Was Bible Possession banned by the Catholic Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they are using AI to scan the internet . They are monitoring the internet and its technologies
and silencing voices that speak biblcal truth . They are watching and monitoring .
Even more so is AI gathering names into a database as well of what is considered potential terroist .
They getting ready for something big . When it comes it wont just be digital ghettos
those who speak truth are put into either . They have been always at work , these spirits that operate through men .
Only now in this last hour has the world now attained the technology to complete the work and working of
anti christ and its system . Fear it not . speak and type the truth . What is and what is to come
will come , BUT THE LORD will be with the lambs , AS HE has BEEN THROUGH ALL AGES .
But , yeah they DO MONITOR and they monitor much more effective than the common man realizes .
But again fear them not . THE LORD Is in control . HE is with the lambs no matter what is to come against us .
That new AI news just goes to show why myself and everyone I know use a proxy online.

Though even with the subscription pay versions it's true we don't know who is behind that proxy,it beats going on the web wide open with a direct link back to our router.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus, I'm glad you came back to God!
So am I my friend. After a few years trying to live a "good" life without God, I discovered that for me it would not work. I had a few personal experiences as a Catholic that kept me from ever forgetting God or actually denying His existence. Then when it was His time, He drew me and my family to Him. That was in 1976. In spite of a few ups and downs over the years, I have been serving Him since then.
The Mass has always had readings from Scripture. In fact, one of the criteria that the Church used to select the 27 books (out of over 300 it analyzed) that went into the New Testament, was "is it worthy of being read at Mass?"
I agree that a portion of scripture was always read at the masses I attended, but many parts of the Bible I never heard. Many of the stories, of course, I knew from what the nuns taught in catechism.

In that time in our small town, we received a formal time of religious release from the public elementary school. The single protestant church in town walked the protestant children to their church building for lessons and the Franciscan nuns led us a special building called the Casa Maria for catechism. Any children who chose not to participate [mainly Mormons who had no near-by building] remained at school.

Those were happy times for me.
Christ founded a Church to spread His truths. He trained Apostles for three years...orally. He commanded the Apostles to go forth and preach (orally, not write). Eventually, some of what they taught orally was written down. We call this the New Testament. The New Testament comes from Oral Tradition (oral teachings) as referenced by St. Paul in 2 Thes 2:15.

A "bible reading, self-interpreting" Church would have excluded the vast majority of humanity from Christianity if that was one of the pillars of Christianity, because for the first 19 centuries of Christianity, the vast majority of humanity was illiterate. It has only been in the last 100 years, give or take, that universal literacy was of any interest to humanity. The average person for 19 centuries could neither read nor write.
You have said nothing historically of which I was not aware. Thank you for the reminders. I usually avoid the Catholic involved threads because I hate to see the heavy bashing that often occurs.

I am no long active Catholic and do not expect to be again, but I cannot forget the good things of my own experience.

And keep in mind that St. Peter warned against personal interpretation of Scripture in 2 Peter 1:20-21:

Peter's warning should be noted, but it should not be presumed that being Protestant means that someone is always interpreting the scriptures himself rather than being led by the Holy Spirit.

Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation,

for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God.
It has been nice talking with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Learner

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So am I my friend. After a few years trying to live a "good" without God, I discovered that for me it would not work. I had a few personal experiences as a Catholic that kept me from ever forgetting God or actually denying His existence. Then when it was His time He drew me and my family to Him. That was in 1976. In spite of a number of ups and downs, I have been serving Him since then.

I agree that a portion of scripture was always read at the masses I attended, but many parts of the Bible I never heard. Many of the stories, of course, I knew from what the nuns taught in catechism.

In that time in our small town, we received a formal time of religious release from the public elementary school. The single protestant church in town walked the protestant children to their church building for lessons and the Franciscan nuns led us a special building called the Casa Maria for catechism. Any children who chose not to participate [mainly Mormons who had no near-by building] remained at school.

