US supreme court strikes blow against LGBTQ+ rights with Colorado ruling

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would the provider even know if someone is gay? I’ve never been asked my sexual orientation when seeking treatment. The transgender people yes, they would know. But they could have been turned down because of the particular treatment they were seeking.
so you are saying if an LGBT person is refused medical care it is their own fault...

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well to be fair the website designer has a right to decide what jobs he or she wants or does not want to take on.

This is probably more a case of what type of website the customer wanted to be designed, as to the reason of why it was rejected, the same would probably go for the webdesigner being asked to design a Muslim website or Buddhist website or Hindu website and refusing to do it, it has nothing to do with who the customer is, but to do with what type of website they want designed clashing against the web designer's conscience
Web designer: I am happy to make websites for couples getting married.
Buddhist: great I am getting married and would love to employ you.
Web designer: Sorry, you are Buddhist and I won't do that for you?
Buddhist: But that is discrimination
Web designer: No its not because turning you away has nothing to do with your religion.
Buddhist: but you just said it was because of my religion.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to put words in my mouth because you can’t refute what I actually said
you said: "How would the provider even know if someone is gay?" Implying that if the patient hid who they were they wouldn't have been discriminated against.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you said: "How would the provider even know if someone is gay?" Implying that if the patient hid who they were they wouldn't have been discriminated against.
I didn’t say anything about hiding anything. I said I have never been asked my sexual orientation when trying to get medical treatment. I don’t go in and announce “Hey I am straight “
Again how would the provider know whether someone is a homosexual or not?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t say anything about hiding anything. I said I have never been asked my sexual orientation when trying to get medical treatment. I don’t go in and announce “Hey I am straight “
Again how would the provider know whether someone is a homosexual or not?
Do you get asked about marital status? Children? Do you get asked if you are sexually active? Those are pretty common questions

The bigger questions why should someone who is gay not be able to tell their doctor?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been asked if I’m married but not whether to a man or woman. Never been asked about children or sexual activity.
Someone who is gay can tell their Doctor.
There is no way to confirm your statistics since it is merely based on people responding to a question.
(btw can’t gay people be married or single, have children or not and be sexually active or celibate? Those questions don’t seem like indicators of sexual orientation)

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one in five LGBT individuals report having been refuse medical care because they were LGBT. the number is double for transgender individuals.
Number one , IF by medical care one means sugery for reconstructive take my privy memeber and invert it .
THAT AINT MEDICAL care , its abomiation care .
HOWEVER if by medical care you mean A HOSPITAL ACTUALLY refuse to treat them for an ILLNESS or bodily harm
that would be incorrect .
But i do find that hard to believe . CAUSE NO HOSPITAL IS GONNA RISK the MAJOR LAWSUIT
for failing to give aide to ANYONE . SO me thinks by one in five you mean the abomination care .
HECK truth is I WISH ALL DOCTORS WOULD CEASE abomination care . GOD made them either male or female
IN THE WOMB . And that is how we should stay TILL THE TOMB . PEROID .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU mean doing the service she offers to the general public?

But worse is the fact that Lauri Smith apparently lied about being asked to make a website for a gay couple.

I wonder if the courts will press charges for perjury.

you support hate and discrimination

so why did Ms. Smith lie?
Do you think paul supported HATE and DISCRMINATION
when he said any brother or sister who ..................................is a fornicator etc
NOT to even eat with them . Its not hate and discrimination to follow the biblical pattern of correction .
ITS good , holy and right to do so .
They support THEIR SIN . There is a big difference between a repentant person
and an unrepentant one . I have seen both .
The true repentant homosexual will never again IDENTIFY with his or her sin .
They do not honor it , they do not support it . THEY give testimonies
of HOW GOD and others through GOD showed them their error and THEY got convicted
saw it now as EVIL , and FLED from it . AND continue to fight against the lusts of the flesh .
JUST LIKE any other true christain does with any sin .
ALL can be tempted , and all will be tempted by the flesh . THE THING IS LAMBS hate the EVIL of their own flesh .
Unrepentant sinners DO NOT KNOW GOD , CHRIST , the TRUTH .
THEY may be able to lip HIS name , but you will see them IDENITFY with their sin and HONOR IT and FIGHT FOR IT .
LEARN the DIFFERENCE and fast .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU mean doing the service she offers to the general public?

