Was Noah “saved by grace through faith”?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have to make sense of any of this, not according to human wisdom, which is faulty. God made all of this very clear in the Bible. All I have to do is believe what He has said.
Tell us all why Paul wrote in Romans that sin entered the world by Adam when it was Eve who ate first. If it's so clear to you in the Bible, explain it to us all.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can keep imagining how much holier you are than other people -- and that too should alert you to your own state of mind. People who make accusations like that do incline to the satanic. Satan is the great accuser.

This is not a matter of my holiness. I am a sinner saved by grace like every other believer! Now who is accusing whom??

You also said God knew Adam would eat of the fruit. The Bible does not say that.

In other words, you think God allowed Adam to be tempted beyond what he could bear?

Do you agree that God is omniscient? This means that He knows EVERYTHING!

The Bible says that Eve was deceived by the devil. We are not told why Adam disobeyed God's command knowing that he was disobeying.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell us all why Paul wrote in Romans that sin entered the world by Adam when it was Eve who ate first. If it's so clear to you in the Bible, explain it to us all.

I already did. God gave the command directly to ADAM not to eat from the tree. We are told that Eve was deceived, but Adam knowingly disobeyed God's direct order to him.

Genesis 2:16-17-- And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree of the garden, but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for on the day you eat from it, you will certainly die.”

2 Corinthians 11:3--I am afraid, however, that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may be led astray from your simple and pure devotion to Christ.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is the great accuser.

Personally I thought your earlier post on either way Adam would have been disobedient....gave a lot to be considered. love bears and one must consider the word says the strong are to bear those who are weak. this is seen in Christ when virtue went out from Him when touched by those weaker. Pertaining to a husband and the wife as the weaker vessels...a question I have is what if Adam did not eat of the fruit ...would the woman have been covered by the man’s obedience? The strength and power of the head given to that which was weak in temptation? Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Quoted your comment of “Satan is the great accuser.” The accuser has entered within mankind. Maybe we don’t consider fully what happened when instead of covering Eve with strength, power, and virtue, Adam not only took of the fruit and ate but “accused”. Genesis 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

This shows up in addicts having a tendency to shift blame to someone else. So-and-so bought it for them, or gave it to them otherwise they would not have done it...somehow the fault gets shifted. we would not called blame shifting good. Even worse to imply it was God’s fault because Adam was given a defective woman. What happened when Adam ate of the fruit ...was the seed of the serpent not also within him? In Adams belly, growing into accusations even before God came and called for him? Agree with you that if Adam didn’t eat ...could also be seen as a lack of love in not willing to go into prison and into death with, and bear along side Eve. Even Peter told Christ he was ready to go into prison and death for Christ...yet Christ told him you will deny Me this night. if through Adams obedience, would Eve(weak in temptation)have been covered by that which remained strong? Should obedience to God not have been to consider Eve above himself and to not eat of the fruit and to bear her shame when God came to ask? And through his obedience made perfect through suffering for her lack..the Law of God would have been fulfilled. Regardless Adam lacked something: Hebrews 2:9-10 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. [10] For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Obedience of one: made perfect through sufferings...that bond of perfection being love. in He Who knew no sin; first loved us while still in our sin.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words, you think God allowed Adam to be tempted beyond what he could bear?

I do not believe that Adam was "tempted beyond what he could bear." I believe that he COULD have obeyed God, but chose to disobey His command.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree with you that if Adam didn’t eat ...could also be seen as a lack of love in not willing to go into prison and into death with, and bear along side Eve.

What are you saying here? That Adam's obedience to God would have shown a lack of love for Eve??

Regardless Adam lacked something

Here again, I have to object to your characterization of Adam. God created him as a perfect being; he lacked nothing.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you saying here? That Adam's obedience to God would have shown a lack of love for Eve??

no, I meant obedience to God in putting Eve above himself and not eating the fruit would have been better. but also can see love towards Eve would have put Adam in a nearly impossible situation. Impossible for man. Not impossible for God.

