Unknown authors of the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Author of Hebrews: Either Paul wrote the epistle, or the writer was trained by Paul. Although it is a small detail, this epistle makes mention of Timothy (Hebrews 13:23), and Paul is the only apostle known to have ever done that in any letter.

Author of Esther: The Book of Esther does not specifically name its author. The most popular traditions are Mordecai (a major character in the Book of Esther), Ezra and Nehemiah (who would have been familiar with Persian customs).

What other books are we uncertain of the author/.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ATP said:
Author of Hebrews: Either Paul wrote the epistle, or the writer was trained by Paul. Although it is a small detail, this epistle makes mention of Timothy (Hebrews 13:23), and Paul is the only apostle known to have ever done that in any letter.

Author of Esther: The Book of Esther does not specifically name its author. The most popular traditions are Mordecai (a major character in the Book of Esther), Ezra and Nehemiah (who would have been familiar with Persian customs).

What other books are we uncertain of the author/.
Why have you plagiarised that statement about the author of Hebrews from the 'Got Questions?' website? I'm speaking about your statement: 'Either Paul wrote the epistle, or the writer was trained by Paul. Although it is a small detail, this epistle makes mention of Timothy (Hebrews 13:23), and Paul is the only apostle known to have ever done that in any letter'.

Or, are you the author of the 'Got Questions?' website?

You've also plagiarised the question about the author of Esther from the 'Got Questions?' website?

Why are you stealing another author's ideas? That's what plagiarism is.

Oz

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP,

Although this is not a formal setting or a classroom, I agree with Oz that you need to post links and references if you are going to quote someone else word-for-word. It's just an issue of intellectual honesty. If you are just going to very loosely paraphrase what someone else wrote, then it is not as important to cite your source.

As for the topic, I personally disagree that the author of Hebrews was Paul (although it very likely could have been someone who learned from Paul). I think Hebrews 2:3 makes it evident that Paul was not the author.

“how shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? It was declared at first by the Lord, and it was attested to us by those who heard,” (Hebrews 2:3, ESV)

This passage indicates that the author was not an eyewitness of Jesus. Paul was an eyewitness. This author was someone who heard from someone who followed or heard directly from Jesus.