Views on Wicker

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Firm Faith

Apr 25, 2008
I just wanted to know everyones view on wicker ("White magic") i, personally, believe its very wrong but i do believe it exists. Apologies if this offends anyone. It makes no sense to believe in a God and miracles and an antichrist who can make false miracles happen but not Wicker. My Nan has been subject to wicker curses and has even broken into their trances so i firmly believe it is real, just want to see everyones views on it, and maybe post a few Bible teachings on it
smile.gif
thanks.Firm Faith.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
What power does Satan use to cause boils to break out on Jobs body or for his children to die? White Magic as all forms of magic has it's roots in Satan.The black arts which people use instead of having faith in God and his power.The Truth and Spirit is what we as believers must abide in. Trusting God to provide all our needs.
smile.gif
Isaiah 47:10-15 (King James Version) 10.For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me. 11.Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth: and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know. 12.Stand now with thine enchantments, and with the multitude of thy sorceries, wherein thou hast laboured from thy youth; if so be thou shalt be able to profit, if so be thou mayest prevail. 13.Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee. 14.Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it. 15.Thus shall they be unto thee with whom thou hast laboured, even thy merchants, from thy youth: they shall wander every one to his quarter; none shall save thee.

Firm Faith

Apr 25, 2008
I should have added in my first post also, has anyone (who wishes to say) been subject to, i'm slightly weary of which word to use at the moment so i shall use Magic, has anyone ben subject to Magic and wishes to describe it. If not i am not forcing anybody of course, it is a touchy subject.Thank you very much Faithful
smile.gif
it seems trusting in God is the best option, which i do anyway, sometimes you can really feel the holy spirit.Firm Faith

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
There is no such thing as white or black magic the person may think its white and OK but its lie It all from Satan and will get you. Its like a little bit of Idol worship there is no such thing. It all of Satan and will appear harmless at first to suck you in.Stay away from Worshiping the devil even it uses another name like mother earth or nature. You are to worship God not the earthEvil often masqurades as good

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
I have been attacked, cursed, ridiculed, condemned, by many claiming the be witches or wicca before I bacame a Christian as well as after and I have triunpt over them all. You just need to have stronger will power than they do as well as less fear. It also helps if you can kick the snot out of them as well.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(kriss;47052)
There is no such thing as white or black magic the person may think its white and OK but its lie It all from Satan and will get you. Its like a little bit of Idol worship or there is no such thing It all of Satan and will appear harmless at first to suck you in.Stay away from Worshiping the devil even it uses another name like mother earth or nature. You are to worship God not the earthEvil often masqurades as good
Don't forget Pharaoh's sorcerers that imitated what Moses did with the staff.

Firm Faith

Apr 25, 2008
Thanks for everyones answers
smile.gif
of course im not meaning to offend anyone, im just interested in everyones views, and if anyone doesnt believe it exists.Firm Faith.

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
(Firm Faith;47055)
Thanks for everyones answers
smile.gif
of course im not meaning to offend anyone, im just interested in everyones views, and if anyone doesnt believe it exists.Firm Faith.
OH It exists but we must be vigelent and fight against it with what ever is neccesary.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bear in mind that satan is a spritual being and was one of God's top three angels before he was kicked out of heaven. The bible despcribes him as being 'beautiful' before his demise.I had a visit from him one night as I was sleeping. I woke up and he was standing at the end of my bed. Our bedroom was very dark but he was blacker than black. He was angry with me because I had started a ministry to help people out of homosexuality. This is one of his strongholds and he didn't take kindly to my interference in his kingdom. He came and stood beside me, drew a knife and tried to stab me. As his arm came down I spoke out the name of Jesus and he immediately left. On another occasion I was working amongst the drug addicts and prostitutes of St. Kilda one night and came across a so called 'white witch' who tried to convince me what he did was good. I told him he was serving satan and would pay the penalty. A bit later I was subjected to an unprovoked physical attack by an unkown person.Satan's kingdom is as real as the hand in front of your face. We are called to fight his power and influence and God has equipped us with supernatural prayer and the power of the holy spirit to do so. If we try to do it any other way, satan will always defeat us because no one has greater power than him except God himself and the believer who is spirit filled and submitted to God.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
My position on spells and whatnot is found in the bible:Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob, neither is there any divination against Israel: according to this time it shall be said of Jacob and of Israel, What hath God wrought! Behold, the people shall rise up as a great lion, and lift up himself as a young lion: he shall not lie down until he eat of the prey, and drink the blood of the slain. (Numbers 23:23-24)Someone would have more success pushing a car up the hill with a wet noodle than having any luck cursing me. Not to mention they may become lion meat.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(RaddSpencer;47459)
Nah man,Wicker furniture is cheap and of the devil XD.
My dad actually used to restore old wicker chairs. We have about 15 antique chairs done by him. However, he's getting older now and he cannot see right from a stroke so he gave that up.

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(tim_from_pa;47489)
My dad actually used to restore old wicker chairs. We have about 15 antique chairs done by him. However, he's getting older now and he cannot see right from a stroke so he gave that up.
My parents had (I said HAD) wicker furniture. My sister and I destroyed every piece when we were kids (and I mean DESTROYED)!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(RaddSpencer;47490)
My parents had (I said HAD) wicker furniture. My sister and I destroyed every piece when we were kids (and I mean DESTROYED)!
Well, I guess this thread got hijacked about wicker chairs, but it is an interesting enough subject. Yeah, I know what you mean by destroy. They aren't tough in that sense. They are meant to seat a soft behind and they cannot tolerate anything sharp like a kid's shoe while jumping on them as they will tear and crack. People who do not know anything about caning but want to keep the chairs often pull the stuff out and then nail a piece of painted plywood to the seat. Those were the types of chairs my dad used to buy at yard sales and then restore. On some occasions, he'd go back later and show them pictures of the restored chairs. People could hardly believe that their old chairs ended up looking so nice.