Was God.....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL-knowing. Was he also not all-intelligent. I concluded that God was not all-intelligent because His creation failed in what he wanted and that he's not all-knowing, that's why he didn't know it would fail. Discuss!
There is no "would" in "I am."

Such an assumption is in error. That is all misunderstanding. That is nothing more than the thinking of men who believe what they do based on their own understanding. Nor has anyone who believes what you have stated, believed what is written, for all of this is answered in the scriptures.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is there to know what is infinite? By definition there isn’t “that other thing”, or, finite
See, I asked a simply question and you respond in an elusive way. Do you have a relationship with the Holy Spirit, Who dwells in every Christian. And actually thay defines whether you are a true Christian or not.
Yes or No?
Yes, the trinity, which means ultimately is of course one, and not even. Therein, another interpretation, or perhaps as it is stated without interpretation, is that ‘us’ is to believe in a plurality which doesn’t actually exist.
Are you a trinitarian or not? The answer has one word.
If there is a finite creation, by definition there isn’t an infinite being.
I’m stating there very much is, and only is, infinite being.
And of course, the illusion of ignorance
Okay, now I think I understand what you are saying, that there is only an inifinite being and therefore finite creation doesn't exist.
I disagree. Inifinite/infinity is defined as something or someone that exists having no beginning and no end.
Finite is the opposite. Oir physocal realm filled with things, beings, life all had a beginning and have an end.
The Bible begins with, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
Earth did not exist and then did. It is not eternal nor is the universe - they will have an end.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, I asked a simply question and you respond in an elusive way. Do you have a relationship with the Holy Spirit, Who dwells in every Christian. And actually thay defines whether you are a true Christian or not.
Yes or No?

Are you a trinitarian or not? The answer has one word.
You might not love my answer, but that is the answer nonetheless.

Okay, now I think I understand what you are saying, that there is only an inifinite being and therefore finite creation doesn't exist.
Exists as in seems to stand out as a concession, but not as in is finite or separate.

I disagree. Inifinite/infinity is defined as something or someone that exists having no beginning and no end.
Finite is the opposite. Oir physocal realm filled with things, beings, life all had a beginning and have an end.
The Bible begins with, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
Earth did not exist and then did. It is not eternal nor is the universe - they will have an end.
Not definitions or conceptualizations of, just direct experience. What was said also might not be in accordance with personal beliefs, but is in accordance with direct experience.

If there is something, someone, or an opposite, there isn’t infinite. That other thing would allegedly be where infinite ends and said finite thing begins.

There is an experience of the thought that there is, was, or could be a beginning, but there is no direct experience of a beginning. What actually has no beginning can not possibly have an end, as it never was.

If there’s an earth, a finite thing, then there’s no infinite. There’s no direct or actual experience of an earth not existing and then existing. There is no such actuality as nonexistence, which is precisely what the word states. Whatever is said to be nonexistent, is being said to actually, not exist. Since what is nonexistent doesn’t exist, existence can not rightfully be said to come from it In any way.

There is no past (or future), which is always verifiable now by attempting to actually go ‘there’.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might not love my answer, but that is the answer nonetheless.

Exists as in seems to stand out as a concession, but not as in is finite or separate.

Not definitions or conceptualizations of, just direct experience. What was said also might not be in accordance with personal beliefs, but is in accordance with direct experience.

If there is something, someone, or an opposite, there isn’t infinite. That other thing would allegedly be where infinite ends and said finite thing begins.

There is an experience of the thought that there is, was, or could be a beginning, but there is no direct experience of a beginning. What actually has no beginning can not possibly have an end, as it never was.

If there’s an earth, a finite thing, then there’s no infinite. There’s no direct or actual experience of an earth not existing and then existing. There is no such actuality as nonexistence, which is precisely what the word states. Whatever is said to be nonexistent, is being said to actually, not exist. Since what is nonexistent doesn’t exist, existence can not rightfully be said to come from it In any way.

There is no past (or future), which is always verifiable now by attempting to actually go ‘there’.
None of your viewpoints are at all Biblical. They are abstract , esoteric ... confused.
There are two realms of existence, a physical and spiritual. Maybe that is where you get goofed up? You cannot apply your misconstrued conceptual rules to each realm, they are not compatible. Additionally, you seem to have zero understanding of the spiritual realm. The Holy Spirit can help you with this.
THE FEAR OF THE LORD IS THE BEGINNING OF KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM. The answers that can satisfy the most brilliant minds are in thr Bible. But men still resist.

