Was God.....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an interesting claim. Is this more mistaking of thoughts & beliefs directly experienced, as that of ‘others’?

Could you copy & paste what Jesus said about Hinduism or Buddism here?
You aren't familar with Christianity if you ask that question.
Jesus did not leave any options open to other ways to follow to get to God.
He said, "I am the way" ... "no one comes to the Father but by Me".
Hinduism and Buddhism teach contrary beliefs about life and death. Reincarnation is not taight in the Bible. There is one life, one death and then the judgment. We can only be saved by the blood of Christ - faith in Him, no one else.
One cannot play neutral with these religions and accept all, like the Bahai. The New World Order has pursued an ecumenical movement to accept all religions or combine them into one. Not possible, they'll try.
The God of the Bible is not like Brahma or Allah. Buddha did not even believe in God. He saw pain and suffering and practiced mind, behavior control, meditation to eliviate it, to be one with nature and everyone. There is nothing wrong with trying to be in harmony with nature and everyone, self control, seeking peaceful solutions, Christians also practice that. It is the vertical concept of God and having a relationship with Him is what's drastically different and actually non-existant.
I remember a Pastor saying once that we find similarities in all religions, ways of living, common understanding of good and evil, right and wrong, values, morals, etc. But one thing that
stands out and separates all of them from Christianity is not so much about beliefs, it is a person, Jesus.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You aren't familar with Christianity if you ask that question.
Jesus did not leave any options open to other ways to follow to get to God.
He said, "I am the way" ... "no one comes to the Father but by Me".
Indeed. I am the way. No one comes to the Father but by Me.

Hinduism and Buddhism teach contrary beliefs about life and death. Reincarnation is not taight in the Bible. There is one life, one death and then the judgment. We can only be saved by the blood of Christ - faith in Him, no one else.
One cannot play neutral with these religions and accept all, like the Bahai. The New World Order has pursued an ecumenical movement to accept all religions or combine them into one. Not possible, they'll try.
The God of the Bible is not like Brahma or Allah. Buddha did not even believe in God. He saw pain and suffering and practiced mind, behavior control, meditation to eliviate it, to be one with nature and everyone. There is nothing wrong with trying to be in harmony with nature and everyone, self control, seeking peaceful solutions, Christians also practice that. It is the vertical concept of God and having a relationship with Him is what's drastically different and actually non-existant.
I remember a Pastor saying once that we find similarities in all religions, ways of living, common understanding of good and evil, right and wrong, values, morals, etc. But one thing that
stands out and separates all of them from Christianity is not so much about beliefs, it is a person, Jesus.
Buddha isn’t a name. Buddha means enlightened one. How could the enlightened one believe in any thing?
That would be an oxymoron.
Infinite can not know finite.

Interesting you use Jesus’s name to separate, when he spoke so clearly & passionately of unity & Truth.
“I am the way. No one comes to the Father but by Me.”

Before Abraham was born, I am!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Buddha isn’t a name. Buddha means enlightened one. How could the enlightened one believe in any thing?
Okay, Siddhartha Gautama. Many are called enlightened, prophets, sent by God. Jesus calls them all liars. The knowledge of God passed down through the generatiins and certainly became distorted. This is why God chose a nation, Israel, and true prophets from which we were to receive the truth and ultimately Jesus.
Satan is the Father of lies and he has deceived many, creating false religions and philosphies, atheism, very cleverly. His main purpose in this is to lead people away from Christ, offering many ways to God, when theree is only one. All false religions, mysticism, Astrology, the occult all were generated in Babylon and spread throughout the world, evolving and later being established. It is amazing how one seed can grow into a tree and produce bad fruit.
Indeed. I am the way. No one comes to the Father but by Me
Don't get slippery. Just to be clear, you aren't saying you are the way. Jesus is, no one else.
Siddhartha Gautama
Interesting you use Jesus’s name to separate, when he spoke so clearly & passionately of unity & Truth.
“I am the way. No one comes to the Father but by Me.”
In Him, we are to be united. But He also said He came to divide and clearly the world is asked the most important question i life, Do you believe in Jesus or not?

Last edited:

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus calls them all liars.
I suspect you do the same thing with Jesus that you are with me. Any evidence that Jesus actually said that?

Many are called enlightened, prophets, sent by God.
There’s no “many” in enlightenment.

