Very Impressed Popes Speech to Curia

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's a stupid comeback, because the bad pope argument is made by hypocrites who claim the reformers were godly men, when in fact they were amoral apostates, and not once have I justified the bad behavior of popes centuries ago, which I have repeatedly admitted. You are being phoney.
it's not stupid at all but speaks directly to your attempt to justify the history of popes by maligning those opposed to him.
You are derailing with other movements that has nothing to do with the discussion.
a comparison is no derailment!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol....and I thought you thought you were informed BOL. Soooooo, here is a fact for the man of facts you have missed :)
RCC = Roman Catholic Church :) :)
WRONG.

What’s the “Roman” Catholic Church.
There is only the Catholic Chuch.

Roman/Latin” refers to just ONE of the TWENTY odd Liturgical Rites – and they’re NOT all “Roman”.
There are the Maronites, Coptic, Byzantines, Melkite and others. They are ALL part of the ONE Catholic Church. They differ culturally - not doctrinally.

Whenever you guys gripe against the “RCC” – you don’t realize how foolish you look so do yourr homework . . .

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ummm, what is "RCC"??
"RCC" is a lazy acronym designating all Catholics and a sure sign they haven't a clue what they are talking about. "RCC" is inaccurate and this gets explained 1000 times, almost everyday, Either objectors are too proud to be corrected, or they just like to be annoying.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
WRONG.

Roman/Latin” refers to just ONE of the TWENTY odd Liturgical Rites – and they’re NOT all “Roman”.
There are the Maronites, Coptic, Byzantines, Melkite and others. They are ALL part of the ONE Catholic Church. They differ culturally - not doctrinally.

Whenever you guys gripe against the “RCC” – you don’t realize how foolish you look so do yourr homework . . .
you can play with your interpretation and understanding in an attempt to avoid intent however, you are the one who looks foolish as you engage your fancy footwork.

Has it not occurred to you that it is the secular world which names the period during which the Popes reigned as 'the dark ages'?
....and what do you think brought on the period in history known as 'the enlightenment'?

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"RCC" is a dead give-away used by people who haven't a clue what they are talking about.
Since the whole world knows what RCC stands for, this is simply another dodge to protect the shenanigans of the pope and his clerics (a whole bunch of frauds who should have been removed from office long ago). The church of Rome dominated Europe for about 1,000 years, but "Roman Catholic Church" is no longer a valid designation????

If Simon Peter were sent back to earth momentarily he would cleanse this "temple" just like Christ cleansed the temple in Jerusalem. Peter spoke out very strongly against false prophets and false teachers. Everyone should read the two epistles of Peter (who humbly called himself an elder among elders).

Reactions: TLHKAJ and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

Where's the Pope? Isn't this a simple thing to grasp?

Much love!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since the whole world knows what RCC stands for, this is simply another dodge to protect the shenanigans of the pope and his clerics (a whole bunch of frauds who should have been removed from office long ago). The church of Rome dominated Europe for about 1,000 years, but "Roman Catholic Church" is no longer a valid designation????
"Roman Catholic Church" is a valid designation for the Latin or Roman Rite, "RCC" is not a valid designation for all Catholics of other rites. Why this is so difficult for you to understand is anybody's guess.
If Simon Peter were sent back to earth momentarily he would cleanse this "temple" just like Christ cleansed the temple in Jerusalem.
Peter is not going to change what he already started, even if he did come back momentarily. His office is guaranteed by God to last until the end of time. The gates of hell have assailed, but it cannot prevail. The Bible rules that out. Your new doctrine says the gates of hell have prevailed, which contradicts the Bible.

1672897424500.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Marymog

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Peter is not going to change what he already started, even if he did come back momentarily. His office is guaranteed by God to last until the end of time. The gates of hell have assailed, but it cannot prevail. The Bible rules that out. Your new doctrine says the gates of hell have prevailed, which contradicts the Bible.
Peter didn't start anything. Peter readily denied Jesus at his trial and was shame faced. Jesus reinstated Peter (assured him that his shame would not rule his reality) after the resurrection by labouring 'do you love me more than these' three times (understand the significance)

It was Jesus who started everything.....and finishes everything. Jesus is the unmovable rock which the gates of hell have not prevailed against.

Reactions: marks

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where's the Pope? Isn't this a simple thing to grasp?

Much love!
Huh??
What
are you talking about?? We were discussing the correct name of the Catholic Church

What
does this have to do with "where" the Pope is??
If the Pope lived in New York - that wouldn't change the name of the Church to the "New York Catholic Church".

WHERE
the Pope lives has absolutely NOTHING to do with the official name of the Church - unless you're Henry VIII . . ..

Reactions: Illuminator

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh??
What
are you talking about?? We were discussing the correct name of the Catholic Church

What
does this have to do with "where" the Pope is??
If the Pope lived in New York - that wouldn't change the name of the Church to the "New York Catholic Church".

WHERE
the Pope lives has absolutely NOTHING to do with the official name of the Church - unless you're Henry VIII . . ..
Why should anything be simple, right? Except it is.

Much love!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter didn't start anything. Peter readily denied Jesus at his trial and was shame faced. Jesus reinstated Peter (assured him that his shame would not rule his reality) after the resurrection by labouring 'do you love me more than these' three times (understand the significance)

It was Jesus who started everything.....and finishes everything. Jesus is the unmovable rock which the gates of hell have not prevailed against.
This statememt.as Scripturally-Bankrupt as claiming that Paul didn't start anything either because HE actually killed Christians.

What is it with the hypocrisy of ignorant, self-righteous anti-Catholics like yourself, who believe YOU are all "forgiven" - but Peter died in his sins?
There's a Biblical name for YOU:
"Pharisee" . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should anything be simple, right? Except it is.

Much love!
And your evasive and cryptic answer tells me that you don't know - but are trying to wax philosophical . . .

Sooooo, during the 67 years of the Avignon (France) Papacy – did the Catholic Church’s official name change to the “Avignon Catholic Church (ACC)?

It's best to simply answer the question and leave the "High0School stoner" philosophy at the door . . .

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This statememt.as Scripturally-Bankrupt as claiming that Paul didn't start anything either because HE actually killed Christians.

What is it with the hypocrisy of ignorant, self-righteous anti-Catholics like yourself, who believe YOU are all "forgiven" - but Peter died in his sins?
There's a Biblical name for YOU:
"Pharisee" . . .
Your volley of accusations betray you. They reveal a certain spirit I have no interest in.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your volley of accusations betray you. They reveal a certain spirit I have no interest in.
It's called "Righteous Indignation."
You'll find out about that when you're being judged - as will ALL those who spin lies about Christ and His Church.

Don't say that nobody warned you . . .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And your evasive and cryptic answer tells me that you don't know - but are trying to wax philosophical . . .

Sooooo, during the 67 years of the Avignon (France) Papacy – did the Catholic Church’s official name change to the “Avignon Catholic Church (ACC)?

It's best to simply answer the question and leave the "High0School stoner" philosophy at the door . . .
I'm merely restating my point is all. No need to get worked up . . . The CC is headquartered in Rome. Is that not correct?

Seriously, someone refers to the RCC, and it's like you go crazy on them. Just like you do with me, all this ranting and raving.

I'm guessing you know what they are talking about, what it is they mean, but enjoy the posturing. I'd be happy to be wrong! It's just my impression is all.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's called "Righteous Indignation."
You'll find out about that when you're being judged - as will ALL those who spin lies about Christ and His Church.

Don't say that nobody warned you . . .
I s'pose in this context your logic is akin to calling rape forced love and thereby justifying it in your own view!
Hmmmmm.....smoke and mirrors, sleight of hand and redefining the obvious/transparent/plain is the practice of 'business as usual' in any oppressive system.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I s'pose in this context your logic is akin to calling rape forced love and thereby justifying it in your own view!
Hmmmmm.....smoke and mirrors, sleight of hand and redefining the obvious/transparent/plain is the practice of 'business as usual' in any oppressive system.
The problem is that you guys are always making these absurd claims – yet you offer ZERO evidence – or even a single example.

No WONDER you’ve chosen to follow men instead of Christ’s Church . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm merely restating my point is all. No need to get worked up . . . The CC is headquartered in Rome. Is that not correct?

Seriously, someone refers to the RCC, and it's like you go crazy on them. Just like you do with me, all this ranting and raving.

I'm guessing you know what they are talking about, what it is they mean, but enjoy the posturing. I'd be happy to be wrong! It's just my impression is all.

Much love!
Because Christ deserves to be respected.
If you're going to make disparaging comments about something - at LEAST get the name right, Einstein.

To change the name of His Church, willy-nilly, illustrates TWO things:
a. Complete ignorance
b. Disrespect for the Lord.

Take your pick . . .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you're going to make disparaging comments about something - at LEAST get the name right, Einstein.

a. Complete ignorance

Take your pick . . .
You see, in your mind you conclude a. & b. yet in objective reality this is far from the truth......and herein is evidence (for which you are always asking) of the darkness within which you operate.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

a. Complete ignorance

Take your pick . . .
You guys made up that name. Call it CC or RCC or whatever, that was all made up by men. You actually divide the church contrary to 1 Corinthians 3, at the risk of being destroyed by God.

"I'm of Peter and you're not so you're not only worthy of my contempt but you are worthy of God's condemnation."

Peter isn't the "dividing line" of the church.

1 Corinthians 3:4-8 KJV
4) For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5) Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6) I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7) So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8) Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

Ephesians 2:19-22 KJV
19) Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20) And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21) In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22) In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 3:11 KJV
11) For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:16-18 KJV
16) Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17) If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
18) Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

1 Corinthians 3:21-23 KJV
21) Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
22) Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
23) And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

Don't say you haven't been warned!

Much love!