!!!! Warning !!!!....What Many "Minsters" Don't Tell You!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
The use of the word Name in Scripture is not a title, it is really authority... so when we do something in the "name" of Jesus, its not thie name, but the authority behind the title.... When Mary was calling "Jesus" to come in the house she never used the name Jesus.... His true name is Yahshua....if the truth of the authority being used not the "title", then so much of what we do in the "name of Jesus" would be mute...I am not saying your Baptism is not valid because you wre not Bapitised in his true name... but because you used the title that is associated with Him, and it is the authrity behind the name, it is valid... and what is the use of " in the name of the Father , the Son and the Holy Spirit, which is what is most often used in Baptism saying? It is still the authority of Yahshua... for as Christ said.."if you have seen me you have seen the Father ... and the Holy Spirit is the intellect of them both... lets not be baptism snobs...but instead come to a complete understanding of the true nature of it... an outward sign of the following of Christ for the person being baptised...

antonio

Jun 11, 2007
hello all
smile.gif
I'm new here but already confused. If jews could "atone" for their sins or be baptised and be saved, what was the point of Jesus dying on the cross.?Could someone clear this up for me in simple words?antonio

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
The atonement that the Jews recieved for there sins, where basically a pushing aside of there sins.The only true atonement for there sins was the Perfect Blood Sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross!If you'll notice in the book of John 8:56 it say'sYour father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it and was glad.Abraham needed Jesus Blood to cleanse him of his sins before he could enter into heaven.God had them in a holding place until Jesus was resurected, then they where resurected with him!Mathew27:51-53

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Jody where did you learn this ?.. the same faith that we use today is the same faith that Abraham had... Abraham had a promise and God was faithful to him James 2:21.. Later Moshe and God got together and they too had a deal a covanant between them and God if you do this(YOM KIPPUR) I will forgive your sins... God does not lie... Christ did die for Abraham and for Moshe, but they certainly did NOT go to hades or hell or whatever, they were JUSTIFIED by the convenant and promise of God...Christ called heaven Abraham's bosom... when He spoke of Lazarus and the rich ruler... right? I'll admit that by the time of Jeremiah, the corruption of the priesthood had become terrible and God was not pleased.. but not all were condemned to Hades until the time of Christ...

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(antonio;11658)
hello all
smile.gif
I'm new here but already confused. If jews could "atone" for their sins or be baptised and be saved, what was the point of Jesus dying on the cross.?Could someone clear this up for me in simple words?antonio
Okay, I think that YES, Jews could 'atone' and be saved, but Priests had to do it continuously and blood was shed every day with special proceedures and stuff. So God sent His Son to die once and for all and be done with it. I also believe that old testament's atoinment didn't bring healing, freedom of different problems, freedom of curses, and other things Jesus' blood is giving us.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Luke 16:22what does this say about it? 22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried.Lazarus went to the place here Abraham was... the rich man went across the divide... I just wonder do you need some good reference material? Can I donate a Strong's concordance to your church?

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(betchevy;11747)
Luke 16:2222And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried.Lazarus went to the place here Abraham was... the rich man went across the divide... I just wonder do you need some good reference material? Can I donate a Strong's concordance to your church?
Betchevy, I like when people refer to Bibles directly when they quote stuff. You made a good point there. But it made me think deeper: Do we keep out phisical form in heaven and hell? Rich man and Lazarus and Abraham recognized each other, and also remembered what was going on in their lifes on earth. Like rich man remembered his brothers and Abraham remembered all the saints on earth.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Betchevy, I do read the Bible, It tells me that the poor man was in the holding place, Abraham's Bossom which is not Heaven. How could people in heaven see people that are in Hell?

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. 27Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: 28For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.This is the place where you and I will go Abraham will be there to greet us Can you give any biblical words to support your thoughts? and who was in charge of the place?... Abraham..And yes we are created in the image of God and the angels.. the Eloheem..Strongs 430. and we will know as we are known... it says in Ezekial that during the millinium, those who are one side fo the gulf can go to the other to minister to their relations Ezekiel 4214When the priests enter therein, then shall they not go out of the holy place into the utter court, but there they shall lay their garments wherein they minister; for they are holy; and shall put on other garments, and shall approach to those things which are for the people. Ezekiel 44 23And they shall teach my people the difference between the holy and profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean. 24And in controversy they shall stand in judgment; and they shall judge it according to my judgments: and they shall keep my laws and my statutes in all mine assemblies; and they shall hallow my sabbaths. 25And they shall come at no dead person to defile themselves: but for father, or for mother, or for son, or for daughter, for brother, or for sister that hath had no husband, they may defile themselves. 26And after he is cleansed, they shall reckon unto him seven daysIf you look at the Word in the original language you will see a different story than is told in most mainstream chruches of today... its not the ministers fault, he is only teaching what he has learned in seminary.. but see the teachings Denver has here http://www.christianityboard.com/true-sin-...study-t509.html and http://www.christianityboard.com/earth-age...-study-t79.html God has given us tools and Jody I AM SORRY. I did not mean to be judgemental, but it really surprised me to hear your statments...

