VBS testimonies :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hehe I realized I forgot to post this here.

0803181739a.jpg 0803181739a.jpg So we recently had our VBS for preschool through senior high!!!! I planned 5th grade and below, and there were 14 in this age group. It was our first time to do one in 10 years, haven't had one since I have been at my church.

But it was a blast and the kids got excited about Christ. We even got Gideon New Testaments to give them, so all the kids and teens got one.

It was a three day camp with a summer bash the fourth day. And the last day we had ten kids and eight of them prayed a short prayer professing Jesus Christ as their Savior. So God was planting seeds and planting roots even in the young ones. And there were about 15 of the teens 6th grade and up, and three publicly said they gave their life to Jesus, so God was working and I am so grateful!!!!

My associate pastor spoke the messages for 5th grade and below. She talked on Jesus being our Shepherd, our guiding light (psalm 119:105), and of course that He is our salvation. The kids got the evangelistic bead necklaces, we painted shepherd rods, prayer rocks, and made little lights. We also had a prayer walk around the church with different prayers that also explained the beads to the necklaces, and did a treat hunt. Played some soft ball. It was just a wonderful week and really kindled that hunger for children's ministry. I really want to reach young children for Christ. I just need to have more confidence that God can and will use me to do so since I am willing and desire to serve Him. We called it "Fun in the Son" adventure for the kids, and we even fed them and they got popsicles. Big summer bash the last day.
0803181739a.jpg 0804180024a.jpg

Reactions: amadeus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hehe sorry for all the prayer rock pics. Lol. Didn't mean to post so many :D

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was the singer and revival speaker that the teens had this week. He played for us this morning. Yes, my daughter was just a laughing.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hehe I realized I forgot to post this here.

View attachment 3562 View attachment 3562 So we recently had our VBS for preschool through senior high!!!! I planned 5th grade and below, and there were 14 in this age group. It was our first time to do one in 10 years, haven't had one since I have been at my church.

But it was a blast and the kids got excited about Christ. We even got Gideon New Testaments to give them, so all the kids and teens got one.

It was a three day camp with a summer bash the fourth day. And the last day we had ten kids and eight of them prayed a short prayer professing Jesus Christ as their Savior. So God was planting seeds and planting roots even in the young ones. And there were about 15 of the teens 6th grade and up, and three publicly said they gave their life to Jesus, so God was working and I am so grateful!!!!

My associate pastor spoke the messages for 5th grade and below. She talked on Jesus being our Shepherd, our guiding light (psalm 119:105), and of course that He is our salvation. The kids got the evangelistic bead necklaces, we painted shepherd rods, prayer rocks, and made little lights. We also had a prayer walk around the church with different prayers that also explained the beads to the necklaces, and did a treat hunt. Played some soft ball. It was just a wonderful week and really kindled that hunger for children's ministry. I really want to reach young children for Christ. I just need to have more confidence that God can and will use me to do so since I am willing and desire to serve Him. We called it "Fun in the Son" adventure for the kids, and we even fed them and they got popsicles. Big summer bash the last day.
View attachment 3562 View attachment 3561

Good ideas, and glad to hear it went well. Don't worry about 'confidence'. God does not require you to be successful, just faithful. Just go with your desire and trust Him.

Stranger