked him what he thought of American Christians. His reply was, "Don't ask." He had lost his home and his country for his beliefs and refused to back down, but we can't even get along long enough to show the world that Christ Jesus can make a difference in a person's life. What do others see in you, in me? Do they see love, or do they see arguing, fighting, bickering, condemnation of one another over minor differences, and name calling?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Complete unity on doctrine is impossible - but doctrine is not what Christianity is really based on. The ministry I work for is evangelical protestant and has many different people involved including Catholics and Quakers. What divides us on doctrine is unified in purpose - spreading the gospel and providing real help to people in need.

Sr.Brandon

Jun 25, 2012
What do others see in you, in me? Do they see love, or do they see arguing, fighting, bickering, condemnation of one another over minor differences, and name calling?
I hate to say it but I fear that people, that its unbelievers and young believers alike, see the later more that the first, if they ever see the first. It is why we really need to discuss unity and the great commandment to love one another, love the way Yahweh desires and does love.

Complete unity on doctrine is impossible - but doctrine is not what Christianity is really based on. The ministry I work for is evangelical protestant and has many different people involved including Catholics and Quakers. What divides us on doctrine is unified in purpose - spreading the gospel and providing real help to people in need.
I believe we should not be unbalanced in our doctrine, unity and love. Our faith is based in a person who through uncompromised doctrine of law, justice and love delivered the hope of salvation to his creation, his children who had gone astray. Our faith is based on Yahweh and who he is, without him...

(Notice the nothingness that follows the periods?)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate to say it but I fear that people, that its unbelievers and young believers alike, see the later more that the first, if they ever see the first. It is why we really need to discuss unity and the great commandment to love one another, love the way Yahweh desires and does love.

I believe we should not be unbalanced in our doctrine, unity and love. Our faith is based in a person who through uncompromised doctrine of law, justice and love delivered the hope of salvation to his creation, his children who had gone astray. Our faith is based on Yahweh and who he is, without him...

(Notice the nothingness that follows the periods?)

Agreed.

Jul 6, 2011

Aspen2,
We disagree.
No, you disagree with what you are imagining I am saying, not what I am actually saying. Atheists and humanists see that they love selflessly, the word of God sometimes exposes their love as not being love, for example homosexual partnerships. That we cant decide whether they are saved is a different issue. Once again you havent addressed the question.

We have no idea. We also do not know who is loving selflessly –
Yes we do know where sometimes people are not loving according to God’s word. Your response shows you dont really acknowledge God’s word.

I know, you want a sure thing - 'if you study the Bible and say the right words you will be saved! You can take that to the bank!'. God doesn't work that way.
Well sure in that ..

Romans 10:10 "For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved."
If one says the right words from the heart they will be saved, the atheist isn’t saying the right wods.

Same way the disciples did. They went to the Holy Spirit in prayer, not the Bible.
Not according to the NT disciples. The NT writers say test against the doctrine.

1 John 4 "6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit[a] of truth and the spirit of falsehood "
Also 2 Tim 3:16
The NT warns against what you are saying:
Titus 1:9, to hold on the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so as to encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
2 Timothy 4:3: Because false teachers will will not put up with sound doctrine.
1 Tim 1:10: which is where the sexual immorality gets in.
1 Timothy 4:16 "Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers."
Ok?
Reading scripture is no guarantee that you will preform good works,
The Bible will guarantee the works are good works if they are in line with the NT teaching. yes?

nor is it the only source for doing good works - the Bible is not God.
What others source is there to test whether works are good?

You understand my point. 1st Timothy 3:15 is not exclusively endorsing the Bible as the only way to know love or God.
It is as a test, if stuff s contrary to the NT teaching.

My faith in Jesus is not accountable to you.
Then on that basis you aren’t a fellow Christian. As Christians we are have the same faith, we encorage, teach, and correct each other according to sound doctrine and the Holy Spirit... false teachers are not to be associated with.

The appeal to unity often comes from false teachers. The unity in the NT is the same spirit and word given.
The NT says there are disputable matters, but these are not at the expensce of false teaching which is what is contrary to the NT witness.

Popular liberal Christianity today is in fact often counterfit because it doesnt want sound doctrine because it doesnt accept some of it. So its whole tact is to try and make out socund docrine is literalist and unthinking/unreasoned.
It also appeals to Christian history where others have been in error, to imply Christianity doesnt know what it should believe.