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
In Ezekiel 42:14Too me it sounds like they are talking about the priest would come out of the Holy Place which is a physical temple back then and will minister to the people who where unclean.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
I read Denver's first study,Why would God tell them to eat of all the trees of the Garden except for the Tree of good and evil, if He was talking about a sexual act?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
First off, the trees, are not literal trees but people (beings).Here is NT scriptures of what we are talking about.Matthew 7:16-20 - Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.Can a literal tree talk? I say unto thee, nay. Can a literal tree do good and evil actions, Nay.The tree of life is referring to our Lord Jesus Christ.Genesis 3:22 - And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.The serpent is Satan (not a literal snake)Revelation 12:9 - And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.Revelation 20:2 - And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,Satan is the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
smile.gif
Lovest thou in Christ Jesus (Yahshua) our Lord and Saviour.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Jag made some great points, but lets add this the word for tree and the word for backbone its 6086 in the Strongs... and as Jag pointed out about the tree of life which we all accept as Christ... Lets look at why this has been changed, just a bit Jeremiah 8 tells the tale..... the scribes ...some more clues in the Word? look a the book of Genesis in 4;17 you see the geneology of Cain and then in 5 you see the geneology of Adam... Cain is not in there..and notice how the names a closely alike, as if Cain were a weak imitation? Why has this happened? and what is Satan up to? God used Jeremiah to show us the beginnings of it in Jeremiah 8:5Why then is this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a perpetual backsliding? they hold fast deceit, they refuse to return. 6I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright: no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle. 8How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain. Notice the scripture I Chron. 2:55 55And the families of the scribes which dwelt at Jabez; the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, and Suchathites. These are the Kenites that came of Hemath, the father of the house of Rechab.This shows where the seed of the murderer had infiltrated the Levites to be the scribes , the beginning of the "transltion in translation" had begun.... the hiding of truth and the deception is continuing... God has given us a guide to see what teachings we should be learning from in the book of Revelations in his discourse of the churches... there were two He was pleased with and what is the common denomination of these two churches?........ the Jews that are not Jews..Revelation 2:9. I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Revelation 3:9.. Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.Let look to St. Paul and Christ for the rest of the story...in John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. The Greek word for seed is 'sperma"... thats clear enough for all to see that it is a physical seed not a spiritual one... So now who is Israel today.. it is mostly the true tribe of Judah and the false tribe of Judah the good figs and the bad figs...and who will devise some way of deviding the good from the bad? Only Christ can and he has told us to leave it to the angels to do so in the parable of the tares... in Matthew 13: 25-40.. why had satan desired to plant his tares among Judah.. for God blessed Judah with the keeping or the Torah and satan loves to mess with the scriptures and he has used his children to do so...but those of us who speak against satan and refuse to let him have any place in our lives have learned to study the Word by using tools to go back to the original languages and see what is truly there in the scriptures...God's true blessing... and where is Israel ? who are Isaac's sons? they shortened it to SAXONS...God never lost any tribe from Iarael of any other.. and Paul... says in 2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. So what does the strongs say about that word beguiled? its 1818 Wholly seduced... that's very plain... its a sexual word... and it went all the way wholly...I look to the Revelations verses as a guide for the church... look at the mailstreams and know they are in the majority of the group.... because only a very few teach what God considered the important... even the seiminaries do not teach it... why because out of all the churches only 2 out of 7 less than 1/3 of al he people who ever lived and went to church around the world knew the truth, the whole thruth and had a complete understanding of God and his plan, satan an his plan ... Christ said:Luke 12:22 For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. Who is the one that would benefit from the hiding of truth? the LIAR..

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would God tell them to eat of all the trees of the Garden except for the Tree of good and evil, if He was talking about a sexual act?
Fair enough and a good question.
smile.gif
I would point to Matthew 7:16-20 that Jag was already steps ahead of me in talking about. God was simply saying, don't mess with the bad trees. Stick with the trees of the garden that bring forth the good fruit.For me, the big thing was the tree of life. It mysteriously appears in Genesis, then briefly surfaces in Proverbs not be seen again until the end. This accounts for the term "tree of life" being directly used. As Christ said, there's only one way to the Father and therefore only one way to live forever.John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.Genesis 3:22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:I'll leave you with this...Revelation 22:1-2And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.A very similar river appears in the millennial chapters of Ezekiel 47.Ezekiel 47:7-12Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other. Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed. And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh. And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many. But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt. And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.There's only one type of water that issues forth from the sanctuary. This is no mighty earthly river such as the Nile, Amazon, or Euphrates. This is the river that flows forth from the throne that will heal anything and everything.This tree of life is no fruit. This is our Savior through whom we are saved.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
So if the word Trees really means physical bodies, then the point I was trying to make earlier is: Why would God tell us to have sex with any person in the garden?Also at that time there where no other people present but Adam& Eve!

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
I disagree with everyone who says trees are the people! God created Adam in his image and told him to rule over everything created in previous 5 days. God put Adam above the rest of creation (including trees) so now we see that Adam and trees are of a different category. Fruits was Adam and Eve's food sourse. They lived on what trees produced. And he God said: eat from any tree but that one. So, that tells us that trees aren't people. Satan knew evil and good - and I really think that tree represents Satan, and eating it's fruit meant accepting Satan's evil nature that Satan offered.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
I'm in agreement with you Tama, I was Questioning Denvers teaching about Genesis! He obviously believes this! To the best of my understanding, which isn't saying a whole lot, but if he is going to teach he needs to teach at the level that all can understand clearly!

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(Denver;11888)
For me, the big thing was the tree of life. It mysteriously appears in Genesis, then briefly surfaces in Proverbs not be seen again until the end. This accounts for the term "tree of life" being directly used. As Christ said, there's only one way to the Father and therefore only one way to live forever.
God specified 2 trees in the Garden of Eden. TREE OF LIFE and TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL. The Tree of Life represents Jesus. Tree of knowledge of good and Evil represents Satan, because Satan knew Good and Evil. And the fruit from that tree is disobedience caused by pride ( what Devil commited before casted out of Heaven). Serpent represents Satan's voice, temptation. Serpent (Satan) offered Adam exact same thing that caused him cast ouf of Heaven. BE LIKE GOD... Bible says Pride is the beginning of all destruction. Proverbs 16:18Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.