US supreme court strikes blow against LGBTQ+ rights with Colorado ruling

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Public accommodation has nothing to do with "same sex marriage that is the subject"

No place in the constitution does it protect sexual choice, you deviate from your claim and the topic with distraction "Why"?
The constitution doesn't mention being handicapped. Does that make it OK for business to put "no cripples" signs in their windows?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet it's republicans who just brought this back
Huge difference . They were trying to FORCE her to do something
not only against her own conscious but that which goes against what GOD himself says .
You dont see TRUE christains going into bake shops , photo shops
trying to FORCE folks to agree with things .
I will not support evil of any kind my friend . Whether it be murder , lies , homosexaulity
or etc . It wont be supported by this lamb . Truth is if we loved the peoples we would
have taught pure and holy doctrine to all .
I understand you might not want to admit what i am about to write , but it is true .
This agenda began under the guise of tolerance
But its goal is not tolerance , but rather ACCEPT MY SIN or perish from society .
Look real closely at what is going on around us .
If they were truly all about this so called tolerance they asked from the world
then why go about hunting down any place that simply refuses to serve their agenda .
This is about getting rid of any reminder of the TRUTH which exposes what they do as sin .
And that includes any person who sticks to said TRUTH .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not if you are LGBT
They have tons of politically correct business they could go to for service .
But , you see that is not the goal for them .
They had rather walk two extra miles just to seek out a place who does not support them
so they can try and destroy it .
I tried to tell folks what was gonna happen the very day the supreme court ruled in favor .
I remember this young lady all beaming and excited and she says aloud , THEY RULED IN FAVOR of IT .
I said right at that moment , NOW WATCH and see how tolerant they will be against those who do not hold to their views .
IT didnt take long either for that to show up .
It reminds me of a milder verision of what occured in the days of lott .
Now visualize this please .
The men had surrounded the house and were calling for the men who had come into lotts house
And lott said unto them , do not so wickedly , i have two young daughters who are virgins
do unto them as you wish , only leave these men alone .
AND what was their response , YE JUDGER , WE WILL DEAL WORSE WITH YOU NOW .
Now go to the cake bakers shop .
They came in and called for a WEDDING cake .
To which the cake baker replied , I cannot bake a cake for your wedding ,
BUT HERE i have treats and other things ye can buy .
AND THEY SAID WE WILL DEAL WORSE WITH YOU < WE TAKE YOU TO COURT .
OH YEAH its fast headed right into the days of LOTT .
Things will only get worse in this world as inquity continues to sky rocket .
True lambs will be hated only more and more .
BUT , my hope aint in this life or this world . LET them and the world do to me as it sees fit .
ONLY KNOW THIS , I REFUSE TO BUDGE ONE OUNCE from the biblcal truth
and refuse to give a millimeter of compromise to any sin or agenda .
MY END IS GOOD CAUSE JESUS IS MY HOPE . SO let this world do to me as it sees fit . GOD is with the lambs
and unto HE alone do we bend the knee . NOT to society , not to agendas of men gone wrong . BUT TO GOD .

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which makes the rule, no shirt, no shoes, no service, illegal?
Don't be silly.

If you are refused entrance into a say restaurant because you are only wearing a bikini its not discrimination because you can put on some clothes. You aren't being refused service because of who you are.
A guy made news once wearing just that into a store. Shirt and shoes.
It didn't go over well. :Broadly:

What was the Supreme Court's ruling in the Masterpiece Cakeshop case?

In a 7–2 decision, the Court ruled on narrow grounds that the Commission did not employ religious neutrality, violating Masterpiece owner Jack Phillips's rights to free exercise, and reversed the Commission's decision.
View attachment 34155
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia › wiki

Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil ... - Wikipedia

and the court side stepped the whole issues
A few years ago a gay owned bakery refused a Christian a wedding cake.
The Azucar Bakery in Denver. A man went in and wanted a cake decorated with an anti-gay slur. The baker refused and the man tried to claim he was discriminated against. He lost his suit because the baker wasn't refusing him because of his religion, she would doesn't decorate a cake with a hate based message for anyone.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not if you are LGBT
They had rather walk two extra miles just to seek out a place who does not support them
I tried to tell folks what was gonna happen the very day the supreme court ruled in favor .
I remember this young lady all beaming and excited and she says aloud , THEY RULED IN FAVOR of IT .
I said right at that moment , NOW WATCH and see how tolerant they will be against those who do not hold to their views .
The men had surrounded the house and were calling for the men who had come into lotts house
And lott said unto them , do not so wickedly , i have two young daughters who are virgins
AND THEY SAID WE WILL DEAL WORSE WITH YOU < WE TAKE YOU TO COURT .
OH YEAH its fast headed right into the days of LOTT .
Things will only get worse in this world as inquity continues to sky rocket .
True lambs will be hated only more and more .
BUT , my hope aint in this life or this world . LET them and the world do to me as it sees fit .
ONLY KNOW THIS , I REFUSE TO BUDGE ONE OUNCE from the biblcal truth
and refuse to give a millimeter of compromise to any sin or agenda .
MY END IS GOOD CAUSE JESUS IS MY HOPE . SO let this world do to me as it sees fit . GOD is with the lambs
and unto HE alone do we bend the knee . NOT to society , not to agendas of men gone wrong . BUT TO GOD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Healthcare workers, physicians, are able to invoke a conscience clause. This allows them to refuse service based on their religious conviction.

Pharmacists have been under a CC for years.
If you are a medical professional who refuses to care for someone because they are a member of a minority then you have no business being in medicine in the first place.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are a medical professional who refuses to care for someone because they are a member of a minority then you have no business being in medicine in the first place.
Any christain would help anyone that was hurt or in need of medical attention .
But no christain is gonna bake or do things to SUPPORT THEIR AGENDAS . NOW LEARN the DIFFERENCE .
I would help anyone who was sick , suffering , needed food or etc .
But what i wont do is , SUPPORT their wicked agenda .
SO pay attention my friend .
For i will give you a simple example of what i mean .
Lets say i woke up one morning and found a transgender men lying in the street .
I would actually help the man into my own house and care for his wounds
and even feed him . Course he would hear about JESUS TOO .
Then after he got better he could leave.
IF the same man then returned to my house
with an invite to go to a drag queen show , I WOULD REBUKE THAT MAN
and refuse to GO.
ARE you learning yet . WE DONT SUPPORT THEIR EVIL . repeat after me . We do not support their evil .
BIG DIFFERENCE between medical needs , verses an agenda to serve their wickedness

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh here is another example .
Lets say i was a doctor , a surgeon .
And i had a patient who was transgender .
OF course i would not deny him medical needs .
example if he needed a heart surgeory , i would do it
BUT and here comes the BUTT
IF he wanted some kind of TRANSFIGURATION on his body , HECK NO PARD . WE DONT SUPPORT THEIR EVIL .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huge difference . They were trying to FORCE her to do something
not only against her own conscious but that which goes against what GOD himself says .
You dont see TRUE christains going into bake shops , photo shops
trying to FORCE folks to agree with things .
YOU mean doing the service she offers to the general public?

But worse is the fact that Lauri Smith apparently lied about being asked to make a website for a gay couple.

I wonder if the courts will press charges for perjury.

I will not support evil of any kind my friend .
you support hate and discrimination
Whether it be murder , lies , homosexaulity
or etc . It wont be supported by this lamb . Truth is if we loved the peoples we would
have taught pure and holy doctrine to all .
I understand you might not want to admit what i am about to write , but it is true .
This agenda began under the guise of tolerance
But its goal is not tolerance , but rather ACCEPT MY SIN or perish from society .
Look real closely at what is going on around us .
If they were truly all about this so called tolerance they asked from the world
then why go about hunting down any place that simply refuses to serve their agenda .
This is about getting rid of any reminder of the TRUTH which exposes what they do as sin .
And that includes any person who sticks to said TRUTH .
so why did Ms. Smith lie?

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just like black people a generation ago had stores where they could go for service.
Who?
remind me again who is refusing who services
Lot was a sick and twisted
even though the baker baked wedding caked every day
Restaraunts in the segregated south would serve black people...but only if they came to the back door for take out. But that wasn't enough from those nasty and spiteful black people.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The constitution doesn't mention being handicapped. Does that make it OK for business to put "no cripples" signs in their windows?
Once again the topic is the constitution and protection of sexual choice, you made the claim it protects same sex marriage as you run in distraction "Why"?

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Exactly!

I would treat anyone no matter their color, race, political leaning or sexual preference, etc.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one in five LGBT individuals report having been refuse medical care because they were LGBT. the number is double for transgender individuals.
How would the provider even know if someone is gay? I’ve never been asked my sexual orientation when seeking treatment. The transgender people yes, they would know. But they could have been turned down because of the particular treatment they were seeking.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think it is more accurate to say it is a blow to human rights. The court opened the door to discrimination and effectively made a good number of people second class citizens. If they can ignore the constitution like that is any group safe?
Well to be fair the website designer has a right to decide what jobs he or she wants or does not want to take on.

This is probably more a case of what type of website the customer wanted to be designed, as to the reason of why it was rejected, the same would probably go for the webdesigner being asked to design a Muslim website or Buddhist website or Hindu website and refusing to do it, it has nothing to do with who the customer is, but to do with what type of website they want designed clashing against the web designer's conscience

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ADA protects handicapped individuals from such discrimination
and the 14th amendmenmt and title VII of the civil rights act protects LGBTindividuals from discriminaton....or at least it used to.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again the topic is the constitution and protection of sexual choice, you made the claim it protects same sex marriage as you run in distraction "Why"?
and the constitution offers no specific protection for the handicapped. my question stands.