Those were happy times for me.

You have said nothing historically of which I was not aware. Thank you for the reminders. I usually avoid the Catholic involved threads because I hate to see the heavy bashing that often occurs.

I am no long active Catholic and do not expect to be again, but I cannot forget the good things of my own experience.
You and I are old enough to remember the old days. I read your post with much interest. I find it sad that you've missed out on so much that Christ's Church has to offer. (No offense intended, please!) Most of all, the Holy Eucharist, which is the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ, offered at every Mass. Attending Mass well gives you the same graces as if you had been at the foot of the Cross. In fact, at Mass, you are, in a mystical way. This video is a human attempt to portray what really happens at Mass. (No, Jesus isn't crucified "again." The original Calvary is made present.)

God bless!

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(No, Jesus isn't crucified "again." The original Calvary is made present.)

God bless!
Indeed! The sacrifice is being realized―rather than repeated―through the consecration and offering of the elements in a mystical union stretching across the bridge of time and space.

I have yet to find a better exposition of this view than the following excerpt from an 1884 sermon given by an Episcopal priest, Daniel C. Roberts (1841-1907), on the twenty-fifth anniversary of the consecration of his church building, St. Paul’s, in Concord, New Hampshire:

"Christ hath offered and been offered once for all. But that one offering stands in the eternity of the being of God, free from the bond and measure of time, and He who made the offering stands in the royal Priesthood of Melchisedek, without beginning of days or end of life.

"We, in our feebleness, measure by days, by years, by anniversaries, generations, ages, centuries, cycles, but eternity with God is an everlasting now, and time is not. And so we plead, and the church ceases not to plead, the sacrifice of Christ. We do it day by day, year by year, and the narrow, scoffing unbeliever dares to say that we think to repeat the sacrifice many times. But it is not so. In the presence of that altar of the one sacrifice, in the presence of the cross of Calvary, we stand to-day; and we share to-day, by His own gift and benediction, the very Priesthood of Him who offers that sacrifice. We are made an holy Priesthood, offering unceasingly, as our constant and availing plea, but not renewing, that which is never old, never anything but new, the sacrifice of Christ."

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the books of the Reformation and Bibles burned..
Here is from the Catholic Encyclopedia with their view of what was to be censored and burned, and more on the setting up of the infamous 'Indices of forbidden books' ...'The First Ecumenical Council of Nicaea (325) condemned not only Arius personally, but also his book entitled “Thalia”; Constantine commanded that the writings of Arius and of his friends should everywhere be delivered up to be burned; concealment of them was forbidden under pain of death. In the following centuries, when and wherever heresies sprang up, the popes of Rome and the ecumenical councils, as well as the particular synods of Africa, Asia, and Europe, condemned, conjointly with the false doctrines, the books and writings containing them. (Cf. Hilgers, Die Bucherverbote in Pastbriefen.) The latter were ordered to be destroyed by fire, and illegal preservation of them was treated as a heinous criminal offense. The authorities intended to make the reading of such writings simply impossible. Pope St. Innocent I, enumerating in a letter of 405 a number of apocryphal writings, rejects them as non solum repudianda sed etiam damnanda. It is the first attempt at a catalogue of forbidden books. The so-called “Decretum Gelasianum” contains many more, not only apocryphal, but also heretical, or otherwise objectionable, writings. It is not without reason that this catalogue has been called the first “Roman Index” of forbidden books. The books in question were not unfrequently examined in the public sessions of councils. There are also cases in which the popes themselves (e.g. Innocent I and Gregory the Great) read and examined a book sent to them and finally condemned it. As regards the kinds and contents of writings forbidden in ancient times, we find among them, besides apocryphal and heretical books, forged acts of martyrs, spurious penitentials, and superstitious writings. In ancient times information about objectionable books was sent both from East and West to Rome, that they might be examined and, if necessary, forbidden by the Apostolic See. Thus at the beginning of the Middle Ages there existed, in all its essentials, though without specified clauses, a prohibition and censorship of books throughout the Catholic Church. Popes as well as councils, bishops no less than synods, considered it then, as always, their most sacred duty to safeguard the purity of faith and to protect the souls of the faithful by condemning and forbidding any dangerous book.

