Wake up call - What hell is like

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(E Nomine;15552)
How very Mormon this conversation has become.
There are quakers on the moon :mad:.

KarlaElisa

Jul 23, 2007
My church recently did a series on 'What Happens When You Die?They explored that hell will possibly be what you fear most, being denied what you want most, eternal separation from God.That's good enough for me.So many questions we have simply will not be answered this side of eternity. Faith is all we need for now.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(KarlaElisa;15600)
My church recently did a series on 'What Happens When You Die?They explored that hell will possibly be what you fear most, being denied what you want most, eternal separation from God.That's good enough for me.So many questions we have simply will not be answered this side of eternity. Faith is all we need for now.
excellent insight. amen:)

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
(kriss;15550)
......I think the judged will have an opportunity to learn and repent, if they, by their own free will still choose not to follow God. Then they may be sent to the second death
I don't understand..Suppose God did give a 'second chance' to repent, who in their right mind would say - "No, I still won't repent, send me to hell"?That's why I don't go along with any 'second chance' idea, it's just not logical.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(kriss;15550)
Anyone that God chooses to judge to death. I think the judged will have an opportunity to learn and repent, if they, by their own free will still choose not to follow God. Then they may be sent to the second death
I'm sorry Kriss. But that would make God unjust. Once Christ comes to the earth to claim his bride. The gates of God's mercy will close shut. So it is important to repent now. And stay right in God's eyes because with the way things are going today, God may come in any minute.What judge will say. "Sure you've committed a murder. But I'll go ahead and let you go."And besides. If God gave people that "second chance", wouldn't Satan take advantage of it and repent?

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
Salvation is ment for man, not angels.
wink.gif

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(E Nomine;15654)
Salvation is ment for man, not angels.
wink.gif

Salvation is eternal life. Adam and Eve were supposed to have eternal life if they did not sin against God. they were living on paradise earth. They were not living on heaven. By getting salvation we will have eternal life just like Adam and Eve had. Jesus is giving us eternal life back to us if we accept Him and follow Him.love, hitomi:)

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(Faithful1;15655)
Salvation is eternal life. Adam and Eve were supposed to have eternal life if they did not sin against God. they were living on paradise earth. They were not living on heaven. By getting salvation we will have eternal life just like Adam and Eve had. Jesus is giving us eternal life back to us if we accept Him and follow Him.love, hitomi:)
Adam and Eve did not have eternal life; they would have, had they eaten of the tree of life. Eternal life means that one has the very life that God has, which not even the angels has. Angels are immortal, but they do not have eternal life. Eternal life is uncreated life, a life that has always existed, this is what we will and even now have and which Adam and Eve was offered in the Garden of Eden.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(verzanumi24;15671)
Adam and Eve did not have eternal life; they would have, had they eaten of the tree of life. Eternal life means that one has the very life that God has, which not even the angels has. Angels are immortal, but they do not have eternal life. Eternal life is uncreated life, a life that has always existed, this is what we will and even now have and which Adam and Eve was offered in the Garden of Eden.
Thank you V24 for your information. there are many interpretations and confusions. We just have to do our best to decide which one is going along with the whole context of God's love. Yours doesn't seem not so bad and is going along with the whole context too.love, hitomi

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(lastsecman;15678)
Thankyou Wakka, you have made me decide to turn to God fully.'Make your election sure...', what better way than working for God with singleness of heart?
You become christian because you are afraid of hell and not because you love God and Jesus?:eek:love, hitomi

Jul 17, 2007
Well, heres how I see it, and I could take your position and agrue it also. For one, these things aren't easily argued and must be thought out logically in every sense possible, since the Bible doesn't outright tell us, and we have to guess somewhat at it, because we will never truly know till we die physically.These are the problems I see with your argument.1). Jesus told the rich man's son, if you call me good and wise, you might as call me God. So he's implying the distance between Jesus and the Rich man's son is just as infinite as the distance between Jesus and God. Because he is only good and wise and was doing the one who sent him's, will.2). If The Angels (Gap Theory or Not) didn't become mortal, because they passed the 1st great test, which was not believing Satan the 1st time in his fall known as the Katabole, then here Man or (better named specifically to the line of man who the messiah would come through) ADAM was given a 2nd chance (might-not -be--liable-to-die) speaking. Had he not partaken of the "Fig Tree". He would still be in his same state, per say.3). The Angels, who aren't perfect like God (Cause No One Is) and didn't follow Satan in the Noahic Nephillium assault have been living with his reproach for a very long time. Whereas Man fell with Satan to earth, so to speak, being innocent in that he was deceived. But guilty for not obeying.4). Only One can be God, we can be sons and heir to the promise through Christ in part. Or even through the Abrahamic promise to the Children of Israel , whose promises he won't forsake. This also takes in a thorough understanding of Revelation, which I can't go into. The Book of revelation is to the Jew and the House of Israel and the promises he made to them. Just check Bullingers Commentary on Revelation to see. (It's 350 pages plus long though.)5). Refering to objection 1, There are angels who, are as near to perfect as you can get, (not just in faith, but in works). The four creatures, Michael, (some say Christ spiritually) and other archangels, (the highest of angels) like Satan were perfect from the day they were created until ... So also 6th Day MAN or 8th Day Ha'dam is a creature himself.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Faithful1;15679)
You become christian because you are afraid of hell and not because you love God and Jesus?:eek:love, hitomi
No. It made him think twice before doing sin. Same thing happened to me.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(Wakka;15688)
No. It made him think twice before doing sin. Same thing happened to me.
Something is very, very wrong about this mentality wakka.love, hitomi

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
No. I had the mentality that sin is stupid after I listened to it. Now that's all I see sin as. Stupid. And I don't know why I have ever done it.

Garry T

Jul 27, 2007
One great thing about being Christians is, when we disagree, all we have to do is go to God's word. He has the answer! Rev.20:14-15."Lake of Fire" pretty well tells the story. Those who reject God will burn forever.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
Reverence for the LORD is the first step to wisdom (proverbs)The second death is where after judgement Revelation 20:13-15 (King James Version) 13.And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14.And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15.And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.Revelation 20:7-10.7.And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8.And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9.And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10.And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. The lake of fire is clearly the second death. The first death is the physical then unto judgement but the soul is what is next and we know the soul is classed as dead when seperated from God by sin. When these are cast into the lake their spiritual death will be for eternity.Christ said, "Do not fear those who kill the body but rather fear God. Who when the body is dead has the power to cast the soul into hell.Hell goes into the Lake of fire.Hell is real as the Lake of Fire.
smile.gif
:angel9:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Wakka;15620)
I'm sorry Kriss. But that would make God unjust. Once Christ comes to the earth to claim his bride. The gates of God's mercy will close shut. So it is important to repent now. And stay right in God's eyes because with the way things are going today, God may come in any minute.What judge will say. "Sure you've committed a murder. But I'll go ahead and let you go."And besides. If God gave people that "second chance", wouldn't Satan take advantage of it and repent?
I was talking about an eternal hell there is no eternal Hell. I am referring to after Christ comes the second time. Those that follow Antichrist are in danger of dieing the second death.(death of your soul)those who may have died before that perhaps they stole an apple and did not repent or did not hear the truth of his word will be given a chance.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(Faithful1;15676)
Thank you V24 for your information. there are many interpretations and confusions. We just have to do our best to decide which one is going along with the whole context of God's love. Yours doesn't seem not so bad and is going along with the whole context too.love, hitomi
May I offer a fews tip that would go a long way in helping to avoid confusion? Make certain that what is said can be supported by scripture, and understand that in most cases, the Bible has it's own interpretations, it just take some study to find it, because the interpretation/answer might be in another chapter or book. Also, use a Bible concordance with the Greek and Hebrew translations….WordSearch 7 is a very good computer Bible software, which I use myself.