Using the KJV can anyone tell us.......

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
John_8:32 said:
God does marry people...

Jer 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

God was married to Israel. He will marry the church...

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

He died which broke the marriage between Him and Israel.
Isn't Israel a land? The people of Israel are the children not the wife and are called either Israelites or Jewish? The ACTIONS taught by the mother make the children obedient or disobedient to the father of a household. That is what a mother's job is. The actions of the saints are the BRIDES holy white gown and those being tried as gold and silver will be her jewels for the wedding.
Mal 3:16-17
16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
KJV

Isa 50:1
50:1 Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.
KJV
Rev 21:9-24
9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
KJV

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Isn't Israel a land?

Primarily, no.

Primarily, Israel is a people. Israel, which means 'God prevails' was the new name given to Jacob. The 'children of Israel' are people.

I explained that they existed long before the territory was ever known as Israel, during the few generations from Joshua to Solomon.

ENOCH2010

Aug 15, 2012
Axehead said:
So, are you talking about the "Serpent Seed" doctrine of Arnold Murray, here?
No I have my own opinion,it has nothing to do with Murray.
I just can't bring myself to understand why the sons of God scripture in Gen. isn't explained any more than it is in that chapter. Most people ignore it, or say the sons of God are the offspring of Seth, I have to believe what the Bible says. It doesn't say they are the offspring of Seth, it says they are the sons of God. The thought about the seed of Satan comes from the book of Enoch, I know it's not considered cannon here in the USA, but I don't know if I agree with that. The book was around before the cannon was a even a thought of the early church, a copy of it was found with the dead sea scrolls.

4given

Jun 24, 2012
She ate from the Tree that God told her not to eat from, there was no mistake. Up until this command there was no law. But than the law came and they died. God knew that. It had to be done because there was a Satan running around and God required a legal precedent to destroy the Satan. Thus man enters into the equation. It was the perfect solution because God would show forth His attributes through man and his ignorance, He would have mercy on Him. He could not do that with the Satan because the Satan already knew God. There is no mercy to the man that knew God and rejects him purposefully desire the evil over Him. It's not possible for such persons to come back to the Lord. By creating the man, God would set up a whole new world order in the heavenlies, where these once imperfect people now made perfect will govern the universe with God the Father through our Lord Jesus Christ.

MTPockets

Aug 4, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
The sons of God did not have literal children they have spiritual children only. What makes us a child of God, is it our flesh? or is it by receiving His Word and Spirit?
God never marries people, He marries LANDS and the people are called the children.
Was God not married to the land of ISRAEL? or was He married to Abraham, Jeremiah, Moses? No, it was the land who are called as Woman that they married. Just as countries are of different rules and have their ways of being for they are spiritually lead and that is why we say "motherland" and the people learn the ways of their leaders who are set up by God and the nation is of one mindset for the most part. Of course each individual is responsible for their own actions and beliefs.
But just as they say "When in Rome do as they do"
Ever wonder why Jacob was called Israel? Israel is the motherland and Jacob represents the children or sons of her and God. See God also married Samaria and calls her by a female name and speaks of the children as the ACTIONS of the motherland. America was supposed to be married to God and she was beautiful as God shed His grace on her. But now we see the children of God in their motherland have been taught disobedience.. America the beauty has defiled herself and has allowed her children to forsake the Word of God and have ruined her children turning them away from the Father.
If we are not children of God because of our flesh, then we are not children of Satan because of our flesh. But just as our Father's Word and Spirit leads us in paths of righteousness and life, Satan's anti-Word and unclean spirit leads our flesh down dark paths to do evil and death. The sons of God married spiritually teaching us things that were forbidden by God. Satan is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Satan's unclean spirit teaches us how to be our own god and not need God in our lives. God Spirit teaches us to lean on God for EVERYTHING and give praise to our Father for all we have been given. All who look to themselves or man as their help are anti-Christ for they do not know the Word nor God.
Ezek 23:1-4
23:1 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, there were two women, the daughters of one mother:
3 And they committed whoredoms in Egypt; they committed whoredoms in their youth: there were their breasts pressed, and there they bruised the teats of their virginity.
4 And the names of them were Aholah the elder, and Aholibah her sister: and they were mine, and they bare sons and daughters. Thus were their names; Samaria is Aholah, and Jerusalem Aholibah.
KJV
Matt 22:29-30
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
KJV

