Walking in the Spirit and Abiding in Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we walk by faith not by sight so yes our faith helps us in walking awareness of what the Holy spirit wants us to do

More like what the Lord Jesus Christ wants us to do in according to the Father's will thru the Holy Spirit in us.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More like what the Lord Jesus Christ wants us to do in according to the Father's will thru the Holy Spirit in us.
there is no need walking in the spirit if not willing to do it although there are times we fail to and where the quenching of the spirit comes in. james said to be a doer of the word not just a hearer only . the only difference is a word what the Holy spirit wants us to do vs what the Lord Jesus Christ wants us to do in according to the Father's will thru the Holy Spirit in us. you just added more to it. i read this devotion by David Jeremiah found this very helpful
The English word "procrastinate" comes from a Latin word made of two parts: pro ("forward") and crastinus ("belonging to tomorrow"). When we procrastinate, we move forward to tomorrow something that should be done today. Procrastination gives the illusion of neutrality. For instance, if we put off making a decision, it is easy to think we have said neither "Yes" nor "No" -- that we have remained neutral. In reality, however, the failure to say "Yes" means, by default, that we have said "No." We have remained in our original negative state by a failure to say "Yes" and move to a positive state.

When people put off making a decision about Christ -- or about moving forward to a deeper level of spiritual maturity -- they have not remained neutral. The failure to say "Yes" to Christ is the same as saying "No." Why? Because we are born into this world saying "No" to God (Romans 3:23; 5:12). We remain condemned by sin until the day we say "Yes" to Christ.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
said no apostolic community ever...

They would be in error.

Paul was talking about the tradition...

hmmm... which do you think is more likely to know what tradition Paul is talking about... the communities founded by the apostles who received these things from the apostles, or Enow circa 2020 AD?

But you, remain faithful to what you have learned and believed, because you know from whom you learned it,

How simple it would be to give the Jews what they had asked for and even His disciples by holding communion, but He did not

Did He not?

'This is my body, take and eat'
'This cup is the new covenant in my blood, drink it all of you'

Yes truly simple. All it takes is faith!

Peace be with you!

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmmm... which do you think is more likely to know what tradition Paul is talking about... the communities founded by the apostles who received these things from the apostles, or Enow circa 2020 AD?

But you, remain faithful to what you have learned and believed, because you know from whom you learned it,

There are many reproofs that can be found in the Bible that was applied to what Paul was talking about. If you bothered to read the second chapter of 2 Thessalonians , then you would know how it led into the third chapter in talking about those that fell away from the faith.

Did He not?

'This is my body, take and eat'
'This cup is the new covenant in my blood, drink it all of you'

Yes truly simple. All it takes is faith!

Peace be with you!

I was talking about the event and His words in John 6th chapter where He was not talking about communion but how to receive the bread of life which is by believing in Him. He held communion with His disciple before His crucifixion so why not provide bread for the Jews that had asked for that bread of life? Because that was not what He was talking about. But only the Lord can help you see that when you read that again without the bifocals of Roman Catholicism.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Walking by the Spirit means walking and living in obedience to the voice and guidance of the Holy Spirit who indwells every believer. Under the Mosaic Law, the Jews lived by the Law. But as Christians, we have something infinitely better. We have God Himself living in us, empowering and directing us in our everyday lives--24/7/365....
Christians are still under law; in fact obeying laws is how we abide in Chirst:

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” (John 14:15)

”For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments” (1John 5:3)

“If you keep my commandments you will abide in my love” (John 15:9)

“All who keep His commandments abide in Him, and He in them.” (1John 3:24)

“If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers, and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned … (John 15:6)

”He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who DOES NOT OBEY the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God rests upon him.” John 3:36

“He who through faith IS RIGHTEOUS shall live.” Romans 1:17

James 2:24 says "a man is justified by works and not by faith alone" - "works" is simply keeping His commandments.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
There are many thousands of atheists living in the world who were once baptized believers - are they saved? Any verse that APPEARS to say we are saved by faith alone is contradicted by verses that say we NOT saved by faith alone.

James 2:24 says "a man is justified by works and not by faith alone". What are these "works" that are necessary for salvation?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers, and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned … (John 15:6)

”He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who DOES NOT OBEY the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God rests upon him.” John 3:36

James 2:24 says "a man is justified by works and not by faith alone" - "works" is simply keeping His commandments.

Hi, Roger DC. I see that you're new here. Welcome to CB!

Which law are you talking about, what's called the Mosaic Law? If so, which of the laws listed in Exodus and Leviticus are you under?Which ones do you keep? I'm interested in specifics here.

James 2:24 is NOT talking about works of the Mosaic Law. It's talking about works of faith. IOW, works (deeds) that result from our faith in Jesus Christ.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Keep it in context.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The commandments He is talking about cannot be everything He taught for then we would never receive the Holy Spirit in this life. The commandments He is talking about has to do with salvation and since it is that important, we need to see what those commandments are for He would have plainly said so. Let us read back before verse 15 to find those commandments.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me....6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.....10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

So it is by believing in Him was the repeated commandment and thus commandments for how anyone receives the promise of the forever indwelling Holy Ghost.

1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

The commandments Jesus is talking about here is how we are His disciples by abiding in His words. That is not about salvation.

Luke 12:40-49 cites those cut off are facing the fire coming on the earth and yet still called His servants for how they shall receive stripes for the measure of knowledge for not being ready.

And 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 shows how God will judge what we build on that foundation by fire. Those who do not depart from iniquity will be left behind to face the fire coming on the earth where they will incur a physical death as per 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 either by that fire that shall destroy one third of the earth or during the great tribulation when there is a war on the saints, BUT their spirits are still saved ( 1 Corinthians 3:15 ).

So the race to run in being His disciple is not about salvation but about being saved from the calamity of fire that is coming on the earth.

That goes to when God will judge His House first at the pre great tribulation rapture event; 1 Peter 4:17-19 KJV We can trust Jesus as the faithful Creator in the keeping of the souls of those saints left behind to suffer the calamity of fire and the coming great tribulation as a result of that fire.

Romans 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

So it is unrighteous to believe you are not saved by simply believing in Him. That is the truth known to men of what the gospel is all about.

James was talking about how the church was abusing the poor by how the church would give a closing benediction to the departing poor by citing the Church's faith in God's Providence just so the Church would get out of helping the poor. It was this kind of faith which was the faith in God's Providence that James was rebuking that the Church should lead by example by to the poor. It was in the eyes of the poor was why the Church's faith in God's Providence was dead and thus the Church's faith in God's Providence did not "profit" the poor nor save them from the elements or starvation. That is why James said basically that if the church should voice faith in God's Providence to the poor, they should lead by example by meeting the immediate needs of the poor from the bounty collected during church service. It is the faith in God's Providence that requires an example; hence works to show that faith in God's Providence to the poor. James cited the story about Abraham and Isaac as proof that he was referring to that kind of faith about God providing, rather than the faith in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Paul clarifies that in his epistle to Rome about how Abraham was righteous.

Romans 4:What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. 6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

So salvation without works by believing in Him is why believers are righteous like Abraham was.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

A gift of God is how we are saved by faith alone. Now reconciled, we can look to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin in living that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ since He is our Good Shepherd & Friend and not just as our Savior.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Walking by the Spirit means walking and living in obedience to the voice and guidance of the Holy Spirit who indwells every believer. Under the Mosaic Law, the Jews lived by the Law. But as Christians, we have something infinitely better. We have God Himself living in us, empowering and directing us in our everyday lives--24/7/365....
Empowering and directing . . . very much agreed!

Something of an entirely different sort than a matter of a listing of laws. No list of Laws, I think, can encompass the Person of Jesus Christ, and He is the Person we are being conformed to.

Much love!

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So it is by believing in Him was the repeated commandment and thus commandments for how anyone receives the promise of the forever indwelling Holy Ghost.
Evidently, you’ve got no idea of what “Christ’s commandments” means - it is much more than simply believing. The NT has many do’s-n-don’ts that believers must obey, that are in effect, commandments of Christ. For example, in Romans 1:29-31, Paul mentions several sins - “ [28] And as they liked not to have God in their knowledge, God delivered them up to a reprobate sense, to do those things which are not convenient; [29] Being filled with all iniquity, malice, fornication, avarice, wickedness, full of envy, murder, contention, deceit, malignity, whisperers, [30] Detractors, hateful to God, contumelious, proud, haughty, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, [31] Foolish, dissolute, without affection, without fidelity, without mercy.” So Paul is issuing Christ’s commandments … ‘Thou shalt not commit all the sins I mention here”.

Here are other examples of Christ’s commandments in the NT:
“Now the works of the flesh are plain: immorality, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit, envy, drunkenness, carousing and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:19-21);

”Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robber will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God” (1Cor 6:9-11)////////And there are many other examples of such in the NT, if you care to look.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
You’ve misinterpreted this verse. It doesn’t say we are saved by faith alone - it says we are saved “through” faith, meaning faith is how we initially gain access to God’s grace. It also says we are not saved by “works”, meaning works without faith - it doesn’t say works are irrelevant to salvation.
we are saved by faith alone
That is unscriptural nonsense. If we are saved by faith alone, why does the NT repeatedly command believers to “repent”? Repentance is not faith alone. If a thief and a murderer becomes a believer, are you saying he can carry on being a thief and a murderer and he will still be saved?