Reactions: Johann

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald David Bruno
The truth of direct experience could not possibly be more satisfying.
A finger is pointing to the moon, and you’re fixated on the finger.
Look to the moon. To what’s pointed to in what’s said.
Check your own direct experience in regard to what’s said.
If you have questions as to specifically what‘s said feel free.
Or don’t of course. Respectfully, up to you.
Much love!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your whole style of communication is not cohesive, its waffles in and out of reality.
At times it seems like a riddle, using lofty expressions. A reader (especially on this forum) should post something that people can easily read through and get without having to enter into the twilight zone, only to disciver that they really don't care to continue the journey.

We were adviced to adopt a certain style of communication in sales. - The KISS principal --- Keep It Simple Stupid. Don't get to complicated. Don't pretend to sound intelligent. You aren't Socrates. Intelligence is the ability to solve problems. If you can't understand a simple scripture, well you need to ask for the Holy Spirit's help. Do you know who He is?
Lol! Ditto
J.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald David Bruno
The truth of direct experience could not possibly be more satisfying.
A finger is pointing to the moon, and you’re fixated on the finger.
Look to the moon. To what’s pointed to in what’s said.
Check your own direct experience in regard to what’s said.
If you have questions as to specifically what‘s said feel free.
Or don’t of course. Respectfully, up to you.
Much love!
Your philosophy should be in the unorthodox section, not Biblical theology. And maybe you should just put everything on the table and be transparent, state what you really believe. I didn't read anything in your posts about referencing scripture, God, Jesus or common Biblical principals, you just went off into this strange philosphy.

>> I am curious; are you a student of Rupert Spira???
He talks about this infinite consciousness, (what we perceive to call God), common concepts in Buddhism and Hinduism. Btw, a spirit filled Christian won't get lured into this philosophy and be deceived.
Anyways, I hope you haven't been duped by Rupert Spira, a lost empty vessel. Follow Jesus, He is The Way, the Truth and the Life.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald David Bruno
Direct experience isn’t philosophical or theoretical, and It doesn’t seem that you are able to converse about actual experience. For some reason it seems you’re fixated on only talking about me. Why is that?

If you have any questions on what was said, feel free.
Much love!

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, you're still missing it. Jesus chose to be the sacrifice before the foundations of the world were framed. He knew man would fall, and He counted the cost and Jesus was foreordained before the foundation of the world to be the sacrifice that brought us back to the Father.

1 Peter 1:19-20
[19]But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
[20]Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Revelation 13:8-9
[8]And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

[9]If any man have an ear, let him hear.
T, that is the perfect set of verses to show that the Fall was part of the Plan all along.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your philosophy should be in the unorthodox section, not Biblical theology. And maybe you should just put everything on the table and be transparent, state what you really believe. I didn't read anything in your posts about referencing scripture, God, Jesus or common Biblical principals, you just went off into this strange philosphy.

>> I am curious; are you a student of Rupert Spira???
He talks about this infinite consciousness, (what we perceive to call God), common concepts in Buddhism and Hinduism. Btw, a spirit filled Christian won't get lured into this philosophy and be deceived.
Anyways, I hope you haven't been duped by Rupert Spira, a lost empty vessel. Follow Jesus, He is The Way, the Truth and the Life.
Just listened to a few Rupert Spira videos, thank you.

Can‘t help but wonder, what is it he specifically said which you are in disagreement with?
Similar to this convo, I’m interested not in your reinterpretation of what was said, but on what was actually said.
Also simpatico with this convo, if you are able to refrain from projecting personal accusations, that would de-clutter the reasoning and conversation greatly.

Perhaps you could share a video of his here which you disagree with, and we could conscientiously enjoy a discussion?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald David Bruno
Direct experience isn’t philosophical or theoretical, and It doesn’t seem that you are able to converse about actual experience. For some reason it seems you’re fixated on only talking about me. Why is that?

If you have any questions on what was said, feel free.
Much love!
It is your view, your perception of reality and its outside the Biblical view. And you don't answer simple direct questions, like: Do you know the Holy Spirit? You're elusive ... so hiding something.
You said: "The truth of direct experience could not possibly be more satisfying."
Well what we experience directly in this life, is no where as satisfying as our existence will be in Heaven. What has been prepared for us is sn eternal life without evil, perfect. We experience only moments of perfect and it is wonferful; but imagine perfection all the time, no pain, no sufferring, no evil, pure love ib its fullness.

What is truth to you?

I'll tell you what it means to me.
Truth means reality, what is real.
Jesus said, I am the Truth, the Way and the Life; the Good Shepherd; the Bread of Life; the Door; the Vine; the Light; the Resurrection, the Alpha amd Omega.
He is God.
In Him all things consist, (are held together). That means every atom in the universe.
He is the Creator (Col. 1:16, 17).

