Very Impressed Popes Speech to Curia

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see, in your mind you conclude a. & b. yet in objective reality this is far from the truth......and herein is evidence (for which you are always asking) of the darkness within which you operate.
And yet - YOU have repeatedly failed to provide even a SINGLE example of what your comment in RED implies.

I don't know you - you may be a nice peerson.
BUT, as a n apoligist - you are an empty barrell . . .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And yet - YOU have repeatedly failed to provide even a SINGLE example of what your comment in RED implies.

I don't know you - you may be a nice peerson.
BUT, as a n apoligist - you are an empty barrell . . .
The evidence manifested by those in darkness who justify and love their darkness is blame.
Blame is the indicator followed by misrepresentation. It has always been the case right from the beginning of the conflict in the Universe. Blame is the child of the accuser. It becomes the foundation of all who love the darkness.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys made up that name.
Call it CC or RCC or whatever, that was all made up by men.
Ummmmm, which “guys”?
Can you tell me WHO “made up” the name “Catholic Church” – and WHEN it was invented?

I'll you a chance to look it up because I am CERTAIN that you’re ignorant on the matter .

You actually divide the church

contrary to 1 Corinthians 3, at the risk of being destroyed by God.
"I'm of Peter and you're not so you're not only worthy of my contempt but you are worthy of God's condemnation."
REALLY??

This hypocritical manure coming from a a person who adheres to one of the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects of Protestantism that ALL teach different doctrines based on the interpretations of the MEN who started each sect.

Peter isn't the "dividing line" of the church.

1 Corinthians 3:4-8 KJV
4) For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5) Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6) I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7) So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8) Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

Ephesians 2:19-22 KJV
19) Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20) And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21) In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22) In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 3:11 KJV
11) For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:16-18 KJV
16) Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17) If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
18) Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

1 Corinthians 3:21-23 KJV
21) Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
22) Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
23) And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

Don't say you haven't been warned!

Much love!
A PERFECT illustration of your woeful-ignorance of Scripture.

Do you have ANY idea what is actually being SAID in 1 Cor. 3?? Paul is decrying and condemning FACTIONS. In other words PROTESTANTS – like the gaggle that exists today. In John 17:20-23, Jesus prays fervently to the Father that His Church REMAINS ONE – as He and the Father are ONE.

YOU belong to a splinter of a splinter of a splinter, etc., from the splintered factions create by your Protestant Fathers. In fact – there is almost NO Protestant faction born at the Protestant Revolt that adheres to the original precepts and doctrines of their founders – because of this perpetual-splintering that has occurred.

Your Protestant Fathers received and adored the Holy Eucharist as the Body of Christ.
They venerated Mary and the saints and prayed for intercession.
They considered Mary, the Mother of God

As for your posting of Eph. 2NOBODY in the Catholic church ever said that Jesus WASN’T the chief Cornerstone. That’s yet another anti-Catholic whopper you’ve been weaned on.
This isn’t a “Protestant discovery” – but a Biblical CATHOLIC doctrine.

Finally – Peter was appointed to be in charge of the others - and to be the earthly leader of the Church.
To deny this is to admit your Scriptural ignorance.

If Peter WASN’T in charge
a. Tell me WHY Jesus singled out Peter when He gave him the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19) if did not put him in charge.

b. Tell me WHY Jesus asked Peter and Peter alone to feed His lambs and tend His sheep (John 21:15-19) if did not put him in charge.

c. Tell me WHY Jesus said that He prayed for Peter ALONE to strengthen the others and bring them back to faith (Luke 22:31-32) if did not put him in charge.

d. Tell me WHY Peter called "Protos" (First) in the Gospel (Matt. 10:2) if he was not in charge??

e. Tell me WHY Peter's name occurs first in all lists of apostles (Matt. 10:2; Mk 3:16; Luke 6:14; Acts 1:13) if he was not in charge??

f. Tell me WHY Peter is specified by an angel as the leader and representative of the apostles (Mark 16:7) if he was not in charge??

g. Tell me WHY Peter takes the lead in calling for a successor for Judas (Acts 1:22) if He was not in charge??

h. Tell me WHY Peter is the first person to speak (and only one recorded) after Pentecost, making him the first Christian to preach the Gospel in the Church (Acts 2:14-36) if he was not in charge??

i.
Tell me WHY Peter works the first miracle of the Church Age, healing a lame man (Acts 3:6-12) if he was not in charge??

j. Tell me WHY Peter utters the first anathema (Ananias and Sapphira) affirmed by God (Acts 5:2-11) if He was not in charge??

k. Tell me WHY Peter is the first person after Christ to raise the dead (Acts 9:40) if he was not in charge??

l. Tell me WHY Cornelius is told by an angel to seek out Peter for instruction in Christianity (Acts 10:1-6) if he was not in charge??

m. Tell me WHY Peter's name is mentioned more often than all the other disciples put together if He was not in charge??

His name is mentioned 191 times (162 as Peter or Simon Peter, 23 as Simon and 6 as Cephas). John is the next with only 48 mentions, and Peter is present 50 percent of the time we find John in the Bible.

I'll wait right here for your answer . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The evidence manifested by those in darkness who justify and love their darkness is blame.
Blame is the indicator followed by misrepresentation. It has always been the case right from the beginning of the conflict in the Universe. Blame is the child of the accuser. It becomes the foundation of all who love the darkness.
TRANSLATON:
"I don’t have ANY evidence to give you – so I’ll use that excuse as 'evudence'!"

