Was Jesus 'mortal' or 'immortal' ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Seeing how “Jesus” was born, and later died…

I’m going to go with mortal.
Apparently He did, but what did Isaiah chapter 53 in context write why He died ?

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
? He has no beginning OR Ending.
That's your own assumption, thinking you're doing favor for Jesus to excel Him beyond who He is, but not.
Taken:

Conception per Human’s is a Human male seed internally fertilizing a Human female egg in her Fallopian tube.
Once the egg is fertilized, by deign the fertilized egg travels to her womb, develops and is surrounded with a placenta that attaches to the females uterine (womb) wall.
The female is tHEN called “conceived” (ie pregnant).

Mary was notified she would be conceived…(pregnant) by the power of the Holy Spirit…
Not that the Holy Spirit would engage in Conception of fertilizing her Egg.
And scripture reiterates…that FACT.

So, Joseph provided the seed then to Mary for her to conceive, you didn't have to go there even?

Apparently, there was an intervention of GOD through the power of the Holy Spirit, to provide for the development. (Psalms ch.139:13-16)
John 1:
[13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man,
but of God.
Read the context, this quote has nothing to do with Jesus' birth, but rather born again believers'.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
@Fred J, in the end I come to my own conclusion.

The Word of God came down from heaven born of flesh, and that flesh died. The Word of God within never died. Never experienced death, the flesh however did.
It is not that the spirit of Jesus completely detached from His truly human body and soul that faced death.

But rather, on the third day, together His body, soul and spirit rose again, and remain here on earth for 40 days.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's your own assumption, thinking you're doing favor for Jesus to excel Him beyond who He is, but not.

Not my words, Not my assumption…
Thus my questioning your statement.
You own it, not me.

So, Joseph provided the seed then to Mary for her to conceive,

Disagree.

you didn't have to go there even?

You are bringing up “Joseph”, not me. :rolleyes:

Apparently, there was an intervention of GOD through the power of the Holy Spirit, to provide for the development. (Psalms ch.139:13-16)

God Gives His seed to whom He pleases.
God Gives every seed it’s own body.

Read the context, this quote has nothing to do with Jesus' birth, but rather born again believers'.

Very strange,

Quote repeated:
John 1:
[13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man,
but of God.

Uh…IN CONTEXT, that quote is PRECISELY about Jesus…as the preceding text reveals;
John 1:1 the word of God
John 1:2 the Light
John 1:10 the world was MADE BY Him.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not that the spirit of Jesus completely detached from His truly human body and soul that faced death.
Not only is there the Spirit of Christ, there is the Spirit of Yahava.

I believe Jesus died, and his body was accepted for being perfect in it had not been corrupted, but Jesus soul or spirit traveled to Hell.

Yahava rose Jesus up, by his life giving Spirit, and the body Jesus had while it is seen and stayed with the disciples by and through faith.

The reason a body was needed was to show that the resurrection is true, and that the covenant which was made by God with himself has been completed and everything after Jesus ascended continued to a close until Jesus had come back.
But rather, on the third day, together His body, soul and spirit rose again, and remain here on earth for 40 days.

That body wasn’t flowing with blood anymore. Blood and Jesus death was the end to a means which needed to be done in order to restore what Adam had lost.

Would you say Jesus had blood flowing through him? Or was it Yahava in and through Christ by his spirit continued to give Him life?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be my view.
You guys see God different than the Scriptures do. There was nobody in the entire Old Testament that ever spit or beat up God. You were dead if you even walked in the wrong room in the Temple. Or even touched the Ark. And you sure would be toast if you even dropped it. Nobody ever messed with God. There is no place where it is said of God that he humbled himself. Or let someone beat Him up. There is no language like that anywhere when referring to the God of the Bible..

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys see God different than the Scriptures do. There was nobody in the entire Old Testament that ever spit or beat up God. You were dead if you even walked in the wrong room in the Temple. Or even touched the Ark. And you sure would be toast if you even dropped it. Nobody ever messed with God. There is no place where it is said of God that he humbled himself. Or let someone beat Him up. There is no language like that anywhere when referring to the God of the Bible..
Jesus washed the feet of his disciples, you might remember.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Disagree.
We need not your medical explanation, this shows how you can be 'Taken' away in your replies.
You are bringing up “Joseph”, not me. :rolleyes:
Due to your medical explanation.