This is why God chose a nation, Israel, and true prophets from which we were to receive the truth and ultimately Jesus.
Is Real. You might be caught up in theory & concept, missing the obvious, what’s right in front of you so to speak.

Satan is the Father of lies and he has deceived many, creating false religions and philosphies, atheism, very cleverly. His main purpose in this is to lead people away from Christ, offering many ways to God, when theree is only one. All false religions, mysticism, Astrology, the occult all were generated in Babylon and spread throughout the world, evolving and later being established. It is amazing how one seed can grow into a tree and produce bad fruit.
Here as well. Projecting so much onto someone or something you’ve never actually even experienced.

In Him, we are to be united. But He also said He came to divide and clearly the world is asked the most important question i life, Do you believe in Jesus or not?
Such a heavy paraphrase. Not to divide, as in ‘other’ in the demeaning, belittling manor you purport. Only that The Truth could be recognized. I couldn’t agree more, I didn’t come to bring the peace either. Therein I say again my friend, beliefs are thoughts. Look to the moon.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Projecting so much onto someone or something you’ve never actually even experienced.
That is a zinger of a statement. Are you defending Satan? The Bible describes Satan as the Father of lies, who deceives, destroys, perpetrates evil all throughout history. Of course man is responsible, but Satan assuredly had his hand in it.
I have experienced directly temptations that you might say Satan whispered in my ear just as all of us have. This is another traditional, fundamental truth of the Bible.

Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:7-10

>> If anyone _ in any religion _ or of a spiritual _ or philosophical viewpoint _ or cult (whether they are revered to be enlightened or not), claims a spiritual path to Heaven WITHOUT directly pointing to the only essential source of life itself, the Savior/Messiah, Jesus _ as the way to God _ and eternal life ________ is a liar and a thief.

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

Romans 3:4
Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar..."

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if unicorns exist in the spiritual eternal realm?
“Spiritual eternal realm” is a unicorn, same for “antichrist” & “the devil”.

It’s similar to how you thought Jesus disagreed with Hinduism & Buddhism, but then realized Jesus said no such thing, the pastor did. It’s innocently believing what someone said and mistaking it for truth. “Spiritual eternal realm” is terminology, which innocently becomes believed, and is believed to define perception. But it never actually did or could.

“Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar..."

That’s what I’m saying too. But innocence is inherent, so “liars” isn’t exactly accurate. Ignorance, or, it’s just that The Truth forgets that it is The Truth, and also can’t be spoken.

Similarly, “If I speak I tell a lie, but if I remain silent I am a coward”.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual eternal realm” is a unicorn, same for “antichrist” & “the devil”.
Heaven is the spiritual realm. If you don't believe that Heaven a perfect spirtual reality that all Christian inherit exists, then what are we saved from? What is this eternal life that Jesus promised?
The Bible teaches that antichristd and devils exist. Actually the religious beliefs and philosphies that claim devil doesn't are of Satan. He would prefer that you think that, that he doesn't exist - then he's got you!

I am beginning to think that you don't have faith at all and are a tare who enters into the fold to derail Christians, dismantle and distort scripture with your abstract philosophy.
If so, it won't work

I could be wrong.
>> Why don't share your testimony of faith, the circumstances that led you to receiving Jesus as your Lord and Savior, your salvation - and particularly what that means to you. The Father draws us to himself with all of us having experienced it differently, so it's unique. You were drawn to the Word, to Jesus ... HOW?
? ??

Last edited:

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven is the spiritual realm. If you don't believe that Heaven a perfect spirtual reality that all Christian inherit exists, then what are we saved from?
Believing this isn’t heaven.

What is this eternal life that Jesus promised?
The Bible teaches that antichristd and devils exist. Actually the religious beliefs and philosphies that claim devil doesn't are of Satan. He would prefer that you think that, that he doesn't exist - then he's got you!
How many life you believing there are?

I am beginning to think that you don't have faith at all and are a tare who enters into the fold to derail Christians, dismantle and distort scripture with your abstract philosophy.
If so, it won't work
You’re free to think, assume, believe and say whatever you want about me, but you’re feeling all of it as you do.

I could be wrong.
>> Why don't share your testimony of faith, the circumstances that led you to receiving Jesus as your Lord and Savior, your salvation - and particularly what that means to you. The Father draws us to himself with all of us having experienced it differently, so it's unique. You were drawn to the Word, to Jesus ... HOW?
? ??
Forgetting, and curiosity.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How many life you believing there are?

