Very Impressed Popes Speech to Curia

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here's the evidence. Not an opinion.
Available at Amazon or your local larger bookstores. An Amber book.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then, perhaps you could explain YOUR position.
Why is it that none of you ignorant anti-Catholics EVER have any evidence - just opinions?
oh there's plenty of evidence BOL, it's just that you choose not to see it. Your preference in your evaluation process is to be selective.....selective in favour of your position to the point where blind spots are denied.

Anyway, the house of cards which the RCC has built and which you support,...... and that, claiming to be established on a rock when in fact it is on sand, will become evident to all at the appointed time.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the evidence. Not an opinion.
Available at Amazon or your local larger bookstores. An Amber book.
I've seen a THOUSAND youtube videos about the "evils" of the Catholic Church, which are easily debunkable, using a Bible and a History Book.

Why don't YOU summarize some of the whoopers on your videos so that I can address each one?
Posting videos instead of arguing your point is nothing more than an admission that you have run OUT if gas

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh there's plenty of evidence BOL, it's just that you choose not to see it. Your preference in your evaluation process is to be selective.....selective in favour of your position to the point where blind spots are denied.

Anyway, the house of cards which the RCC has built and which you support,...... and that, claiming to be established on a rock when in fact it is on sand, will become evident to all at the appointed time.
Just as I thought –
More denial accusations with ZERO evidence.

Another empty bag of HOT wind . . .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just as I thought –
More denial accusations with ZERO evidence.

Another empty bag of HOT wind . . .
just as I expected; blame the opposition with one's own crimes or ridicule them in a primitive attempt to take the heat off oneself. BOL, it's the oldest trick in the book....even Adam tried it when he got busted!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do Catholics go back centuries to dig up dirt and make books and videos of the corruption of the so called "reformers"? You would be hard pressed to find any. I can play your game too.

The moral deficiencies of the original Protestant so-called "reformers" were the MOTIVE, for their apostasy. It was not merely that they were sinners. They were sinners who apostatized BECAUSE of their sins.

If Henry VIII did not want to divorce his sacramentally married wife, marry his chippie mistress, steal Church lands and use the money to pay off his personal debts, England would still be Catholic. Henry VIII made himself 'head of the Church" in England. He had more mistresses than wives and he killed several of those. He used his 'religious authority' to ignore the teaching of Our Lord and Savior on divorce and serve his own lusts. he was also guilty of greed, egoism, cruelty, murder, extortion, and irreligion.

If Martin Luther did not suffer from severe bipolar manic-depressant illness with frank psychosis during his periods of mania, he would never have invented a purely formal definition of 'righteousness' that was evacuated of all moral content and inspired millions of others to settle for a sub-Christian notion of discipleship…
Luther lived with his paramour for 1 1/2 years before marrying her. He was complicit in the bigamy of Philip of Hess. He encouraged gangs of thugs to invade convents and rape the nuns therein.

If Zwingli the priest had not been a sex crazed rogue who seduced the young women in his congregation... and frequented prostitutes...

If Calvin had not been an egomaniac who had murderous intent towards anyone who disagreed with him and in fact executed many people under horrendous conditions. he treated the Genevans so badly that they through him out of town, but in the social chaos that ensued they invited him back so he could use his form of dictatorial repression to stabilize the social disaster the 'reform' had created. And there are the credible charges of his own private vices.

If Knox had not been part of the assassination team that murdered Cardinal Beaton...

- Cranmer was Henry's foil to destroy the Church. He had a secret wife in Germany while he pretended to be a celibate priest.

All in all they were total moral reprobates and hypocrites. Forgive me for not finding them worthy to challenge Historic Christianity, especially when their false doctrines were at the service of their personal vices.

The faults of the so-called "reformers" are central to their apostasy.

To turn around and complain that some Catholics may not have been nice is besides the point. No matter how mean some of them were, they stayed in the Church. Jesus said that he had come to save sinners, not righteous people. In light of that, claiming that Catholics were sinners therefore someone needed to found a new Church makes no sense! Sinners need to be in THE Church and no other.
This is a lie. Catholics don't deny their have been corrupt popes centuries ago. Demonizing someone's beliefs the way you do is not from the Holy Spirit.

If the CC was built on sand, it would have disappeared in the first century. We are still here, over a billion strong, in the face of constant resistance from the world. Mere human ingenuity cannot account for this.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Clearly, Christ entrusted the role of Apostle to weak, even at times wicked men, But does that fact somehow disqualify them from fulfilling the purpose for which He called them? Of course not. God’s grace is more powerful than man’s sin, and the same is true when it comes to the papacy.

Yes, there have been some wicked popes. Corruption, immorality, even murder, were sins committed by some bishops of Rome. But what does that prove, except that they, like the Apostles, were not always faithful to the graces God gave them? This is true of all of us, to one extent or another. The fact that there have been bad popes — and that’s a fact no Catholic disputes — does not disprove the doctrine of the papacy.

. . . The fact is, most of the popes have been good — even heroically good — men. They have been, on the whole, good examples of Christian virtue and perseverance in the apostolate. That fact is very easily forgotten by critics of the papacy.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just as I expected; blame the opposition with one's own crimes or ridicule them in a primitive attempt to take the heat off oneself. BOL, it's the oldest trick in the book....even Adam tried it when he got busted!
If providing PLENTY if Scriptural, historical and linguistic FACTS are what YOU falsely label as “crimes” – then I’m GUILYTY as charge.

All YOU’VE brought to the discussion is whining and denial - but not a SHRED of evidence.
The fact is that you can’t prove me wrong about anything - and that annoys you . . .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do Catholics go back centuries to dig up dirt and make books and videos of the corruption of the so called "reformers"? You would be hard pressed to find any. I can play your game too.

The moral deficiencies of the original Protestant so-called "reformers" were the MOTIVE, for their apostasy. It was not merely that they were sinners. They were sinners who apostatized BECAUSE of their sins.

If Henry VIII did not want to divorce his sacramentally married wife, marry his chippie mistress, steal Church lands and use the money to pay off his personal debts, England would still be Catholic. Henry VIII made himself 'head of the Church" in England. He had more mistresses than wives and he killed several of those. He used his 'religious authority' to ignore the teaching of Our Lord and Savior on divorce and serve his own lusts. he was also guilty of greed, egoism, cruelty, murder, extortion, and irreligion.

If Martin Luther did not suffer from severe bipolar manic-depressant illness with frank psychosis during his periods of mania, he would never have invented a purely formal definition of 'righteousness' that was evacuated of all moral content and inspired millions of others to settle for a sub-Christian notion of discipleship…
Luther lived with his paramour for 1 1/2 years before marrying her. He was complicit in the bigamy of Philip of Hess. He encouraged gangs of thugs to invade convents and rape the nuns therein.

If Zwingli the priest had not been a sex crazed rogue who seduced the young women in his congregation... and frequented prostitutes...

If Calvin had not been an egomaniac who had murderous intent towards anyone who disagreed with him and in fact executed many people under horrendous conditions. he treated the Genevans so badly that they through him out of town, but in the social chaos that ensued they invited him back so he could use his form of dictatorial repression to stabilize the social disaster the 'reform' had created. And there are the credible charges of his own private vices.

If Knox had not been part of the assassination team that murdered Cardinal Beaton...

- Cranmer was Henry's foil to destroy the Church. He had a secret wife in Germany while he pretended to be a celibate priest.

All in all they were total moral reprobates and hypocrites. Forgive me for not finding them worthy to challenge Historic Christianity, especially when their false doctrines were at the service of their personal vices.

The faults of the so-called "reformers" are central to their apostasy.

To turn around and complain that some Catholics may not have been nice is besides the point. No matter how mean some of them were, they stayed in the Church. Jesus said that he had come to save sinners, not righteous people. In light of that, claiming that Catholics were sinners therefore someone needed to found a new Church makes no sense! Sinners need to be in THE Church and no other.

This is a lie. Catholics don't deny their have been corrupt popes centuries ago. Demonizing someone's beliefs the way you do is not from the Holy Spirit.

If the CC was built on sand, it would have disappeared in the first century. We are still here, over a billion strong, in the face of constant resistance from the world. Mere human ingenuity cannot account for this.
oh dear.....error in others does not justify error in oneself......and regards the strength of numbers and the time period the RCC has been around, there are other movements (eg Islam, Hinduism etc) which likewise can quote time and numbers......does this justify them?

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If providing PLENTY if Scriptural, historical and linguistic FACTS are what YOU falsely label as “crimes” – then I’m GUILYTY as charge.

All YOU’VE brought to the discussion is whining and denial - but not a SHRED of evidence.
The fact is that you can’t prove me wrong about anything - and that annoys you . . .
lol....you want me to be annoyed BOL? Nahhhhh, that's just your projection.
Denial doesn't care for evidence so why present it? I've seen how you deal with evidence; you scrap it!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol....you want me to be annoyed BOL? Nahhhhh, that's just your projection.
Denial doesn't care for evidence so why present it? I've seen how you deal with evidence; you scrap it!
I present evidence to end the argument. It’s also fun to expose the liars that way.

99% of what I post on this forum is NOT for the person I’m debating because they arguments are usually based on ignorance, hatred and good old-fashion stupidity.

I post for those people REAFING the posts and looking for answers . . .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I present evidence to end the argument. It’s also fun to expose the liars that way.

99% of what I post on this forum is NOT for the person I’m debating because they arguments are usually based on ignorance, hatred and good old-fashion stupidity.

I post for those people REAFING the posts and looking for answers . . .
so you see yourself as a herald of indisputable truth?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh dear.....error in others does not justify error in oneself......and regards the strength of numbers and the time period the RCC has been around, there are other movements (eg Islam, Hinduism etc) which likewise can quote time and numbers......does this justify them?
Ummm, what is "RCC"??

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
oh dear.....error in others does not justify error in oneself......
That's a stupid comeback, because the bad pope argument is made by hypocrites who claim the reformers were godly men, when in fact they were amoral apostates, and not once have I justified the bad behavior of popes centuries ago, which I have repeatedly admitted. You are being phony.
and regards the strength of numbers and the time period the RCC has been around, there are other movements (eg Islam, Hinduism etc) which likewise can quote time and numbers......does this justify them?
You are derailing with other movements that has nothing to do with the discussion. Time and numbers don't justify anything; I never said they did. The fact is our whole culture is opposed to CC teachings, and you are dumb enough to think the CC is what it is out of mere human effort and God has nothing to do with preserving its consistent teachings down through every age. The CC is indestructible and we can't even destroy it ourselves with bad popes.

Your 200 year old made-in-America club would have more credibility if it weren't so obsessed with absurd Catholic bashing.

Last edited: