Verse by verse studies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

To those who desire to take on a challenge:

If you have a computer or notepad with pen and paper, one good thing you can do in getting closer to descriptive writing, and thoughts concerning contextual content in the Bible. Also with the help of possible credible sourced introduction information.

You by yourself can learn so much from the Bible, and you will never stray off course in getting lost off the contents in the context founded in the Bible aside probably added emphasize, considering the thought and mind and actions of others with in the journey, and possibly after the gospels some conjecture here and there, as it is never going to be possible to not have some conjecture sometimes, and times where you simple do not know something.

Another asset to this is understanding the words in their original meaning, also a reference guide can help further your knowledge in adding empathized information from the Old Testament itself and always you can ask God for wisdom by the Holy Spirit if you trust in faith in Christ!

God bless and take care.

Be encouraged.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

To those who desire to take on a challenge:

If you have a computer or notepad with pen and paper, one good thing you can do in getting closer to descriptive writing, and thoughts concerning contextual content in the Bible. Also with the help of possible credible sourced introduction information.

You by yourself can learn so much from the Bible, and you will never stray off course in getting lost off the contents in the context founded in the Bible aside probably added emphasize, considering the thought and mind and actions of others with in the journey, and possibly after the gospels some conjecture here and there, as it is never going to be possible to not have some conjecture sometimes, and times where you simple do not know something.

Another asset to this is understanding the words in their original meaning, also a reference guide can help further your knowledge in adding empathized information from the Old Testament itself and always you can ask God for wisdom by the Holy Spirit if you trust in faith in Christ!

God bless and take care.

Be encouraged.

The concept sounds great Matt, but not logical. A verse to verse study should be for extremely mature Christians. Best to study by topic. It is especially critical at this point to come to know God and Jesus now, as we are so close to the end of this system. Now is the time to find out who God is, and who His people are and go with them sir Zech 8:23

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert?

What, Or why to you, is not logical about going verse by verse, learning context and trying get understanding of Hebrew words and Greek words and using the Apostlic record, with the Old Testament in one’s study?

It would seem logical for a person who desires to be a diligent student of the word.

Paul wrote encouraging Timothy saying,
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert?

What, Or why to you, is not logical about going verse by verse, learning context and trying get understanding of Hebrew words and Greek words and using the Apostlic record, with the Old Testament in one’s study?

It would seem logical for a person who desires to be a diligent student of the word.

Paul wrote encouraging Timothy saying,
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

For the advanced student, I think it would be great Matt. For a beginner, it would take years (if ever) before a person would even hear about Jesus, who is essential in our salvation today. Our new interactive study book is the best I have ever seen, one of my past students became opposed and quit his study, although we stayed friends. When they released this one, I felt it was perfect for him, and although he really did not want to study with me, out of friendship he accepted going through 3 lessons, and I promised I wouldn't bother him anymore if he wanted to discontinue the study. Surprisingly got excited about his study, and we had a great study until his untimely death. He was even going to attend the meetings, but died 2 days prior to being able to. You just never know Matt. But I am excited by this new interactive study, and think it will help many to come to know Jehovah.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing Robert, death is always around the corner, 2 days before going to a meeting that is pretty wild.

Hate that for that kid and family.