You’re free to think, assume, believe and say whatever you want about me, but you’re feeling all of it as you do.

Forgetting, and curiosity.
Don't want to share your testimony? Why?
Most Christians are happy to.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't want to share your testimony? Why?
Most Christians are happy to.
I just did. I was curious if there was an absolute truth, curious about what religion and science were talking about. Rather than acquiring beliefs, I inspected, investigated, got to the very bottom of things. I simple forgot and was curious, because I forgot. But I didn’t know what I forgot initially.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, if someone tells you about a place and you believe it exists, that belief isn't the place. You must trust the person is telling you the truth. He promises to take you there. Then you must have FAITH.
Jesus gave us this faith to believe.
We believe in Him, all that He did and so believe in the promised land as the Israelites did. Christians are in the kingdom of heaven, we just can't see it. But we commune with God and others in this spiritual realm. It's real. Remember truth is reality. Christians see the light, just not visually yet. Some have actually experienced heaven, been there and have come back to tell about it. John's account in Revelation is just that. I hqve read several accounts of people who have had either visions or their souls left their bodies and saw heaven.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I want to know other ideas, that's why :rolleyes: friendly jk. I don't want to say this about God, but that's all I could come up w/ and I would say it's ok for God to be not all-knowing or not all-intelligent. I would like to know other ideas that can be better than mine that would solve it better than me perhaps.
fwiw there is no "fall" anywhere in the Bible idt; that is strickly our perspective

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, if someone tells you about a place and you believe it exists, that belief isn't the place. You must trust the person is telling you the truth.
No one told me Disney World exists. I chose to go see, to actually find out for myself. The concept or matter of trust or trusting never even crossed my mind on the greatest adventure that could ever be.

He promises to take you there. Then you must faith.
Jesus gave us this faith to believe.
Likewise, as Disney World, beliefs about a Disney World simply don’t arise.

We believe in Him, all that He did and so believe in the promised land as the Israelites did. Christians are in the kingdom of heaven, we just can't see it. But we commune with God and others in this spiritual realm. It's real. Remember truth is reality. Christians see the light, just not visually yet. Some have actually experienced heaven, been there and have come back to tell about it. John's account in Revelation is just that. I hqve read several accounts of people who have had either visions or their souls left their bodies and saw heaven.
“If someone tells you about a place and you believe it exists, that belief isn't the place.”

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just did. I was curious if there was an absolute truth, curious about what religion and science were talking about. Rather than acquiring beliefs, I inspected, investigated, got to the very bottom of things. I simple forgot and was curious, because I forgot. But I didn’t know what I forgot initially.
And the very bottom of things was ...
Jesus is the way and the truth and the life ... LORD?

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the very bottom of things was ...
Jesus is the way and the truth and the life ... LORD?
“If someone tells you about a place and you believe it exists, that belief isn't the place.”

If the Truth could be spoken, I’d tell it to you. I can say this, being without the pride is like having taken off & put down a hundred pound armor I wasn’t even aware I had put on.

Because the Truth can not be spoken, one can help another so to speak by pointing out conflicting thoughts arising of misinterpretation.
You say “Jesus is the way and the truth and the life”.
But that’s not what Jesus said. Therein lies what was referred to as redemption.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The concept or matter of trust or trusting never even crossed my mind on the greatest adventure that could ever be.
Then what is faith, if not trusting in what God promises us.
Hebrews 11:1 tells us that "faith is substabce of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen." It is a gift, the certainty of things not yet experienced. We are confident about who Jesus is and what He promised will come to pass.
There goes your theory of requiring direct experience.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL-knowing. Was he also not all-intelligent. I concluded that God was not all-intelligent because His creation failed in what he wanted and that he's not all-knowing, that's why he didn't know it would fail. Discuss!
I see God as all intelligent and all wise. He knows how to create redemption for the failure of mankind.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then what is faith, if not trusting in what God promises us.
Hebrews 11:1 tells us that "faith is substabce of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen." It is a gift, the certainty of things not yet exlerienced. We are confident about Jesus is and what He promised will come to pass.
If you say there is a some thing, and then ask me what it is, I can only point you to the Truth. Short of seeking & finding out for yourself, it is whatever you believe it is, like I am whatever you say I am. But you pass by me everyday, and notice me not.
Hope came into play as much as trust.
There goes your theory of requiring direct experience.
Another misinterpretation. That isn’t what was said.

“They will not say ‘here it is’ or ‘there it is’…