Ezek 31:8-10
8 The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chestnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty.
9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.
10 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast lifted up thyself in height, and he hath shot up his top among the thick boughs, and his heart is lifted up in his height;
KJV

As for the giants.... these are not so much LARGE men as the are LARGE in life as bullies, powerful as in ruling over, giants in the INDUSTRY, giants as is Bucks to buy and bribe their way in life. Giants that eat of the BIG grapes with ill gotten gain that were meant for God's children but they have told God's children that God wants them broke to prove their holiness... what a lie from the pit. All the gold and silver is mine sayeth the LORD and we are joint-heirs in Christ of all the Father has.
Blessings
Hi! 'afaithfulone4u'

ummm, your comments to this Thread need some clarification; (at least, in my opinion).

For instance, you wrote: "God never marries people, He marries LANDS". This kind of wrongful thinking is near exactly to what the cult of Gardner Ted Armstrong and others similar subscribe to.
Contrary to your statement, God indeed does marry people. Even Paul himself had to admit that this fact was something of a "mystery".
When the Spirit of God possesses the human spirit, the two become one. Paul wrote in 1Cor 5:31, "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. This is a profound mystery — but I am talking about Christ and the church".
In this day, we are united as one with Jesus and, in that sense, it could be said that we are the 'wife' of Jesus. However, the eternal plan of God is that we also become the wife of God Himself at the restoration of all things.

By means of histories, shadow images, prophesies, allegories, visions and revelations the holy Spirit reveals what God intends to do with His creation and in particular with man.
Like the Eliezer of the Old Testament shadow image, the Spirit of God is showering the future 'woman of the lamb' with precious jewels (spiritual gifts) while she is being cleansed in the 'bath of water of the word'. This is beautifully expressed in the history of the Eliezer and Rebecca. Just as the Eliezer did everything that was in his power to bring the bride of Isaac clean and holy, shining and without a 'blemish or wrinkle' before her lord, so the Spirit of God is forming the church as His 'woman' and bring her before our Lord. In this way the 'Body of Christ' is formed as the true 'temple' of the living God.

Since the outpouring of the holy Spirit on Pentecost after the ascension of our Lord, the 'gospel' of Jesus Christ is being preached. This pure gospel is the 'truth' that causes the 'unity' of the 'body'. The Spirit Who stems from the Father and the Son, is also the Spirit of the Church, the 'Body of Christ'. The infilling of this one Spirit will work so that 'all will be one in God.', (I Cor 15:28). From the beginning the Spirit is sent out into the world as an 'Eliezer', (servant of Abraham), to gather the 'bride of the Lamb' from all generations, nations and tongues from the 'womb of God'.

The origin of the name 'Eve' refers to the close relationship of woman with her husband, (Gen 1:26-31). This reflects the close relationship God meant for man with Himself. That is why the creation of Adam and Eve is a shadow image of the birth of the last Adam, (the Lord Jesus), and the church, (Eve).

Since the beginning of the history of salvation, the Holy Spirit fulfils this assignment with the greatest care. He does this by preparation and re-creation. In the shadow image of the glorious bond between Christ Jesus and His church, the marriage between man and woman has to be pure, clean and holy, based on love, devotion and mutual subjection, (Eph 5:22-23). The preparatory work of the holy Spirit first brings forth the true church, (the whole of believers who are infilled with the Spirit, the 'Body of Christ'), in full stature. When this has become true, the atonement has been fully achieved. The Lord Jesus shall then present his 'bride' and clothe her in 'spotless fine linen', holy and blameless, equipped to very good work, (Eph 5:26,27, Rev 19:8).

The Old Testament peoples had a veil over their hearts and minds. But we New Testament belivers have enlightened minds and hearts and are invited to become fully aware of the eternal counsel of God pertaining to the destiny of man.
New Testament Christians do not belong to the earth; neither is their citizenship of the earth. Their's is not an earthly land but a heavenly land .. the kingdom of heaven.

Yes, it's true that some Christians stubbornly insist that their God is aligned with the lands and geography of the natural land of Israel and wrongly place their trust in the visible world for the "evidence of things unseen", (Heb 11:1). This kind of thinking has increasingly ostracized the pure Gospel because those who look for the revealing of God's plans and purposes in, for example, natural earthly Israel, risk aligning the pormises of God with accused war criminals and debased politcal intrigue.