Visions, Dreams, and hearing the Lord about them

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really sure what you're getting at so I'm curious. Do you have some different discernment? Or are you the type that doesn't believe prophecy and revelation still exist? I've ran into a lot of people that claim that prophecy and revelation ended in the bible.

I don't see how you could misunderstand my initial question. It is true that prophecy and revelation ( defined as literal scripture and actual Word of God) is over but there are still individual prophetic and revelatory events as God sees fit.

We are commanded to discern then vigorously to see the origin.

I asked what did you do to "prove" that the vision you claim was from the Lord.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see how you could misunderstand my initial question. It is true that prophecy and revelation ( defined as literal scripture and actual Word of God) is over but there are still individual prophetic and revelatory events as God sees fit.

We are commanded to discern then vigorously to see the origin.

I asked what did you do to "prove" that the vision you claim was from the Lord.
It came with the fruits of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) The Holy Spirit filled me with peace.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Karl Peters & @Angelina I had Pterodactyls revealed to me once in 2016 from an Angel of the Lord. It was a featherless bird attacking me and the hand of man stayed it. The Angel said it was like a Pterodactyl. I never really understood the revelation and just ignored it. But I think now I understand. The COVID-19 virus originated in bats (a fatherless bird resembling a small Pterodactyl).

Coronavirus: Bat scientists find new evidence
WHO, China Report Suggests COVID-19 Passed From Bats to Humans Through Another Animal

The above is a testimony about the "Angel of the Lord", which is the Spirit of God giving an explanation about the dream - that is what we want. The Holy Spirit does not speak on His own but He brings us the words of God which belong to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Now there have been question about discernment, and I wrote about that above. We do want to test the spirits - and I pointed out that 1 Jn 4:1-3 tells you how to do that. I also referenced 1 Cor 12:3 which a number of people I know prefer to use as a test. I use both. Also I pointed out Heb 5 the last part of the Chapter which covers the importance of practicing using you spiritual senses and how that practice seek the voice of the Lord and hearing from Him helps us discern between good from evil. I pointed out some more also, but some just thought I wrote too much; so they didn't really consider it. The real point of testimonies is to get them to seek the Lord Jesus Christ, who send the Holy Spirit, for answers concerning all the thoughts we get - thus including dreams and vision.

Of course Jesus explained that those born again hear the sound of the wind and give testimonies, but that others would not accept our testimonies. Perhaps you can find examples of that right here on this thread?

Jn 3:11 “Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

Anyway, I have been providing testimonies, and I appreciate testimony that devin5533344 posted. Others don't have to accept it and can even scoff at it, but where does that put them. They don't need to ask us whether it is from God if they can talk to Him for themselves! So why are they asking me about discernment? I gave them answers but the obvious answer is that they need to seek Jesus Christ for themselves and listen to Him. The Holy Spirit (The Angel of the Lord) will start explaining it all to them, but only if they seek Him.

Have we not also read that discernment of spirits if a gift of the Spirit. He will gift you with understanding on this issue if you seek Him and listen. -- And that is basically what all the testimonies I have given have been about --- seeking the Lord and listening to Him.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The above is a testimony about the "Angel of the Lord", which is the Spirit of God giving an explanation about the dream - that is what we want. The Holy Spirit does not speak on His own but He brings us the words of God which belong to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Now there have been question about discernment, and I wrote about that above. We do want to test the spirits - and I pointed out that 1 Jn 4:1-3 tells you how to do that. I also referenced 1 Cor 12:3 which a number of people I know prefer to use as a test. I use both. Also I pointed out Heb 5 the last part of the Chapter which covers the importance of practicing using you spiritual senses and how that practice seek the voice of the Lord and hearing from Him helps us discern between good from evil. I pointed out some more also, but some just thought I wrote too much; so they didn't really consider it. The real point of testimonies is to get them to seek the Lord Jesus Christ, who send the Holy Spirit, for answers concerning all the thoughts we get - thus including dreams and vision.

Of course Jesus explained that those born again hear the sound of the wind and give testimonies, but that others would not accept our testimonies. Perhaps you can find examples of that right here on this thread?

Jn 3:11 “Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

Anyway, I have been providing testimonies, and I appreciate testimony that devin5533344 posted. Others don't have to accept it and can even scoff at it, but where does that put them. They don't need to ask us whether it is from God if they can talk to Him for themselves! So why are they asking me about discernment? I gave them answers but the obvious answer is that they need to seek Jesus Christ for themselves and listen to Him. The Holy Spirit (The Angel of the Lord) will start explaining it all to them, but only if they seek Him.

Have we not also read that discernment of spirits if a gift of the Spirit. He will gift you with understanding on this issue if you seek Him and listen. -- And that is basically what all the testimonies I have given have been about --- seeking the Lord and listening to Him.
There is one other way I know if it is from God, that is the fruits of the Holy Spirit manifest it (Galatians 5:22-25)

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one other way I know if it is from God, that is the fruits of the Holy Spirit manifest it (Galatians 5:22-25)

Yes - but if we are actually talking about spirits - and not people- then it requires using your spiritual ears.

The fruit of the spirit as in - ' you will know them by their fruit' is really a test for people not spirits., and it has to be taken in a more general way because Paul wrote that he did the things he did not want.

Too often I see Christian wanting to accuse and make judgements about other people, when our battle is not with flesh and blood but powers and principalities. There is of course some need to make judgements concerning people, but that is not so much discernment of spirits. And let us remember that Satan is the accuser of the Saints, so the very fact that we are looking to accuse others maybe a sign that we have a spirit that needs to be dealt with.

Anyway, further discussion on this is better served in another section of this forum.