Visited By The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He was instrumental in my sons journey to faith last year. I don’t think Peterson had become a Christian when my son started to listen to his podcasts, not sure of the timing, but he enabled my son to hear the word of God without directly seeking it out.…….

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know, his description didn't fit with what I know of the Holy Spirit entirely. But sounded close. I have had visitations by the Holy Spirit and always what I have felt is an intense love and peace and sometimes joy, and I felt like I couldn't sin and all pain and turmoil left my soul and it was heavenly measure of the spirit. So in a sense that was paradise for me. But just to say you felt paradise doesn't convince me that he was visited by God. I guess it depends on your definition of paradise.

It was clearly a moving experience for him and confirmed his belief in God. But he said a force came down on him. And from what I know of Satan, that leaves me speculating as to who he communed with.

So in conclusion, his testimony didn't improve my faith, but it didn't take away from it either. Cheers!

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know, his description didn't fit with what I know of the Holy Spirit entirely. But sounded close. I have had visitations by the Holy Spirit and always what I have felt is an intense love and peace and sometimes joy, and I felt like I couldn't sin and all pain and turmoil left my soul and it was heavenly measure of the spirit. So in a sense that was paradise for me. But just to say you felt paradise doesn't convince me that he was visited by God. I guess it depends on your definition of paradise.

It was clearly a moving experience for him and confirmed his belief in God. But he said a force came down on him. And from what I know of Satan, that leaves me speculating as to who he communed with.

So in conclusion, his testimony didn't improve my faith, but it didn't take away from it either. Cheers!
I believe that The Holy Spirit can move in so many Different ways within the lives of Gods people , and I have heard many testimonies that vary. It’s clear that he is struggling to put into words what he experienced. Like John In Revelation ,he chooses words that best describe what happened.
Different words mean different things to all of us xx
Rita

Reactions: amadeus

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that The Holy Spirit can move in so many Different ways within the lives of Gods people , and I have heard many testimonies that vary. It’s clear that he is struggling to put into words what he experienced. Like John In Revelation ,he chooses words that best describe what happened.
Different words mean different things to all of us xx
Rita
Yes I couldn't seem to relate his experience to God except for the fact that he mentioned paradise. So he is invited to stay in paradise as a transfigured form, but wasn't willing and the visiting spirit was sad. I guess I was a little shaken by his lack of faith in God for that to be a possibility. He was wishy-washy in his testimony. So I'm going to remain skeptical.

I know that very thing was offered to the Enoch because he pleased God:

Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, “and was not found, because God had taken him”; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jordon Peterson has quite an interesting journey. I guess because I watched some of his podcast I saw how God gradually moved him. Like my son, he came under the influence of the word of God to the point where it started to become real to him.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was clearly a moving experience for him and confirmed his belief in God.
A remarkable quote from the video is Jordan confessed that he was shocked to realize what he believed.

This brilliant man was so head smart that it took a while for him to get passed his mind to discover what laid in his heart of hearts.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A remarkable quote from the video is Jordan confessed that he was shocked to realize what he believed.

This brilliant man was so head smart that it took a while for him to get passed his mind to discover what laid in his heart of hearts.

"There's no limit to what would happen if you acted like God existed."