Beyond our physical realm which He holds together, there is a spiritual realm, Heaven, outside the laws of physics and time, but the true reality. Our physical realm is temporal, a mock trial on a tainted, malignant planet purposed to educate us about good and evil, connect us to God and prepare us for an upgrade, new multi-dimensional spiritual bodies and Heaven, a perfect eternal dwelling place.
I have been connected to God, reconciled ... He lives in me. So I have a direct experiential relationship with the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
His promises for my future have not been directly fulfulled
I am in the Kingdom of Heaven but not yet fully redeemed.
The death and resurrection of Jesus opened the door for all believers to enter into this new unfamiliar state and realm in which we begin to grow to be like Him until we will finally separate from our earthly bodies and enter into a glorious state. It will be better than anything directly experienced now.
So our current experiences are only part of the truth. We live in "the already but not yet" tension between two realms.
We all hope and yean for perfect eternal life without all this evil.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is your view, your perception of reality
Thoughts & perception are a bit confused here, mixed, or believed to be intermingled, though direct experience reveals this isnot actually the case.

Thought is never perceived.
Perception is never thought, as in thunk as it were.
Again, double check direct experience.
See this directly.
Likewise, there is no actual experience of a pluralization of ‘moment’.
There is only the thought.

There is nothing “beyond” direct experience.

Though ye contest, accuse, demean and belittle in personal strife; philosophy & theory is not being offered here.
The obsession with me is flattering, but the truth can not be found in nor come from ye.
Ye is no more than a pointing finger; hollow as a road sign.

Again, there is no past. Only the thought of, now.
Actually check and see.
Attempt to actually go to the past (or future), and come back and tell us how it was.

Likewise, there are no “states”; sans the thought, believed.

What’s being said seems to repeatedly be met by reactionary deflection… ‘our current experiences’ is not what’s said here.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just listened to a few Rupert Spira videos, thank you.

Can‘t help but wonder, what is it he specifically said which you are in disagreement with?
Similar to this convo, I’m interested not in your reinterpretation of what was said, but on what was actually said.
Also simpatico with this convo, if you are able to refrain from projecting personal accusations, that would de-clutter the reasoning and conversation greatly.

Perhaps you could share a video of his here which you disagree with, and we could conscientiously enjoy a discussion?
Ah, see you didn't deny that you listen to/ follow this guru. By saying you just listened to a couple teachings, does not mean you never did, it's again elusive. And then, (as a supposed Christian which you identified yourself as in your profile), you don't seem to disagree with his philosphy and want to open up a discussion about his teachings.
These are Hindu/ Buddhist based teachings ... the collective consciousness ... God is everything ... I Am God, etc.
These are false religions. Just by looking at this guy, you don't see light, love, joy, he is like a sedated possessed soul sent out by Satan to deceive, lead people away from the truth. Lots of folks in our generarion have been lured into Buddhism and Hinduism, these religions have spreading for decades in the USA.
Actually is started 50+ years ago.
No thanks, that topic can be opened in Mon-Christian section.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thoughts & perception are a bit confused here, mixed, or believed to be intermingled, though direct experience reveals this isnot actually the case.

Thought is never perceived.
Perception is never thought, as in thunk as it were.
Again, double check direct experience.
See this directly.
Likewise, there is no actual experience of a pluralization of ‘moment’.
There is only the thought.

There is nothing “beyond” direct experience.

Though ye contest, accuse, demean and belittle in personal strife; philosophy & theory is not being offered here.
The obsession with me is flattering, but the truth can not be found in nor come from ye.
Ye is no more than a pointing finger; hollow as a road sign.
Sorry, this is the Christian Theology forum. The thread has been detailed into the Twilight Zone, I'm done.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, see you didn't deny that you listen to/ follow this guru. By saying you just listened to a couple teachings, does not mean you never did, it's again elusive. And then, (as a supposed Christian which you identified yourself as in your profile), you don't seem to disagree with his philosphy and want to open up a discussion about his teachings.
These are Hindu/ Buddhist based teachings ... the collective consciousness ... God is everything ... I Am God, etc.
These are false religions. Just by looking at this guy, you don't see light, love, joy, he is like a sedated possessed soul sent out by Satan to deceive, lead people away from the truth. Lots of folks in our generarion have been lured into Buddhism and Hinduism, these religions have spreading for decades in the USA.
Actually is started 50+ years ago.
No thanks, that topic can be opened in Mon-Christian section.
Sorry if that wasn’t clear enough... I’ll literally spell it out for ye:

I do not listen to or follow any “guru’s”.

I do not believe in, subscribe to, nor share Hinduism or Buddhism.

Why would anyone ever disagree with a philosophy?
Every one is free to believe, are ye not?

This fascination with me is odd at this point. Why deviate from the topic at hand, the convo?

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nor do I disagree with any of them.
Jesus does. Actually He is about ready to destroy all false religions, philosophies and people who reject Him in His wrath. I'd say He is in disagreement with many.

Last edited: