Urgent: category 4 hurricane

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would have struggled with this also, Heart2Soul. I’m struggling with it in reading it. Thank you for sharing this painful yet encouraging post. I don’t know what is wrong with me lately...there are so many post here in the forum of loss and pain and illness...and I don’t know how I should pray anymore. I’m confident in asking for spiritual needs for another but am not sure why so many suffer with such physical need. I don’t know what to say anymore or what to pray. I’m sorry for yours and this family lost of a beautiful child...yes, praising God for the blessing on the other’s children...but still don’t understand why...
I also feel overwhelmed at times by all the needs I hear about from God's people. That's when I usually pray for God's will to be done because I don't know specifically what it is, or I pray in the spirit (based on my Bible verse below) until I know what to pray with my mind. I just have to trust that our prayers matter because we're commanded to pray for one another. During some very rough trials I've been through, it's helped me so much just knowing that my Christian brothers and sisters were praying for me.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also feel overwhelmed at times by all the needs I hear about from God's people. That's when I usually pray for God's will to be done because I don't know specifically what it is, or I pray in the spirit (based on my Bible verse below) until I know what to pray with my mind. I just have to trust that our prayers matter because we're commanded to pray for one another. During some very rough trials, sometimes it's helped me so much just knowing that my Christian brothers and sisters were praying for me.
Perhaps this is why God gave us a way to pray when we found ourselves in this situation....
Romans 8:26
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

I admit I do not do this as I should especially in tragic circumstances.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps this is why God gave us a way to pray when we found ourselves in this situation....
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

Thanks for sharing this verse. We always have His Spirit interceding for us and others in need!

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm have yet to meet a Christian who does not ask questions about suffering, God sees and knows far more than us- but sometimes it would be nice to understand ' why ' - but then again, that's the challenge of faith
I am struggling as well....I don't know how to pray anymore.
Oh those "why" God" questions...I try to never ask Him why. But-it can be hard not to sometimes, times like these disasters.
What you've shared is something we all struggle with. Why does God spare some, but not others???

Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Genesis 18:25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Psalms 139:2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

Ecclesiastes 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Years ago, such personal sufferings brought me to read the entire bible three times in about three months; I was desperate. I wrote a pamphlet "Christian Sufferings" sent to some local prisons for awhile, which is too long to post here, but God can use things in our lives we would never consent to, and give us victory. As the hymn proclaims; "Faith is the victory, O glorious victory, that overcomes the world."

David said it this way:
Psa 40:12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.
Psa 40:13 Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.

Blessed be the name of our God.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Genesis 18:25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Psalms 139:2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

Ecclesiastes 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Years ago, such personal sufferings brought me to read the entire bible three times in about three months; I was desperate. I wrote a pamphlet "Christian Sufferings" sent to some local prisons for awhile, which is too long to post here, but God can use things in our lives we would never consent to, and give us victory. As the hymn proclaims; "Faith is the victory, O glorious victory, that overcomes the world."

David said it this way:
Psa 40:12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.
Psa 40:13 Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.

Blessed be the name of our God.
Thanks for sharing this....a good reminder that nothing goes unnoticed with our Father and that He is faithful in all things to assure us victory in our battles and to make sure His promises will not return to Him void but accomplish that which it is sent to do.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Tremendous chapter there: Romans 8....