Adam lacked something...otherwise there would have been no need for Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Perfection is Christ.
If Adam was still yet “perfect” after eating the fruit; the word wouldn’t attach “disobedience” to “Many were made sinners”. Is that perfection?

Reactions: Giuliano

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, I meant obedience to God in putting Eve above himself and not eating the fruit would have been better. but also can see love towards Eve would have put Adam in a nearly impossible situation. Impossible for man. Not impossible for God.

Nearly impossible is not impossible. God gave Adam one negative command, meaning "You shall NOT...." The command was not impossible for Adam (as a perfect human being) to obey.

Adam lacked something...otherwise there would have been no need for Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Perfection is Christ.
If Adam was still yet “perfect” after eating the fruit; the word wouldn’t attach “disobedience” to “Many were made sinners”. Is that perfection?

Adam was perfect BEFORE he ate the fruit. He was corrupted by his own sin, the sin that he brought into the world, WHEN he ate the fruit.

Reactions: Enoch111

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam lacked absolutely nothing. He was the most privileged human being who has ever lived. He had absolutely no excuse for what he did. And that is why he is held accountable for the whole human race's predicament.

if Adam would not of eaten of the fruit ...would his obedience have covered Eve who was weak through temptation?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nearly impossible is not impossible. God gave Adam one negative command, meaning "You shall NOT...." The command was not impossible for Adam (as a perfect human being) to obey.

“...a perfect human to obey.” Are you perfect?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The command was not impossible for Adam (as a perfect human being) to obey.
Quite the opposite. Since he was given an amazing orchard/garden/herb garden, he and Eve lacked for absolutely nothing.

He could have simply put a fence around the forbidden tree and its forbidden fruit, and left it alone. Even put up a warning in bold red letters for all to see (or its equivalent).

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“...a perfect human to obey.” Are you perfect?
What kind of a question is this? WADR, I feel like I'm being set up.

Edit: I will say this. I have the righteousness that comes though faith in Jesus Christ.

Phil 3:9--...and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own from the law, but one that is through faith in Christ--the righteousness from God based on faith.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were saved from the flood when the ark floated above the water..."while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water." The anti-type (mirror reflection) to that OT type is us also being saved by water:

OT type: saved by water (flood)
NT antitype: saved by water (baptism)

The salvation of his house would never had happened though had he not first obeyed God in building the ark.
Hi Mr. Bass,

Love the post....Spot on! :)

One could also say that humanity was saved by water when it destroyed all the bad people in the world. The only people left, eight in all, were good God fearing people.

My two cents worth....Mary

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
if Adam would not of eaten of the fruit ...would his obedience have covered Eve who was weak through temptation?
Yes. He would have therefore watched over Eve, and warned her as often as necessary, until she understood that she was not to play with fire.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

no. Curious where it is coming from: In we (mankind)have a habit of judging if we can be perfect and not sin ...then why couldn’t Adam remain perfect.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no. Curious where it is coming from: In we (mankind)have a habit of judging if we can be perfect and not sin ...then why couldn’t Adam remain perfect.
Adam could have remained perfect. Do you believe that he had no choice but to disobey God??

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

in over my head here so going to clean the house some. All I meant by agreeing with the other poster is I can somewhat see Adam choices were tough. The second command is love of others above yourself and seek for their gain above your own gain. Do we separate the second command from the first command to love God: when God says to love Him is in loving another even when they don’t deserve it. in fact He said to be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect ....comparing the second command to fulfillment of the first. Romans 9:1-3 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, [2] That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. [3] For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

“Accursed” separated, cut off... is it a sin for Paul to voice he feels this way about his brethren ...or fulfillment of the First command of Love God by (obedience) in doing the second...Does it mean he loves his brethren MORE than God or loves his brethren BECAUSE of God?