And James 2:24 couldn’t be clearer - “a man is justified by WORKS and NOT BY FAITH ALONE”. What James means by “works” is keeping the commandments of Christ, which includes repentance. James also says “faith without works is dead” - so your idiotic “faith alone” doctrine is a sure-fire recipe for DEAD FAITH.
Romans 4:What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. 6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

So salvation without works by believing in Him is why believers are righteous like Abraham was.
You seem to have misinterpreted that passage as well - it is contrasting the worthlessness of WORKS WITHOUT FAITH to the immense value of FAITH. It doesn’t say we are saved by faith alone, or that works are irrelevant to salvation.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evidently, you’ve got no idea of what “Christ’s commandments” means - it is much more than simply believing.

When the commandments Jesus is talking about in John 14:15 comes with the promise of the permanent indwelling Holy Ghost John 14:16-17, then believing is all that is needed ( John 14:1-17 ). Proof is in the Book of Acts when the Gentiles had just heard Peter preached the gospel that by believing in Him, they shall receive the remission of sins, they had received the Holy Ghost before they had gotten water baptized, even before they had come forward and confessed Him with their mouths, but by believing in Him as Peter said.

Acts 10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: 40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; 41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. 42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. 43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Now I do not see Peter or any one preaching the gospel of the Romans Catholic Church and the commandments within her for salvation then or in Revelations.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When the commandments Jesus is talking about in John 14:15 comes with the promise of the permanent indwelling Holy Ghost John 14:16-17, then believing is all that is needed ( John 14:1-17 ).
What? Faith turns us into robots that repent, don’t sin and keep the commandments? Says who? Are you saying you don’t sin?
John 14:15
John 14:15 is about more than just believing - it is about love for Christ - “If you love me, you will keep my commandments”.

Faith in Christ without love for Christ is useless - “if I have all faith, so as remove mountains, but not have love, I am nothing” (1Cor 13:2).

”By this we know we love the children of God, when we love God and obey His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments” (1John 5:2-3)

God tests our love for Him by our willingness to obey His commandments - if this obedience is not the result of our free will, then it is not an expression of our love for God.
the permanent indwelling Holy Ghost
The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is not “permanent” - it can be lost if we commit “deadly” sins (1John 5:16) or if we lose our faith.

"And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy, but these have no root, they BELIEVE for a while and in time of temptation FALL AWAY." (Luke 8:13)

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and HAVE BECOME PARTAKERS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, IF THEY FALL AWAY, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.” (Heb 6:4-6).
Proof is in the Book of Acts when the Gentiles had just heard Peter preached the gospel that by believing in Him, they shall receive the remission of sins, they had received the Holy Ghost before they had gotten water baptized, even before they had come forward and confessed Him with their mouths, but by believing in Him as Peter said.
They received the Holy Spirit, but after that they were all required to repent of their sins and obey the commandments, just as all believers must. And anyone who receives the Holy Spirit can fall away and lose the Holy Spirit.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? Faith turns us into robots that repent, don’t sin and keep the commandments? Says who? Are you saying you don’t sin?John 14:15 is about more than just believing - it is about love for Christ - “If you love me, you will keep my commandments”.

So when do you receive the Holy Spirit? Never because you still sin? How do you have power to turn from sin thru out your life as a reconciled believer unless you are saved?

Faith in Christ without love for Christ is useless - “if I have all faith, so as remove mountains, but not have love, I am nothing” (1Cor 13:2).

No, it just means we are not abiding in Him as His disciples to bear fruit so our joy may be full. John 15:7-11

”By this we know we love the children of God, when we love God and obey His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments” (1John 5:2-3)

For abiding aka dwelling in Him. Here are the commandments John was talking about in that Book of 1 John.

1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

So that is about walking in the light as His disciples whereby it can only be done if we were saved by having the Holy Spirit in us.

So believing in Him is the repeated commandment as in commandments for how we receive the promise of the forever indwelling Holy Ghost.

There are other sets of commandments which is for abiding in Him as in dwelling in Him as His disciples by walking in the light of His words.

God tests our love for Him by our willingness to obey His commandments - if this obedience is not the result of our free will, then it is not an expression of our love for God.The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is not “permanent” - it can be lost if we commit “deadly” sins (1John 5:16) or if we lose our faith.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

That includes believers in Catholicism, brother. Catholics commit "mortal" sins and you do not see anything taught from the CC that requires bringing the Holy Spirit back in that Catholic again. Think about that. There are even former Catholics that return to the CC and you do not see anything where they get kicked out because the CC knew they had stopped believing in Him & the CC altogether. They certainly don't make them go through everything as if they were never Catholics before to signify being saved again, right?