During the Middle Ages prohibitions of books were far more numerous than in ancient times. Their history is chiefly connected with the names of medieval heretics like Berengarius of Tours, Abelard, John Wyclif, and John Hus. However, especially in the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries, there were also issued prohibitions of various kinds of superstitious writings, among them the Talmud and other Jewish books. In this period, also, the first decrees about the reading of translations of the Bible were called forth by the abuses of the Waldenses and Albigenses. '

And we have the history documented of Mediaeval time...'In his recent article, “The Burning of Heretical Books”, University of Oxford historian Alexander Murray examines several questions about the topic. He notes there are over 200 incidences of book burning in the Middle Ages. “There are one or two Carolingian cases,” Murray writes, “a few more in the Gregorian reform and a few more in the ‘twelfth-century renaissance’. It is around 1200 that the pace quickens, and from then on, scarcely a decade passes without a book-burning, the pace rising gradually, but with exceptional spurts between 1232 and 1319 when hitherto immune Jewish books were burned by the cartload. More generally, the acceleration only becomes conspicuous in response to the burst of Wycliffe-Hussite thought in the fifteenth-century, itself – Nota Bene – partly an expression of rising book production.” ....Murray explains it was not actually to destroy the books and obliterate these writings. In many cases the original book was not destroyed, but only a copy. For example, when the writings of Jan Hus were burned after he was convicted of heresy at the Council of Constance (1414-18), it was only copies that were destroyed, while the Pope kept the originals. In other examples, the items that were burnt were ‘lists of errors’ – documents that were created to detail heretical statements that were made by some person. They were actually specifically made in order to be burned....Murray adds that when books were burned (or endured a lesser punishment, such as being cut to pieces), the ideal situation for the church authorities was to have the person who wrote the book to be one who consigned it to the flames. This was seen as an act of public penance, to show that the person had recanted their views. This happened with Peter Abelard, who was accused of heresy at the ecclesiastical council at Soissons in 1121 – to escape the charges, he had to publicly burn his own book On the Divine Unity and Trinity, an act he later disavowed... The post-medieval period would see a massive increase in the instances of book destruction – as secular authorities took over the prosecution of heretics in the sixteenth, they also went after heretical books as well.'

The Catholic Church organized numerous book burnings throughout the medieval period. In the 13th century, Pope Gregory IX ordered the burning of the Jewish theological work The Talmud along with “those books in which you find errors of this sort you shall cause to be burned at the stake..” A papal bull issued on May 29, 1554, specified that while the Talmud and works containing blasphemies of Christianity were to be burned, other Jewish works were to be submitted for censorship. The Talmud was included in the first Index Expurgatorius in 1559. The ban against publication of the Talmud, with certain excisions or without them, under a different name, was temporarily lifted (March 24, 1564) by Pius IV. However, confiscation of Hebrew works continued in Italy, especially in the Papal States, down to the 18th century. The same was the case in Avignon and the papal possessions in France. Renewed interdictions were issued by Popes Gregory XIII (1572–85) and Clement VIII (1593). The burning in Rome was commemorated by an annual public fast day observed on the eve of Sabbath of ḥukkat (Shibbolei ha-Leket 263).
Arianism is a heresy named for Arius, a priest and false teacher in the early fourth century AD in Alexandria, Egypt. One of the earliest and probably the most important item of debate among early Christians was the subject of Christ’s deity. Was Jesus truly God in the flesh, or was Jesus a created being? Was Jesus God or not? Arius denied the deity of the Son of God, holding that Jesus was created by God as the first act of creation and that the nature of Christ was anomoios (“unlike”) that of God the Father. Arianism, then, is the view that Jesus is a finite created being with some divine attributes, but He is not eternal and not divine in and of Himself.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning the rest they considered it to be poor translation of the Bible and False teachings of the others. If you were a king of a new nation, would you permit the writtings of Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Science, Mormons, Moonies, Islam or any other false religion?

