US supreme court strikes blow against LGBTQ+ rights with Colorado ruling

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One could argue that creating hairstyles was a creative expression like creating a website. I don’t agree but I could see the argument being used
It could be. However, who would trust a stylist forced to use their creative talent if they're being made to do it by law?

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it must shock to you to find out that a black woman actually qualified to go to Harvard.

Never said that ......you did.
"she didn't make the grade"
"So someone with better grades had to be pushed out to achieve a spot for her"
"far more better qualified Oriental Students were being denied spots due to racism"
"She is the epitamy of the lie ......Harvard Grad"
"What a waste of space"
"I wondder whose place she took that truely deserved the spot?"

There were other people in line ahead of her that were denied entry, soley because she is black. You apprently have a problem with race ......Tell us about it.
Who?
They were much better qualified. She got a participation trophy ....
they were better qualified because they weren't black?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a blacks-only haircut joint near my neighborhood. They of course are too cowardly to advertise it, and I just go elsewhere.

Private businesses in public are not public services all people are entitled to. When they are were mixed by law, is when American ceased to be a free nation of people.
Exactly, blacks, Hispanic Homies, have their barber shops and it's standard procedure

I'm not offended one bit, nor do I desire to take them to court because they won't give a white guy corn rows, or LA Dodger high and tight hair cut, "Freedom"

I go elsewhere, and everybody maintains their freedom of choice and speech

Reactions: Ghada

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The old marriage cake ploy. No one is walking into the website asking for a web to be made for them.
In this case that is very true. The web designer and her lawyers committed purjury when they lied and siad she had been contacted to do her job for a same sex couple.
The spirit of whoredom is not about defending rights, but about attacking all others. It's a spiritual war of dominion.
Right again, it is exactly what the web designer did.
As with Sodom, they will not stop until everyone is made to do it. And no, they still won't be happy.
If you hate people so much you refuse to serve them then i doubt you could ever be happy

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Segregation was sinful, never illegal, until activists intruded into private businesses with their self-righteousness.
yeah how dare black people think they had the right to be treated like everyone else. shame on them forcing business to let them walk in the front door....shameful.
They can still deny services to naked people. It was just a stepping stone for telling people how to conduct their business.
a naked person can put on clothes and be accepted into that place of business. A minority will always be a minority.
There's a blacks-only haircut joint near my neighborhood. They of course are too cowardly to advertise it, and I just go elsewhere.
So you just...know.
Private businesses in public are not public services all people are entitled to. When they are were mixed by law, is when American ceased to be a free nation of people.

Now we have a whole party of open fascists and marxists, that have nothing to do with American freedom and individual liberty.
republicans

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that is a different situation to weddings, as cutting someone's hair does not conflict with a conservative Christian's values, so it can be classed as discrimination.
and if that wedding planner claims that it is her strongly held religious belief that black people are the social and moral inferiors to whites and it is an affront to her religious views to be forced to accept their business it can't be discrimination.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and if that wedding planner claims that it is her strongly held religious belief that black people are the social and moral inferiors to whites and it is an affront to her religious views to be forced to accept their business it can't be discrimination.
No, as the Biblical standard it is God's idea for man to be joined to a wife and not the same sex, that has nothing to do with race and it has nothing to do with haircuts.

Genesis 2:24

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

We cannot expect a conservative Christian marriage celebrant to approve of a same-sex marriage, a Uniting Church Christian might, but a conservative Christian won't, as in a few verses of the Bible, God clearly does not approve of that act, just like He does not approve of the act of fornication, adultery, drunkenness or worshipping wooden idols.

A Christian refusing to take part in same sex marriages does not equate to hate, all it means is they do not approve of the action of a man marrying a man or a woman marrying a woman, just like they don't approve of others getting drunk or having sex before marriage or worshipping other gods.

Every sin except for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is forgivable though.

But hey most of us depending on what we do, will still cut their hair, will still mow their lawns, will still sell them groceries, will still sell them petrol, will still sell them movie tickets, will still do their plumbing, will still treat them in hospital, etc.

Marriage is an entirely different thing though, and there are religious traditions and practices around it. Just like you will find some of us would not want to go and visit a mosque, Buddhist temple or a hindu temple or participate in a pagan feast.

Do you understand?

• Love
Reactions: Brakelite and RLT63

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One could argue that creating hairstyles was a creative expression like creating a website. I don’t agree but I could see the argument being used
If you are of the Jewish religion, you might refuse because of what "Mosaic law" says about certain kinds of hairstyle.

But in Christianity nope, can't really argue moral grounds on haircuts, unless if they want something inappropiate shaved into their head.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, as the Biblical standard it is God's idea for man to be joined to a wife and not the same sex, that has nothing to do with race and it has nothing to do with haircuts.

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

We cannot expect a conservative Christian marriage celebrant to approve of a same-sex marriage, a Uniting Church Christian might, but a conservative Christian won't, as in a few verses of the Bible, God clearly does not approve of that act, just like He does not approve of the act of fornication, adultery, drunkenness or worshipping wooden idols.

A Christian refusing to take part in same sex marriages does not equate to hate, all it means is they do not approve of the action of a man marrying a man or a woman marrying a woman, just like they don't approve of others getting drunk or having sex before marriage or worshipping other gods.

But hey most of us depending on what we do, will still cut their hair, will still mow their lawns, will still sell them groceries, will still sell them petrol, will still sell them movie tickets, will still do their plumbing, will still treat them in hospital, etc.

Marriage is an entirely different thing though, and there are religious traditions and practices around it. Just like you will find some of us would not want to go and visit a mosque, Buddhist temple or a hindu temple or participate in a pagan feast.

Do you understand?
I am pointing out the double standard being employed in saying that the refusing service would be viewed as discrimination unless it is one particular minority that is being refused.

If you are going to say that discrimination against one minority is justified because of someone's religious beliefs then it should be justifiable to discriminate against any minority as long as one justifies it with personal religious beliefs.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you understand?
The ruling brings up many questions about what businesses can and cannot do. I don’t advocate discrimination but I also don’t advocate forcing someone to violate their beliefs

Reactions: Josho

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone here question "What are you?" Before providing a service? Before completing a sale or purchase? NO?

Then where does this creation of gender discrimination originate from? Oh, from the same party that created Jim Crow laws, the KKK .....the party that fought against Civil Rights .....

The Party that stood on the steps at a school in Alabama and on the steps of the University of Alabama and stated "You will not go to school here."

The funniest line I've ever heard has been from the Northern Ideology that claims "We are the smartest person in the room. The most educated. No they are not ......they simply wave a piece of paper claiming they are smart .......What did the Wizard of OZ give to the Scarecrow .......at the time .....a Diploma bought at K Mart ......carefull kids Wal Mart ....Was Scarecrow any smarter? Not a lick ......

Democrats are the biggest conglomerate of liars on the planet ......

Reactions: ButterflyJones

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone here question "What are you?" Before providing a service? Before completing a sale or purchase? NO?

Then where does this creation of gender discrimination originate from? Oh, from the same party that created Jim Crow laws, the KKK .....the party that fought against Civil Rights .....

Why did they stop?