"And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy, but these have no root, they BELIEVE for a while and in time of temptation FALL AWAY." (Luke 8:13)

It didn't say the seed was taken away. The seed is still there, but because they did not grow in His words, they fell away. Matthew has it because they were offended because of the word like the evolution theory would do for why some Catholics ( & other Christians ) no longer believe.

Matthew 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; 21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

So those are the temptations Jesus was talking about as written by Luke. Sort of like how the CC is doing when they tell believers to rely on the Catechism and the Church for the "correct interpretation" of the word of God even though they do not have an answer for every verse yet that reproves the works of Catholicism. Is there not an offense to the word for why they teach not to only rely on scripture, but on them?

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and HAVE BECOME PARTAKERS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, IF THEY FALL AWAY, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.” (Heb 6:4-6).They received the Holy Spirit, but after that they were all required to repent of their sins and obey the commandments, just as all believers must. And anyone who receives the Holy Spirit can fall away and lose the Holy Spirit.

Brother, read on about how the seed was received from that parable in that reference by how the rain was received and life came because of that rain. It is the weeds that needs be burned away, but the rain has been received and thus life is still in the ground to grow good things instead.

Start at the beginning; see how it lines up with what we are talking about on why we do not see a former Catholic needing to go through all those steps in the beginning when he got saved and joined the Catholic Church.

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, 2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3 And this will we do, if God permit.

Then when you read the next verses, read it in the way for why no one need to go through that whole process again as mentioned above.

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

That means a Catholic can never be unsaved because that would put Christ to open shame as if He could not save him the first time. This is about going on to perfection, living a life of repentance by looking to Jesus Christ to help us lay aside every weight & sin hence the removal of the thickets and thorns that should not have grown on that life growing ground. If Catholics do not repent, those weeds are going to get burned away just as the wood, stubble, and hay will be burned off of that foundation in 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 and yet the spirits is still saved thru that fire ( verse 15 )

Hebrews 6:7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: 8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

So when a Catholic does not repent of mortal sins, they incur a physical death but their spirit is still saved.

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

God be willing, you shall see that truth and when you do, remember that one of the works of the flesh is heresy and it is heresy to believe one can lose their salvation, thus denying Jesus as Our Saviour as if He is not really able to save us when it is on you to keep yourself saved.

So it is not about keeping yourself saved when the spirit is still saved when comeuppance comes from God for defiling the temple of God with works that deny Him. It is about moving on to perfection and if we do not run that race by faith in Jesus Christ to help us lay aside every weight & sin, then comes time when He judges us, He will do it the hard way, for us that is, when we are punished with death but our spirit is still saved.

Still say a believer has to depart from the works of Catholicism & the CC in order to stop denying Him that He has saved them after all.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unlike Moses, whose brightness faded, our is ever increasing!

What does it sound like . . . yes! A good question! Our thoughts echoing the words of Scripture as our thinking is conformed to the mind of Christ.

Much love!
Our brightness is ever increasing? It should be, but if we refuse to let the Him always lead and we fail to regularly partake of what He offers, how can our brightness increase?

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him." John 6:66

Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

"Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent." Rev 2:4-5

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Edit: Our obedience to His voice (i.e. His commands/words) amounts to submitting to Him as He directs and guides us throughout the day.
He is there for that purpose in anyone who has received Him, but if a person continuously, repeatedly quenches the Spirit in him as practiced and even taught by many church groups, He is no longer directing. Then our Light starts to dim. A good continuous connection to the Source must be maintained always!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

That we would know this truth by experience, for it is the core of our salvation... “Not I but Christ”

Be blessed in the experiencing of it, Not me

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our brightness is ever increasing? It should be, but if we refuse to let the Him always lead and we fail to regularly partake of what He offers, how can our brightness increase?

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him." John 6:66

Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

"Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent." Rev 2:4-5

Revelation 2:4-5 would place learning from how you were fallen to repent from that, would it not?

Proverbs 25:26 A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring. 27 It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory. 28 He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.

This would suggest a drink from another fountain for why the believers are falling down per loss of self control.

1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Something to think about. Reposting this video for comparison for why we are to be testing the spirits for you to watch.

That will be the last time I shall post that for you, brother, for why I am concern for you.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amadeus, if you refuse to cooperate with the Holy Spirit either God will chasten you as He does all His children, otherwise you are none of His.

Hebrews 12:5-8
My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6 for whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

If you find that love no longer central, absolutely! Come back.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus