Wanted : ..........friends to help me navigate this lonely World

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm desperately seeking a friend
or even better
Friends plural

I need a Christian friend
to help me learn more
about the real Jesus

I need a non Christian friend
To help learn more about
The real Jesus

I need a human friend.
To feel closer to God
To feel his presence

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Friend needed
Must love my kind of music
Rockabilly
Must love my kind of Christianity
Catholicism.
Must love my kind of humour
British.
Must love dogs
Not cats

Reactions: Mayflower

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Friend needed
Rockabilly
Catholicism.
British.
Must love dogs
Not cats

Friend needed
Sadly I don't think I meet enough of your requirements.
Must love my kind of music, Rockabilly
I like rock and I like country but don't know about rockabilly.
Must love my kind of Christianity, Catholicism.
No, definitely don't meet that one as my sort of Christianity is house church based.
Must love my kind of humour, British.
Now being a fellow Brit, that I do like.
Must love dogs
Yep.
Not cats
I do like cats, so like I said I'm afraid I only meet two out of three of your friendship requirements. Sorry.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm desperately seeking a friend
or even better
Friends plural

I need a Christian friend
to help me learn more
about the real Jesus

I need a non Christian friend
To help learn more about
The real Jesus

I need a human friend.
To feel closer to God
To feel his presence

feel for you @saintiaint. Your post makes me think of “I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee: [14] But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.” 3 John 1:13-14

Greet the friends by name
With “He calleth them by name...”
And also the song “what a friend we have in Jesus.”

I can relate to your loneliness as I’ve felt it extremely to where my heart and bones actually hurt. torn. So I’m probably the last person to give you advice on friendships. can share with you two things God has taught me. on my husbands side of the family (they are a big family); I’ve never opened up to any of them while at the same time blaming them for never accepting me. Blaming them because I’m always on the outside. There are teenage boys, tall, hip, and they have always intimidated me beyond no end. Somewhere a long the way I pushed everyone away. One of the boys came up to stand near the other day and acted odd...like he had something to say. Then he didn’t say it, but instead went to walk away. I spoke up and said “come here” and I hugged him. I felt stupid and insecure and never expected what he said next. he pointed out that we hadn’t hugged since he was little and called me by name “aunt Vickie.” You had to be there ...but my insecurities had planted things in my mind that wasn’t true and here was this young man who had noticed our lack of connection and remembered it. As if it had mattered to him more than I ever thought. After, he continued to call me “aunt” when he never had before.

Another lesson God taught me is being ashamed of where I come from and who I am. In thirty years of being married I’ve never offered or invited my husbands family over to my family. Afraid or ashamed for them to see where I come from or how I was raised. God has helped me get over that too and I’m ready to open doors and say “this is me. Come in. Know me.” No lies. No covering up my history. But letting people either accept me for who I really am, or choose not too. it has made a difference. Not blaming others but taking the steps while not at the same time shoving everyone away.

I’ll be your friend. Although on here it is hard because this isn’t real contact day to day, face to face.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend needed
No, definitely don't meet that one as my sort of Christianity is house church based.
Must love dogs
Yep.
Not cats
I do like cats, so like I said I'm afraid I only meet two out of three of your friendship requirements. Sorry.

That's just it though why should we have to have requirements in order to be friends with him? Not like I want to because so far he's been nothing but mean to me,.. but the only requirement to be Jesus' friend is to love Him and know that He loves us. True friends should like you for who you are and so that's why I find this just a bunch of crap that he's setting out expectations. :rolleyes: Don't worry though, there's no requirements needed to be my friend because I like you for who you are just the way you are despite our differences. :)

Reactions: saintiaint

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One I have difficulty with.

As in number one or me as an individual? Cause if it's the first one then it isn't worth his friendship. If it's the latter is there anything I can do to change that?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend needed
Rockabilly
Catholicism.
British.
Must love dogs
Not cats

LoL! Narrowing the field, as they say : )

British comedy is good, and dogs are great. But I like cats, too, and Progressive and Classic Rock are a long ways from Rockabilly, LoL.

On a serious note, I'm guessing you were joking, but do try not to worry about the Catholicism too much. Just pray to the Lord for friends who share your faith in Christ. You will possibly find several even here if you can set aside your denominationalism long enough to see others for who they are and not exclusively for what they believe.

God bless,
- H

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
As in number one or me as an individual? Cause if it's the first one then it isn't worth his friendship. If it's the latter is there anything I can do to change that?
Sorry, the one I was referring to was the one advise given.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL! Narrowing the field, as they say : )

British comedy is good, and dogs are great. But I like cats, too, and Progressive and Classic Rock are a long ways from Rockabilly, LoL.

On a serious note, I'm guessing you were joking, but do try not to worry about the Catholicism too much. Just pray to the Lord for friends who share your faith in Christ. You will possibly find several even here if you can set aside your denominationalism long enough to see others for who they are and not exclusively for what they believe.

God bless,
- H

I think he's just trying to rush things instead of allowing it to happen naturally. I mean we used to hate each other but through some time and forgiveness we're best buddies now! :D

Reactions: Nancy

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, the one I was referring to was the one advise given.

On to be his friend and like that kind of music or when I said true friends should like you for who you are? Hopefully you mean the first.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend needed
Must love dogs
Yep.
Not cats
And, you forgot? You already have a hubby? :D

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm,.. excuse me? o_O

Hidden,.. is there something that you want to share with us? I thought that you were married. You left your wife for yourself? Well, at least you'll save money when it comes to treating yourself to a candlelight dinner. Children might be a problem, but I think you're past the point anyways.