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go to and behold facebook and other areas , are they not fast to shut down truth and the voice of any who speaks the truth .
Believe me when i say there is an agenda at work to silence the truth and to promote a lie .
I lost control of our Facebook as such they do not shut it down. We use the audience to share Jesus and other Truths with them all.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they are using AI to scan the internet . They are monitoring the internet and its technologies
and silencing voices that speak biblcal truth . They are watching and monitoring .
Even more so is AI gathering names into a database as well of what is considered potential terroist .
They getting ready for something big . When it comes it wont just be digital ghettos
those who speak truth are put into either . They have been always at work , these spirits that operate through men .
Only now in this last hour has the world now attained the technology to complete the work and working of
anti christ and its system . Fear it not . speak and type the truth . What is and what is to come
will come , BUT THE LORD will be with the lambs , AS HE has BEEN THROUGH ALL AGES .
But , yeah they DO MONITOR and they monitor much more effective than the common man realizes .
But again fear them not . THE LORD Is in control . HE is with the lambs no matter what is to come against us .
What is the source? Brother, Friend.

Last edited:

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That new AI news just goes to show why myself and everyone I know use a proxy online.

Though even with the subscription pay versions it's true we don't know who is behind that proxy,it beats going on the web wide open with a direct link back to our router.
I use something to hide my ipaddress from non-Christians --- I forget what it is.

• Haha
Reactions: BlessedPeace

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and I are old enough to remember the old days. I read your post with much interest. I find it sad that you've missed out on so much that Christ's Church has to offer. (No offense intended, please!) Most of all, the Holy Eucharist, which is the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ, offered at every Mass. Attending Mass well gives you the same graces as if you had been at the foot of the Cross. In fact, at Mass, you are, in a mystical way. This video is a human attempt to portray what really happens at Mass. (No, Jesus isn't crucified "again." The original Calvary is made present.)

God bless!
Have I missed much? I knew two priests and one Catholic man who were close to God. There were others who probably were.

As to the blood and flesh of Jesus: Do I not consume them every day?

Thank you @Augustin56 for being friendly amidst so much unfriendliness.

We, each of us... must go along the Way that God has called us. There were those along my road who needed to help me even I was used of God at time to help others.

It always comes back, I believe, to this:
Lu 12:48But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
What has God given us? If He has given any of us more in knowledge of His Word and/or possession of His gifts than some others, will He not require more of us?

Those on this forum who are so certain they are right and all their opposers are wrong, if they are really right, will not God require more of them?

Help us dear Lord!

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have I missed much? I knew two priests and one Catholic man who were close to God. There were others who probably were.

We, each of us... must go along the Way that God has called us. There were those along my road who needed to help me even I was used of God at time to help others.

Lu 12:48But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
What has God given us? If He has given any of us more in knowledge of His Word and/or possession of His gifts than some others, will He not require more of us?

Those on this forum who are so certain they are right and all their opposers are wrong, if they are really right, will not God require more of them?

Help us dear Lord!
Well, in our day, it was perfectly fine to disagree about something and to debate the issues. That's how we learned. Most of us, it seems, were really seeking the truth. It's part of the natural law. We were designed, not to just seek truth, but to seek the entire truth. We were designed to seek the good, but just any good, the ultimate good, i.e., God.

Nowadays, it seems everyone wears their feelings on their sleeve, and if someone doesn't agree with them, they get all bent out of shape. Sad.

And you are absolutely correct. From whom much is given, much will be required. Part of the reason the world's in such a mess, especially the U.S., is because the young people have not been properly taught about Jesus, etc. We have allowed a fox in the henhouse with our educational system, which is controlled now by atheistic Communism, at least at the college level, but also in lower education.

I enjoyed talking with you. God bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, in our day, it was perfectly fine to disagree about something and to debate the issues. That's how we learned. Most of us, it seems, were really seeking the truth. It's part of the natural law. We were designed, not to just seek truth, but to seek the entire truth.
Yes indeed! I remember my involvement in my college philosophy class. This was after I stopped attending mass and had yet to become involved with any Protestant group.

They talked about God and I remained silent because I had no words for them even though in my heart, I still believed in God. My two best friends in that class were atheists and they had all the answers... but I was unable to speak.

Only one member of the class stood up both against my friends and the instructor who was also atheist. The one was a Catholic and while he was not eloquent and he did not have the smooth well-thought-out answers of his opposition, I was pleased with his stand. He held his ground refusing to give up his faith. The key of course, which I was able to see even then was his faith.

We were designed to seek the good, but just any good, the ultimate good, i.e., God.
I knew this as a small boy, but it did not really take hold of me until I was 32 years old [1976].
Nowadays, it seems everyone wears their feelings on their sleeve, and if someone doesn't agree with them, they get all bent out of shape. Sad.
There are exceptions to what you say, but not as many as there should be... at least as I see it.
And you are absolutely correct. From whom much is given, much will be required. Part of the reason the world's in such a mess,
People want to believe they are saved being required to walk with God as He leads them. It really should not be "my way". unless my my way is equal every way to God's Way. Who has attained to that?

By example Jesus showed us how to live and by means of God's Word and the Holy Spirit and His provided ministers, He makes it a possibility.

Who is already an overcomer as Jesus was an overcomer?

especially the U.S., is because the young people have not been properly taught about Jesus, etc. We have allowed a fox in the henhouse with our educational system, which is controlled now by atheistic Communism, at least at the college level, but also in lower education.
I remember when my children were of school age: My wife and I decided that either a Christian school was needed or home schooling. When the location of my job allowed a Christian school, we went that way. When it did not, we home-schooled them. They both graduated from high school at home.

Both of them went on to better themselves in college and are serving God in a measure today. We continue to be blessed by them.
I enjoyed talking with you. God bless!
And I with you.
Give God the glory!

Last edited:

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed! I remember my involvement in my college philosophy class. This was after I stopped attending mass and had yet to become involved with any Protestant group.

They talked about God and I remained silent because I had no words for them even though in my heart, I still believed in God. My two best friends in that class were atheists and they had all the answers but I was unable to speak.

Only one member of the class stood up both against my friends and the instructor who was also atheist. The one was a Catholic and while he was not eloquent and he did not have the smooth well-thought-out answers of his opposition, I was pleased with his stand. He held h is ground refusing to give up his faith. The key of course, which I was able to see even then was his faith.

I knew this as a small boy but it did not really take hold of me until I was 32 years old [1976].

There are exceptions to what you say, but not as many as there should be... at least as I see it.

People want to believe they are saved being required to walk with God as He leads them. It really should not be "my way}. unless my way is equal every way to God's Way. Who has attained to that?

By example Jesus showed us how to live and by means of God's Word and the Holy Spirit and His provided ministers, He makes it a possibility.
Who is already an overcomer as Jesus was an overcomer?

I remember when my children was of school age. My wife and I decided that either a Christian school was needed or home schooling. When the location of my job allowed the former we went that way. When it did not we home schooled all the way through high school. Both of them went on to better themselves and are serving God in a measure today. We are blessed by them today.

And I with you.
Give God the glory!
I recall that at one time, (some?) colleges required you to have at least 18 semester hours of philosophy to graduate with a degree in anything. (Just throwing that out there since it popped up in my mind.)

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Help us dear Lord!
The Gutenberg Bible was not printed only 100 copies until about 1454. Not many people could even afoard to buy a copy. A handwritten copy cost about $3,000.

1382 AD: John Wycliffe, The Morning Star of the Reformation, is the first person to produce a manuscript copy of the complete Bible; all 80 Books.
1450 AD: Johannes Gutenberg invents the printing press and utilizes movable type. Books may now be mass-produced instead of individually hand-written. The first book ever printed is Gutenberg’s Bible in Latin.
1516 AD: Desiderius Erasmus produces a Greek/Latin Parallel New Testament.
1522 AD: Martin Luther produces his German New Testament.
1525 AD: William Tyndale begins printing the New Testament at Cologne, Germany. His work was interrupted after completing just the first 21 chapters of Matthew and was forced to flee persecution to Worms, Germany.
1526 AD: William Tyndale completes his New Testament being the first ever printed in the English Language.
1535 AD: Myles Coverdale’s Bible- The first complete Bible is printed in the English Language. (80 Books: O.T. & N.T. & Apocrypha).
1537 AD: Tyndale-Matthews Bible- The second complete Bible is printed in English. It was produced under the pseudonym of “Thomas Matthew” by John Rogers to avoid persecution. (80 Books).
1539 AD: The Great Bible- Ordered by King Henry the Eighth, also known as the chained Bible. (80 Books).
1560 AD: The Geneva Bible – The first English Language Bible to include both verse and chapter numbers and the first to include printed marginal notes thus creating the first study Bible. Translated by Reformation Fathers while in exile in Switzerland escaping the persecution of England’s Bloody Queen Mary. (80 Books)
1568 AD: The Bishops Bible- Ordered by Queen Elizabeth the First in response to the sometimes thorny marginal notes of the Geneva Bible. The 1602 edition would be used as the foundation for the forthcoming King James Version. (80 Books).
1582 AD: The Rheims New Testament- English Catholic scholars fled from the ascension of protestant Queen Elizabeth to the throne in 1558 and translate the New Testament from the Latin Vulgate.
1609 AD: The Douay Old Testament- Delayed due to lack of funding, the Old Testament is at last added to the 1582 Rheims New Testament making the first complete English Catholic Bible translated from the Latin Vulgate (80 Books).
1611 AD: The King James Bible- Ordered by King James the First, it was third English Language Bible authorized for use by the Church of England. This beloved translation has been in continuous print to this day. With over a billion copies printed, it far surpasses that of any book in history. Originally printed with all 80 books.
1628 AD: The first New Testament is printed at Edinburgh, Scotland.
1629 AD: The first King James Bible printed at Cambridge- Without formal authorization from the Crown, scholars at the University of Cambridge undertook a minor revision seeking to correct spelling and punctuation and removing printers’ errors.
1633 AD: The first complete King James Bible is printed at Edinburgh.
1638 AD: The second folio of the King James Bible printed at Cambridge- This was a continuation of the revision begun in 1629 and remained the text of the KJV for the next 124 years.
1640 AD: The first English Bible to deliberately omit the Apocrypha- A folio edition of the Geneva Bible is printed at Amsterdam.
1644 AD: The last seventeenth century Geneva Bible- Also a folio edition printed at Amsterdam. After nearly a century and being printed in several editions and foreign languages, the beloved translation of the Pilgrims and of Shakespeare is eclipsed by the ever popular King James Version. The final London printing occurred in 1616 and, at the same time, the first KJV lectern folio was produced.
1647 AD: The first Bible printed by The Company of Stationers- Usually reserved for the King’s printers, this King James Bible was printed during the turmoil of the English Civil War.
1652 AD: The first Bible printed in which the Parliament is mentioned on the title page and with the King James dedication page omitted. It was printed by John Field just prior the protectorate of Oliver Cromwell. Field would serve as printer to the parliament and then in 1655 as printer to the University of Cambridge.
1675 AD: First Bible printed at Oxford- This King James Bible was printed by the Oxford University Press at the Sheldonian Theater. A charter was granted to the University by King Charles the First in 1633 to print all manners of books, but it took another 42 years for their first Bible to appear.
1714 AD: The first King James Bible printed in Ireland- Printed in Dublin by Binauld and Dobson. It has been asserted that James Blow had printed a Bible in Belfast in 1704, but no surviving examples are known to exist.
1762 AD: King James Bible printed at Cambridge by Dr. F.S. Paris- The first serious attempt to correct the text of the beloved 1611 King James’ Version by amending the spelling and punctuation, unifying and extending the use of italics, and removing printers’ errors.
1769 AD: The Oxford Standard Edition of the 1611 King James Bible- a careful continuation of Dr. Paris’ work by Dr. Benjamin Blayney using the 1755 Johnson Dictionary.
1782 AD: Robert Aitken’s Bible- The First English Language Bible (KJV) Printed in America.
1791 AD: Isaac Collins and Isaiah Thomas Respectively Produce the First Family Bible and First Illustrated Bible Printed in America. Both were King James Versions, with All 80 Books.
1800 AD: The Macklin Bible- Printed in London by Thomas Bensley for Thomas Macklin, this work is considered the largest Bible ever produced in mass with movable type on a letterpress. This edition was issued as a 7 , 8 or 9 volume set measuring nearly 20 inches tall and 16 inches deep and weighed over 125 pounds. It was embellished with 70 engravings by several British artists and costing over 30,000 pounds sterling to produce.
1808 AD: Jane Aitken’s Bible- The first Bible to be printed by a woman who was also the daughter of Robert Aitken.
1833 AD: Noah Webster’s Bible- After producing his famous dictionary, Webster printed his own revision of the King James Bible.
1841 AD: English Hexapla New Testament- An early textual comparison showing the Greek and 6 famous English translations in parallel columns: Wycliffe 1380, Tyndale 1534, Great Bible 1539, Geneva N.T. 1557, Rheims 1582 and KJV 1611.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gutenberg Bible was not printed only 100 copies until about 1454. Not many people could even afoard to buy a copy. A handwritten copy cost about $3,000.