God Gives His seed to whom He pleases.
God Gives every seed it’s own body.
No need to add to what i've already said, apparently get 'Taken' away again.

Very strange,

Quote repeated:
John 1:
but of God.
Very strange are you who are mixed up, when Jesus is from the blood line of king David. Have you forgotten the linage of Jesus in Matthew and Luke ?

You plainly ignore the verse before to make the context. The advice is, teach yourself before you become a reliable witness of the Word.

Thank you.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Not only is there the Spirit of Christ, there is the Spirit of Yahava.
And, which spirit did Jesus surrender up to the FATHER, when He was on the Cross and about His last breath ?

And, the Holy Spirit power and comforter was no longer in Jesus. That's why, Jesus cried out on the Cross, "ELOI, ELOI, lama sabachthani ?"
Would you say Jesus had blood flowing through him?
Do you have scripture quote to support that ?
Or was it Yahava in and through Christ by his spirit continued to give Him life?
Life was in Jesus as He rose from the dead in victory, and His spirit returned. And, the Holy Spirit on the other hand returned, as the power to raise, to comfort, to protect, and as a covering for Jesus, as the Spirit was for Mary and believers.

While, GOD in all of this, as it is written, HE apparently which art in Heaven and which is in secret.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, which spirit did Jesus surrender up to the FATHER, when He was on the Cross and about His last breath ?
The Christ in Jesus.
And, the Holy Spirit power and comforter was no longer in Jesus. That's why, Jesus cried out on the Cross, "ELOI, ELOI, lama sabachthani ?"
The Christ in Jesus left. Yes.
Do you have scripture quote to support that?
Can you say there was blood?
Life was in Jesus as He rose from the dead in victory, and His spirit returned. And, the Holy Spirit on the other hand returned, as the power to raise, to comfort, to protect, and as a covering for Jesus, as the Spirit was for Mary and believers.
Life but what was the life coming from? Blood when Jesus is risen? Or was it the life giving spirit of God?
While, GOD in all of this, as it is written, HE apparently which art in Heaven and which is in secret.
Revealed now today by the Revelation?

Thank you.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need not your medical explanation, this shows how you can be 'Taken' away in your replies.

Due to your medical explanation.

John 3
[12] If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Very strange are you who are mixed up, when Jesus is from the blood line of king David. Have you forgotten the linage of Jesus in Matthew and Luke ?

The strange thing is…there is a parallel YET express Difference between what is Natural and what is Spiritual but that which SPIRITUAL has the POWER to APPEAR in the LIKENESS AS A MAN YET REMAIN A SPIRIT.

John 1 IS about Jesus…
Jesus was NOT born by the will or blood of man.
Jesus was born … Came forth out From God….and Jesus Himself SAID SO.
God Doesn’t have BABIES, He comes forth out from Himself, Purposing IN Himself to Accomplish HIS WILL BE DONE, Restoring His People unto Him, Adopting the Willing and Faithful unto Him, and Separating Himself and His People from those who reject Him.

John 16:
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

You plainly ignore the verse before to make the context.

I don’t need to quote the entire text of John 1…..a diligent person SHOULD know….
John 1 IS: about …. The word of God, The Light of the world, He came among His own (Jews), He made the world, He was NOT MADE by the blood, effort, will of man, BUT was SENT forth out from God, (in God, sent out…uh born of God), to where God Sent Him!…
surprise …. Sent to An undefiled VIRGIN WOMB! … of a woman betrothed to a man of the House of David….ta da…a legal heir to Kind David’s everlasting throne, and legal heir to Abraham’s Promised Land…..HOW WISE of God to always BE PREPARING… Even Jesus’ Kingdom and Throne for His upcoming 1,000 year reign…!!!

Glory to God,
Taken

Status
Not open for further replies.