But worse is the fact that Lauri Smith apparently lied about being asked to make a website for a gay couple.

I wonder if the courts will press charges for perjury.

you support hate and discrimination

so why did Ms. Smith lie?
Her lawyer said she received the order however she may have been trolled. The person she named said he never made the request and he has been married to a woman for 15 years

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you get asked about marital status? Children? Do you get asked if you are sexually active? Those are pretty common questions

The bigger questions why should someone who is gay not be able to tell their doctor?

Her lawyer said she received the order however she may have been trolled. The person she named said he never made the request and he has been married to a woman for 15 years
Well whether or not she lied about it i do not know . if she did , shame be upon her .
We ought not lie at all . But i did see what the gays did to that cake baker .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Number one , IF by medical care one means sugery for reconstructive take my privy memeber and invert it .
THAT AINT MEDICAL care , its abomiation care .
HOWEVER if by medical care you mean A HOSPITAL ACTUALLY refuse to treat them for an ILLNESS or bodily harm
that would be incorrect .

in 2017 Jesse Brace had a seizure and like any one lese would, went to the ER. When the ER found out she was a trans woman they sent her away without any exam or treatment for the seizure.

Jesse Hammons was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and scheduled for a hysterectomy. When the hospital found out Jess was a transgender man they refused to perform the surgery The University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center said performing such a surgery would violate their religious conscious

Shaun Smith's mother called for an ambulance when Shaun went into diabetic shock. The EMT's arrived but refused to provide care or transportation because Shaun was transgender. They left Shaun's home and she died.

Jay Kallio a trans man was refused cancer treatment by two different doctors.

Marion was told that no one at the walk in medical care would see her.

Tyra Hunter, a transgender woman seriously injured in a car accident outside Washington, DC. the responding EMT's walked away leaving her to die

Robert Eads, a transgender man with ovarian cancer was refused care by 20 separate doctors

I can go on if you like.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in 2017 Jesse Brace had a seizure and like any one lese would, went to the ER. When the ER found out she was a trans woman they sent her away without any exam or treatment for the seizure.

Jesse Hammons was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and scheduled for a hysterectomy. When the hospital found out Jess was a transgender man they refused to perform the surgery The University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center said performing such a surgery would violate their religious conscious

Shaun Smith's mother called for an ambulance when Shaun went into diabetic shock. The EMT's arrived but refused to provide care or transportation because Shaun was transgender. They left Shaun's home and she died.

Tyra Hunter, a transgender woman seriously injured in a car accident outside Washington, DC. the responding EMT's walked away leaving her to die

Robert Eads, a transgender man with ovarian cancer was refused care by 20 separate doctors

I can go on if you like.
So the problem is with transgender people, not homosexuals ?

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She was represented by the Alliance Defending Freedom and some miracle she received the fake contact less than 24 hours after the ALS filed their law suit. This same organization has lobbied for the criminalization of homo sexuality. advocated the death penalty for homosexuals and provided legal services for a group wanting to engage in the forced sterilization of LGBT individuals.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can go on if you like.

I could never do something like this as an EMT. Even if I saw someone just shoot 20 kids and they themselves were shot, and it was left to me to provide lifesaving medical care I would.

They are still human and deserve to get the same medical care I would provide to one of the kids that they shot.

Reactions: ButterflyJones

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the problem is with transgender people, not homosexuals ?
I was responding to a poster specifically talking about trans people.

If you are to lazy to look it up for yourself I can put up a list of gays and lesbians refused medical care but i have to wonder if you would even acknowledge that or even find something wrong with medical professionals refusing care to minorities.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know Donald J. Trump nominated and saw appointment of 3 conservative justices, (Gorsuch) who wrote the majority opinion (Kavanaugh) and (Barrett) a good thing, thank you Jesus!
And Biden, a known racist, nominated for the reason of optics, a black candidate unable to define their own anatomy when asked during their confirmation hearings, what is the definition of female?
And could not answer.