Roger that,
Einstein . . .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
TRANSLATON:
"I don’t have ANY evidence to give you – so I’ll use that excuse as 'evudence'!"

Roger that,
Einstein . . .
Your reply does the very thing I have pointed out. It confirms and does not excuse. Your condescension further reinforces my point.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@BreadOfLife ......On another point, the moniker you have given yourself; it is by any standard considerably presumptuous....but I doubt that has even crossed your mind ....a mere mortal choosing to call himself BreadOfLife......a title only Jesus is qualified for and worthy of.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your reply does the very thing I have pointed out. It confirms and does not excuse. Your condescension further reinforces my point.
And you made MY point with your incessant evaseiveness.

Look - I'm on this forum for ONE eadon and ONE reason only:
To expose anti-Catholic lies.

If you do't want to be exposed - then dpn't proliferate them . . .

Reactions: Illuminator

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife ......On another point, the moniker you have given yourself; it is by any standard considerably presumptuous....but I doubt that has even crossed your mind ....a mere mortal choosing to call himself BreadOfLife......a title only Jesus is qualified for and worthy of.
Tjhis is a petty and impotent gripe.
I use thius moniker as a tribute to my Lord and God and to promote the truth of the Eucharist.

Grow up . . .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And you made MY point with your incessant evaseiveness.

Look - I'm on this forum for ONE eadon and ONE reason only:
To expose anti-Catholic lies.

If you do't want to be exposed - then dpn't proliferate them . . .
lol....well that is funny because instead of exposing others you expose yourself BOL. :)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tjhis is a petty and impotent gripe.
I use thius moniker as a tribute to my Lord and God and to promote the truth of the Eucharist.

Grow up . . .
and so this is the process you invert every truth...... it matters not whether it is doctrine or the rationale of debate......you turn white to black and then miserably attempt to persuade others it is white.

I guess this is also the process the RCC uses to justify her opulence. No wonder this system is named the whore of Babylon who makes all the nations drunk with the wine (teaching) of a smooth tongue.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have ANY idea what is actually being SAID in 1 Cor. 3?? Paul is decrying and condemning FACTIONS. In other words PROTESTANTS – like the gaggle that exists today. In John 17:20-23, Jesus prays fervently to the Father that His Church REMAINS ONE – as He and the Father are ONE.
Go back to the passage. It's about holding up one over the others and in so doing dividing the church. God counts that as destruction, and warns that those who destroy His temple - dividing the church - He will destroy.

Heed His warning!

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what you think? Why?

Much love!
Because your profile says “Christian”.

So - if you ARE a Baptized Christian w=ho is neither Catholic nor Orthodox – then YOU are a Protestant by definition.
And Protestantism is defined by perpetual splintering . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go back to the passage. It's about holding up one over the others and in so doing dividing the church. God counts that as destruction, and warns that those who destroy His temple - dividing the church - He will destroy.

Heed His warning!

Much love!
WRONG.
It’s about DIVISION in the Church,

I think you’re confused again.
I don’t “Divide” the Church. There is MORE than enough division within tens of thousands of man-made flavors.

Besides – there is only ONE Church – and although Protestants are related to that Church through Baptism – they are OUTSIDE of it by choice.
And YOU, as divided Protestant accusing Catholics of “division” . . .

If you have a beef with me for pointing out this truth or for exposing anti-Catholics for their lies – perhaps you should work on THEM so that this won’t happen.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because your profile says “Christian”.

So - if you ARE a Baptized Christian w=ho is neither Catholic nor Orthodox – then YOU are a Protestant by definition.
And Protestantism is defined by perpetual splintering . . .
That's a rather limited POV. OK, you also, you are conversing with your projection of me, not with me in actuality.

Much love!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a rather limited POV. OK, you also, you are conversing with your projection of me, not with me in actuality.

Much love!
No - I've just been responding to YOUR posts and inquiries.

Remember - it was YOU who first approached and challenged ME - NOT the other way around . . .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more I think about what he said, the more I think he was warning them to keep in mind the past evils of the church and how it is very possible they could happen again.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The more I think about what he said, the more I think he was warning them to keep in mind the past evils of the church and how it is very possible they could happen again.

1 Corinthians 1:10-13 "I appeal to you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree and that there be no dissensions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.11 For it has been reported to me that there is quarreling among you, my brethren.12 What I mean is that each one of you says, "I belong to Paul," or "I belong to Apollos," or "I belong to Cephas," or "I belong to Christ."13 Is Christ divided ?" RSV

Here's my $.02.

Paul is not saying that Cephas is below Paul in authority any more than he is saying that Christ is not above both of them. What Paul is saying is that if you accept any one, Christ , Peter, Paul, or Apollos, then you must accept all of the others. A person cannot rationalize a rejection of any one of them. Verse 13 means it's a test. A question. Of course, we all know that it is impossible to divide Christ. The theme of the Church being in a sense Christ-on-earth is all over the place in the NT. That's hard to explain with the Church being full of sinners and hypocrites.

Pope: "I am a sinner".

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and so this is the process you invert every truth...... it matters not whether it is doctrine or the rationale of debate......you turn white to black and then miserably attempt to persuade others it is white.

I guess this is also the process the RCC uses to justify her opulence. No wonder this system is named the whore of Babylon who makes all the nations drunk with the wine (teaching) of a smooth tongue.
1674786744474.png