Vote

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
I have been following the latest in the string of unending tragedies, namely the Benghazi attack and the slaughter of four Americans, Government Officials. I have tracked this from the first reporting of it. The man, Barrak Obama, stated, the day following the murders, that it was a spontaneous demonstration, spawning a spontaneous attack.

Today, my question has been answered, “Why was there not a Predator orbiting and streaming live feed?” Today it has been discovered that a Predator was on site, was streaming Live Feed back to the US and the Supreme Commander, Barry, had access to that feed. The fact that he has played Political Football with this and has repeatedly and is still lying about this is, to be kind, without merit!

It has also been confirmed now that there were requests from the Ambassador for a Safe Level of security in Libya but instead, security was reduced. In addition to the major, personal, security team being withdrawn, in the, direct, face of the murder of the British Ambassador. If we then add in the reported fact that the Boots, Marines or Army, that would have prevented the murder of these four Americans were about an hour from the event and the event was a, known, seven hour attack, this observer can only conclude that something smells in the White House.

I have sought to avoid a knee-jerk reaction post and have waited to post this until there was reasonable evidence. I pray that you will Prayerfully Vote and vote to honor God.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sure you voted for Bush W twice, right?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I am sure you voted for Bush W twice, right?

-- Yet another post from the man who said earlier on this board that he was all through with politics.

Mr. Obama, while running for President the first time, said that the drone attacks were "illegal, Unconstitutional, and violated International Law."
Once he took office though he actually expanded the drone attack program, now using the program to press his foreign policy credentials.

Taylor, the administration screwed up on the Bengazi attack and compounded it by their obfuscation and dishonesty.

As far as voting, I encourage people to vote their heart. If you agree with Obama, vote Obama. If you agree with Romney, vote Romney.

But the key is that you actually vote.

If you do not vote, then you have voided your right to be taken seriously when you complain about the political situation in the future.

Elle

Sep 27, 2012
The way I see it, is it does not matter, left/right, liberal/conservative, Democrat/Republican, they are both 2 sides of the same evil coin. I all ready placed my vote, I vote for YHWH. What will be, will be, there is nothing new under the sun.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, much of what we expect from the President is simply not possible - all of them promise the world and accuse each other of not providing it. In reality, both are applying for the same, limited position and would probably be forced to make similar choices if faced with the same circumstances.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Unfortunately, much of what we expect from the President is simply not possible...

-- Guess he shouldn't have promised it, then.
Obama promised to cut the Deficit in half during his first term. (Not the yearly debt but the actual Deficit itself.)
And it wasn't a campaign promise. He was in the 2nd month of his Presidency when he made that promise.
He said that the $4.9 Trillion Bush added to the Deficit over eight years was "inexcusable" and "unpatriotic."
Obama then went on to add $5.1 Trillion in just over three years.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then maybe it's time you got into the 21st Century then???

Or for you to take the time to discover the meaning of my post, rather than taking cheap shots, based on a concrete interpretation, perhaps?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Sorry I am still busy reading George H Bush's lips........

-- Allow me to enlighten you. It is obviously necessary.
Bush made that promise and worked like crazy to keep it (unlike Obama and his in-office Deficit promise).
The economy worsened but he kept his promise.
The Dems lobbied against him and his promise, yet he continued to keep it (even as it became less and less popular with the American people)
Finally Dems appealed to Bush "on a bipartisan" basis stating that "it was no time to play politics" and stressing over and over again that it was no longer a political issue
Bush agreed and approved a tax increase.
The Dems immediately savaged him for flip-flopping and being unable to keep his campaign promise and made that a central issue when he ran for his second term.

Translation: Bush worked to keep his promise instead of rejecting it once he took office. It was the Dems that demanded he not keep his promise.

When you compare that to Obama who made the "cut the Deficit in half during my first term" promise two months into his first term you see that your comparison is apples to oranges.
Especially when you consider that Obama had his own party controlling the House and Senate during his first term, and Bush did not.
(Or did I miss the part where Republicans urged Obama to add Trillions to the Deficit.)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
whoa....what's it like in that fantasy world of one, Foreigner? Where the Republicans can do no wrong unless they are ambushed by those nasty Dems.....lol. I really thought you had more political sense then your post has revealed.....hopefully you are just having a blindly partisan night.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
It would appear that the two things necessary here - knowledge of actual history and the concept of 'compare and contrast' - are completely lost on you.

Bush made a promise while running for office and actually worked to keep it. Democrats pushed for him to BREAK that promise and under pressure to, he eventually did.

Obama made a promise while a sitting president and then immediately ignored it and did just the opposite. Republicans actually pushed to have him KEEP his promise.

(Or does your history show Republicans calling on Obama to add TRILLIONS to the Deficit?)

Sorry, but facts will trump your concept of reality every time.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise is a promise - as you said in an earlier post, 'perhaps he should not have made that promise.'

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
A promise is a promise - as you said in an earlier post, 'perhaps he should not have made that promise.'

-- You still fail to grasp the difference between fighting hard to keep a promise you made and not even trying to keep a promise you made.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Don't forget 4nr, to many it's not the outcomes that matter, it's the intention that is signifigant.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Other people know that the outcome is based on the work of the Holy Spirit.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You doubt the power of the Holy Spirit, Foreigner? It seems to be a common problem on this board - I with pray for God to strengthen your faith.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
-- LOL Aspen, quit being so obtuse and learn how God works. Your arrogance blinds you.
Sometimes God directly intervenes and sometimes He just stands back and allows things to happen. In either case, it is His choice - His will.
Such as when He has allowed sinners to be given over to their sins:

"So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices." - Palm 81:12

"Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done." - Romans 1:24-28

If you are actually going to pray to God, you should perhaps take some of that time to ask God to increase your own understanding.