Unto You It Is Given

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear All,

It is written,

“And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables.“
Mark 4:11​
Even the very disciples of Jesus could not understand what He said unless it was revealed to them. The more I study the scriptures the more I know that, unless the interpretation is given to me, I cannot understand them.

The near total acendency of the "teaching ministry" in the Christian church is actually not helping God's people that much. Most of what is taught is not revealed truth but merely waht seems right to the natural man. There is a difference. One comes from God and is actually true while the other comes from the mind of man and is a delusion.

Man was never meant to live only by bread (what is natural) but he was meant to live by revelation from His Father. The day Adam lost communion with God is the day he started to die. True life comes only through communion with our Father and everything else is unprofitable.

Blessings,

Justin

Reactions: HiddenManna

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear All,

It is written,

“And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables.“
Even the very disciples of Jesus could not understand what He said unless it was revealed to them. The more I study the scriptures the more I know that, unless the interpretation is given to me, I cannot understand them.

The near total acendency of the "teaching ministry" in the Christian church is actually not helping God's people that much. Most of what is taught is not revealed truth but merely waht seems right to the natural man. There is a difference. One comes from God and is actually true while the other comes from the mind of man and is a delusion.

Man was never meant to live only by bread (what is natural) but he was meant to live by revelation from His Father. The day Adam lost communion with God is the day he started to die. True life comes only through communion with our Father and everything else is unprofitable.

Blessings,

Justin

I agree with your understanding here, often religion attempts to place itself between the believer and living relationship with Our Beloved Christ.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear All,

It is written,

Blessings,

Justin
Agreed and Jesus said:
John 6:64
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
KJV

Reactions: HiddenManna

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It should be obvious that Christ directly revealed His Truth to His chosen sent ones, but taught differently to the multitudes.

What we have in many Church pulpits today are people from the 'multitudes' and not as many called-chosen sent elect ones. Many preachers treat their preaching as jobs, like a business, looking forward to a retirement, some using it to live in wealth or notorioty. Our Lord Jesus called those a 'hireling' (John 10).

For those of us who have been called, The LORD will give us understanding in His Word as we remain faithful and study like He showed us. The secret? We must... ask Him directly for it, each one of us. The minute we stray away to men's doctrines that's when The Holy Spirit will quit showing us.

Lot of good pastors out there that have a much deeper understanding in God's Word than their Church organizational system will allow them to preach. They are told to not preach controversy, which is to cut off a lot of important teachings in God's Word. So if one only wants 'milk' teaching all the time, stay with men's doctrines, because that's all you'll get. But if you want the "strong meat" of The Word, ask The LORD directly and get down to true Bible study with discipline. There is no other way.

Robertson

Jun 11, 2013
Dear Brother,

That is right on! It seems so many forget about the principle of revelation that is required by every individual to know the truth. Of course, scriptures help build faith, hearing stories from people help build faith, but what reveals the Lord and the Father is the spirit of God through revelation. Nothing is more sacred and binding than the actual experience of receiving that knowledge through the spirit. It is upon this rock of revelation that the church is set. (Matthew 16:17-18) Without revelation, you are left with a bunch of man made ideas and interpretations, which leads many down the wrong road. Thank you for sharing!

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Hi Robert,

Glad to meet you. I have don't often run across people who see this. Thanks for you imput.

Blessings,

Justin

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Robertson said:
Dear Brother,

That is right on! It seems so many forget about the principle of revelation that is required by every individual to know the truth. Of course, scriptures help build faith, hearing stories from people help build faith, but what reveals the Lord and the Father is the spirit of God through revelation. Nothing is more sacred and binding than the actual experience of receiving that knowledge through the spirit. It is upon this rock of revelation that the church is set. (Matthew 16:17-18) Without revelation, you are left with a bunch of man made ideas and interpretations, which leads many down the wrong road. Thank you for sharing!
Study of The Scriptures with the guidance of The Holy Spirit go hand-in-hand and cannot be separated to know God's Word.

Apostle Paul's advice to Timothy...

2 Tim 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
(KJV)

Study to shew ourselves approved unto who? To men??? No, "unto God". And by that one becomes "a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

So HOW can one rightly divide God's Word UNLESS they study to show themselves approved unto God? They cannot.

If a believer thinks The Holy Spirit is giving them some 'new and improved' revelation, and they do not study God's Word about it, then God will send them another spirit so that they might become deceived.

Our Heavenly Father is NOT... going to give His Glory to another (Isaiah 42:8). Those who think they don't need to study His Word with guidance by The Holy Spirit have sought their own glory over His, and deserve to be sent another spirit.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear All,

It is written,

Blessings,

Justin
Well said J most enjoyable reading! :)

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear V,

Study is wonderful when guided by the Holy Spirit but study to the exclusion of the Holy Spirit is death. People have become enamoured with study as a way to better themselves and commend themselves to God but this does not profit unless you allow the Spirit of Truth to lead and guide you. Mostly, people do not study the Bible but rather they study their doctrines in the Bible. They study, not to find out the truth, but to prove what they believe must already be true. What I am suggesting is that we put the horse before the cart and allow the Holy Spirit to lead us rather than our study.

Dear Angelina,

Thanks,

Blessings,

Justin

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear V,

Study is wonderful when guided by the Holy Spirit but study to the exclusion of the Holy Spirit is death. People have become enamoured with study as a way to better themselves and commend themselves to God but this does not profit unless you allow the Spirit of Truth to lead and guide you. Mostly, people do not study the Bible but rather they study their doctrines in the Bible. They study, not to find out the truth, but to prove what they believe must already be true. What I am suggesting is that we put the horse before the cart and allow the Holy Spirit to lead us rather than our study.

Dear Angelina,

Thanks,

Blessings,

Justin

I think you protest too much the mere idea of the word 'study'. Is that from some bad experience at a school you attended or something?

True Bible study always requires help of The Holy Spirit. But it does NOT mean the tools of grammar and language and scholarship is to be put by the wayside. On the contrary, those tools are necessary in order to rightly divide what The Holy Spirit reveals in God's Word to us.

An example of those who think they don't need those tools are those who come to Christ Jesus that have only studied bits of the New Testament Books and then think The Holy Spirit is going to open up our Lord's Book of Revelation to them.

Rev 1:3
3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
(KJV)

I've heard sermons just on that single phrase of "Blessed is he that readeth", some preachers teaching their congregations that all they have to do is READ the Book of Revelation and they will be blessed. They leave off that part about "and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein....".

Those preachers are not 'called' by The LORD. They are 'hirelings'. God's Word is not given to them to understand. They don't have The Holy Spirit guiding them. Instead, they are playing man's games of philosophy and mysticism, as if the idea of merely 'reading' Revelation is a magical mystical formula for imparting some special blessing! That is paganism at its best, using and abusing God's Word.

The blessing comes from UNDERSTANDING Revelation and by KEEPING the understanding throughout trials set for the end of this world, so as to NOT be deceived by all the false prophets in the pulpits, the hirelings, and the coming false messiah. And no one, I don't care who you are, will understand our Lord's Book of Revelation without study in the Old Testament prophets first. That's the way God laid it out through The Holy Spirit, and that's how It must be understood.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear V,

I am intimately acquainted with legalism and I don't like it. I was zealous to study for I was told that through study I would understand my Lord better and become a better Christian. I studied hermeneutics, Hebrew and Greek, the earliest codex's, church history, eschatology, the Pentateuch, and everything else I could get my hands and eyes on. For five years that is all I did. At the end of the five years I could not even look at a Bible and did not want to read another verse because I felt so dead inside. I did all the things people are saying here on this forum relating to study and I found it was a dead end. I did not pick up a Bible for over 10 years. However, during that time away from scripture is when the Holy Spirit gently started to teach me and straighten me out. I have been there and done that and it does not profit you unless you are doing so under the influence of the Spirit.

Blessings,

Justin

Just here

May 29, 2013
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear V,

I am intimately acquainted with legalism and I don't like it. I was zealous to study for I was told that through study I would understand my Lord better and become a better Christian. I studied hermeneutics, Hebrew and Greek, the earliest codex's, church history, eschatology, the Pentateuch, and everything else I could get my hands and eyes on. For five years that is all I did. At the end of the five years I could not even look at a Bible and did not want to read another verse because I felt so dead inside. I did all the things people are saying here on this forum relating to study and I found it was a dead end. I did not pick up a Bible for over 10 years. However, during that time away from scripture is when the Holy Spirit gently started to teach me and straighten me out. I have been there and done that and it does not profit you unless you are doing so under the influence of the Spirit.

Blessings,

Justin
It's the pursuit of knowledge over the pursuit of holiness.

In our time, like never before, we have a vast amount of knowledge about our doctrines, we've clung to them, we've fought over them, we've perfected them - INSTEAD OF - seeking after His Kingdom and His righteousness first.

Why do we fight tooth and nail over our doctrines instead of fighting tooth and nail to enter into His Kingdom?

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear J,

You wrote,

"In our time, like never before, we have a vast amount of knowledge about our doctrines, we've clung to them, we've fought over them, we've perfected them - INSTEAD OF - seeking after His Kingdom and His righteousness first. Why do we fight tooth and nail over our doctrines instead of fighting tooth and nail to enter into His Kingdom?"

This is revelation. Flesh and blood did not reveal that to you.

Blessings,

Justin

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear V,

Blessings,

Justin
Why do make up monikers for what I said, with terms like "legalism"? Was Apostle Paul a legalist then because he knew Scripture so well and quoted so much of it?!? Was Paul also 'dead' inside from doing that?

You said:

"At the end of the five years I could not even look at a Bible and did not want to read another verse because I felt so dead inside."

Reading and study in God's Word shouldn't make any believer on The Father through The Son ever... feel dead inside!

I DO NOT believe your words. YOU sir are a deceiver, and it's apparent you've only come here to deceive my Christian brethren AWAY... from God's Truth in His written Word!

Are you Jewish too? Have you come here AGAINST Christianity? That's what you show with your words above against God's Holy Writ.

Will you also... deny the Gospel Testimonies written in the Four Gospels by Christ's Apostles!!!

I think your mind is truly sick, OR... you have come here with false pretences.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear V,

You are manifesting. When you start to get like that with someone it should indicate to you that more is going on than just disagreement. I am not angry with you, nor dismissive, I am just trying to get you to realize that the spirit you are manifesting in your last post to me is not of our Father.

Blessings,

Justin

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wondering if justin agrees with anyone on this board.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear V,

You are manifesting. When you start to get like that with someone it should indicate to you that more is going on than just disagreement. I am not angry with you, nor dismissive, I am just trying to get you to realize that the spirit you are manifesting in your last post to me is not of our Father.

Blessings,

Justin
Nice try, but that devilish psychology won't work. You have ALREADY revealed what you are about, coming here with trying to deceive my Christian brethren away from God's Truth in His Word.

The only reason you have to fall back now on that kind psychology design to try and discredit is because you have... NOTHING ELSE! It shows how DEFEATED you have become, your aims here have FAILED.

You have another 'spirit', and it is not of GOD. If that were not so, then you would never have said studying The Word of God made you feel "dead" inside. My gut feeling by The Holy Spirit about you is that since you said such a thing, don't expect Him to show you ANYTHING in His Word of Truth!