1382 AD: John Wycliffe, The Morning Star of the Reformation, is the first person to produce a manuscript copy of the complete Bible; all 80 Books.
1450 AD: Johannes Gutenberg invents the printing press and utilizes movable type. Books may now be mass-produced instead of individually hand-written. The first book ever printed is Gutenberg’s Bible in Latin.
1516 AD: Desiderius Erasmus produces a Greek/Latin Parallel New Testament.
1522 AD: Martin Luther produces his German New Testament.
1525 AD: William Tyndale begins printing the New Testament at Cologne, Germany. His work was interrupted after completing just the first 21 chapters of Matthew and was forced to flee persecution to Worms, Germany.
1526 AD: William Tyndale completes his New Testament being the first ever printed in the English Language.
1535 AD: Myles Coverdale’s Bible- The first complete Bible is printed in the English Language. (80 Books: O.T. & N.T. & Apocrypha).
1537 AD: Tyndale-Matthews Bible- The second complete Bible is printed in English. It was produced under the pseudonym of “Thomas Matthew” by John Rogers to avoid persecution. (80 Books).
1539 AD: The Great Bible- Ordered by King Henry the Eighth, also known as the chained Bible. (80 Books).
1560 AD: The Geneva Bible – The first English Language Bible to include both verse and chapter numbers and the first to include printed marginal notes thus creating the first study Bible. Translated by Reformation Fathers while in exile in Switzerland escaping the persecution of England’s Bloody Queen Mary. (80 Books)
1568 AD: The Bishops Bible- Ordered by Queen Elizabeth the First in response to the sometimes thorny marginal notes of the Geneva Bible. The 1602 edition would be used as the foundation for the forthcoming King James Version. (80 Books).
1582 AD: The Rheims New Testament- English Catholic scholars fled from the ascension of protestant Queen Elizabeth to the throne in 1558 and translate the New Testament from the Latin Vulgate.
1609 AD: The Douay Old Testament- Delayed due to lack of funding, the Old Testament is at last added to the 1582 Rheims New Testament making the first complete English Catholic Bible translated from the Latin Vulgate (80 Books).
1611 AD: The King James Bible- Ordered by King James the First, it was third English Language Bible authorized for use by the Church of England. This beloved translation has been in continuous print to this day. With over a billion copies printed, it far surpasses that of any book in history. Originally printed with all 80 books.
1628 AD: The first New Testament is printed at Edinburgh, Scotland.
1629 AD: The first King James Bible printed at Cambridge- Without formal authorization from the Crown, scholars at the University of Cambridge undertook a minor revision seeking to correct spelling and punctuation and removing printers’ errors.
1633 AD: The first complete King James Bible is printed at Edinburgh.
1638 AD: The second folio of the King James Bible printed at Cambridge- This was a continuation of the revision begun in 1629 and remained the text of the KJV for the next 124 years.
1640 AD: The first English Bible to deliberately omit the Apocrypha- A folio edition of the Geneva Bible is printed at Amsterdam.
1644 AD: The last seventeenth century Geneva Bible- Also a folio edition printed at Amsterdam. After nearly a century and being printed in several editions and foreign languages, the beloved translation of the Pilgrims and of Shakespeare is eclipsed by the ever popular King James Version. The final London printing occurred in 1616 and, at the same time, the first KJV lectern folio was produced.
1647 AD: The first Bible printed by The Company of Stationers- Usually reserved for the King’s printers, this King James Bible was printed during the turmoil of the English Civil War.
1652 AD: The first Bible printed in which the Parliament is mentioned on the title page and with the King James dedication page omitted. It was printed by John Field just prior the protectorate of Oliver Cromwell. Field would serve as printer to the parliament and then in 1655 as printer to the University of Cambridge.
1675 AD: First Bible printed at Oxford- This King James Bible was printed by the Oxford University Press at the Sheldonian Theater. A charter was granted to the University by King Charles the First in 1633 to print all manners of books, but it took another 42 years for their first Bible to appear.
1714 AD: The first King James Bible printed in Ireland- Printed in Dublin by Binauld and Dobson. It has been asserted that James Blow had printed a Bible in Belfast in 1704, but no surviving examples are known to exist.
1762 AD: King James Bible printed at Cambridge by Dr. F.S. Paris- The first serious attempt to correct the text of the beloved 1611 King James’ Version by amending the spelling and punctuation, unifying and extending the use of italics, and removing printers’ errors.
1769 AD: The Oxford Standard Edition of the 1611 King James Bible- a careful continuation of Dr. Paris’ work by Dr. Benjamin Blayney using the 1755 Johnson Dictionary.
1782 AD: Robert Aitken’s Bible- The First English Language Bible (KJV) Printed in America.
1791 AD: Isaac Collins and Isaiah Thomas Respectively Produce the First Family Bible and First Illustrated Bible Printed in America. Both were King James Versions, with All 80 Books.
1800 AD: The Macklin Bible- Printed in London by Thomas Bensley for Thomas Macklin, this work is considered the largest Bible ever produced in mass with movable type on a letterpress. This edition was issued as a 7 , 8 or 9 volume set measuring nearly 20 inches tall and 16 inches deep and weighed over 125 pounds. It was embellished with 70 engravings by several British artists and costing over 30,000 pounds sterling to produce.
1808 AD: Jane Aitken’s Bible- The first Bible to be printed by a woman who was also the daughter of Robert Aitken.
1833 AD: Noah Webster’s Bible- After producing his famous dictionary, Webster printed his own revision of the King James Bible.
1841 AD: English Hexapla New Testament- An early textual comparison showing the Greek and 6 famous English translations in parallel columns: Wycliffe 1380, Tyndale 1534, Great Bible 1539, Geneva N.T. 1557, Rheims 1582 and KJV 1611.
Good printing history there my friend. You will perhaps before long shed you designation as, Learner, so as to take on a new one, Teacher.