Wanted : ..........friends to help me navigate this lonely World

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is also the online versus offline persona to consider. I say this because you come across as quite confident and extoverted now on this forum. Are you different face to face?
I can't believe you don't have confidence to lead a conversation. Are you kidding? :)
I'm a bit like that too. I can be in a room full of people and feel lonely because I can't start a conversation unless I know a person really well.

Reactions: saintiaint

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The group thing definitely adds to a feeling of security. I had a trio once, good online friends for 14 years, but every time he messaged me privately I got uncomfortable, he got weird, and left me feeling like.. :eek: ...Yeah, this is weird. Too many questions with bad motives. I answered too often. I learned overtime I don't have to answer. I used to. I felt obligated to. Distanced myself slowly from both for Psalm 1 reasons and prayed for new online friends. Praise the Lord! God sent a Christian trio and there isn't anything weird about it! LOL:p
giphy.gif

I still talk to her alone from time to time though.

I bet you will finds lots of friends here, @saintiaint :) I like your poem.
downloadfile-2.jpg

Reactions: DuckieLady

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a bit like that too. I can be in a room full of people and feel lonely because I can't start a conversation unless I know a person really well.
I can relate to that. I almost get panic attacks sometimes

Reactions: Pearl

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Otherwise I feel like that person is forcing me to pull up the roots in the back of my subconscious of things I don't care about and all of it sounds dumb, that's why it's stored so far back there.
Not sure what you mean here. You mean in depth conversations? People expecting you to expose the dark secrets of your soul?
Most conversations are pretty superficial imo.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm more confident online. My real voice is too soft and unassertive. My speaking ability is dull. I need to do public speaking course.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what you mean here. You mean in depth conversations? People expecting you to expose the dark secrets of your soul?
Most conversations are pretty superficial imo.
No, not necessarily. More like if I am interested in a person or sincerely care about them/want to talk to them, there were times where I couldn't think of any of the right things to say. Like all of the intelligent stuff was blocked out. All of the stupid, pointless worst things I could say came up.

I don't deal with that these days, because part of it was related to a form of mild B-12 deficiency dementia symptoms on my part, which were reversible with treatment. Basically it causes behavioral problems, cognitive difficulties, confusion, memory loss, personality changes, etc. Not exactly the clearest thinker.

Focusing on neuroplasticity helped me a lot. That's extremely rare, especially at my age, but it was caused by anemia, which I *think* it was a result of being on PPIs for over 10 years and they probably caused permanent damage, which lowers B-12 absorption by 70%-90%. Really affected relationships with people I cared about.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Like all of the intelligent stuff was blocked out
Ok for me depends on the person I'm talking too. One of my older siblings I tend to get a feeling of paralysis. Doubting myself. That person must know better so I shut up.
Feeling intimidated is a problem? It can be for me

Reactions: Pearl

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
don't deal with that these days, because part of it was related to a form of mild B-12 deficiency dementia symptoms on my part, which were reversible with treatment. Basically it causes behavioral problems, cognitive difficulties, confusion, memory loss, etc. Not exactly the clearest thinker.
Wow..ok more complex than I first thought

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Focusing on neuroplasticity helped me a lot. That's extremely rare, especially at my age, but it was caused by anemia, which I *think* it was a result of being on PPIs for over 10 years and they probably caused permanent damage, which lowers B-12 absorption by 70%-90%. Really affected relationships with people I cared about.
Physical issues then

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Physical issues then
Yeah, for me. I knew I was sick, and had gone to the ER a few times for a pain under my rib that I thought was gallstones. Took an ambulance once. They didn't know what it was and kept asking if I was on drugs. I burned my wrist on the side of a pan because I'm short and I was cooking eggs, so they thought I was self-harming or looking for pain killers or something.

Had to figure out for myself through trial and error, lots of studying. I was sick of it. Remembered one good doctor ten years earlier letting me know the reason I needed iron all of the time was probably from a B-12 deficiency. She was right.

Do you think you might have slight social anxiety?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've improved. I'm much better online. I'm easily intimidated in real life. Confidence problems like many have.
I get that. Kind of feel like it's a normal thing. Personally, I think it goes away with age. We start to care less. Something to look forward to!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have, but he was asking for a friend. You can never have too many of those. :)
Isn't that right!, when we are young we have so many friends, once we age...everyone goes their own ways. I'm still praying for a good Christian friend to meet with regularly but, not so easy to find. :( Although an old friend from a church in the 1990's keeps coming to my mind to call her. Maybe I will do just that! :)

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need a non Christian friend
To help learn more about
The real Jesus
Wow, that really gave me a flash of light. There is so much in that statement, volumes!
GOD loved us when we were yet sinners.
We learn more about unconditional love, mercy, forgiveness, compassion more so from someone who is totally lost. The whole purpose of the gospel is to send it to the lost of course but you don't think of it in a sense of a need for yourself, a way to find friends.
We just have to be wise and not be unequally yoked ... so befriend with caution.
That is the kind of stuff you want to get out of poetry.
Sometimes I just get nothing, just a bunch of clever flowery language that rhymes, stuff you have to think too hard about and analyze.
I was a song writer long ago so delved into it a bit. Some good songs have depth and complexity and to this day listening to them a dozen times, I still don't get what they are saying. Simplicity is key when you put music to lyrics. They could be inspirational, generate emotions and thoughts or tell a story that we all can relate to. We listen to songs we heard when we were young and it brings back memories of the times, relationships, things we were doing. Sorry, I'm babbling on.
You are talented, keep it up.