Was the New Testament Originally Written in Greek?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1) Ad Hominem: From the Latin meaning towards the man, an attempt to shift the conversation by getting personal.

If you bring up a topic that threatens a narcissists ego, he may resort to name-calling, questioning your intelligence or attacking your character. This technique is designed to distract from the topic at hand and make you feel you have to defend yourself.

Example: When you voice an opinion opposite of what a narcissist believes, the narcissist may say,Youre delusional. You’re clueless, as usual.

2) Glittering Generalities: Using glowing words and statements to describe ones self, ideas, or behaviors without providing evidence.
3) The Big Lie: Spinning a lie so outrageous that others are at a loss where to even begin to refute it.

Narcissists are convinced that whatever they say in the moment is 100 percent true just because they are saying it.
6) Minimizing: The opposite of exaggeration, minimizing denies or downplays anything that doesn’t fit with a propagandist’s goals.
12) Tu Quoque: From the Latin for You too, answering a criticism by asserting the other person is guilty as well.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alfred M. Lee and Elizabeth B. Lee classified the propaganda devices into seven major categories:

(i) name-calling (ii) Glittering generalities, (iii) transfer, (iv) testimonial, (v) Plain-folk, (vi) Card-stacking and (vii) Bandwagon.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13. Being Dismissive or Diminishing
When their victim makes a valid contribution in group discussions or has a success, a manipulator can react with a dismissing or diminishing comment in order to maintain control. This can look like giving reasons for why the success was not earned, or why their victim’s valid comment is unworthy of others’ attention and consideration.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks for posting all those tactics you use in these forums. It's very educational on how to handle your type of attacks on the truth.

You wouldn't be protesting so strongly against this if I hadn't hit a nerve of insecurity in your belief system.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One of the BEST evidences is the linguistics in the text themselves. I've already said this but it gets lost in the diarhea of postings by @The Learner

If one really goes deep into the subject of the characteristics of Koine Greek, one discovers that no one ever spoke in this way. Koine Greek is a disjointed, stilted and awkward Greek. It is the same kind of Greek that the Septuagint is written in. The Septuagint is obviously known to be a Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures. Some have the courage to put two plus two together and go where this leads.

Additionally, these topics have been discussed since this assumed "Greek primacy" was first proposed around 1650 by Isaac Voss.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is so off track, it's pretty much de-railed!
Please refrain from the personal attacks, this is simply a friendly warning but there may be other mods or Admin that who may decide to give out warning points or delete or lock the thread.
Thank you in advance :)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alfred M. Lee and Elizabeth B. Lee classified the propaganda devices into seven major categories:

(i) name-calling (ii) Glittering generalities, (iii) transfer, (iv) testimonial, (v) Plain-folk, (vi) Card-stacking and (vii) Bandwagon.
Perfection of propaganda.....I believe we are living it. Not by skill but by total saturation. Anything that goes into your eyes and ears from any form of communication, it does not matter if it written or broadcasted is a lie and the intent is to get you believe something that is not true or trying to motivated you to do something.

And they are doing to your kids in school too....learning lies.

Reactions: The Learner

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perfection of propaganda.....I believe we are living it. Not by skill but by total saturation. Anything that goes into your eyes and ears from any form of communication, it does not matter if it written or broadcasted is a lie and the intent is to get you believe something that is not true or trying to motivated you to do something.

And they are doing to your kids in school too....learning lies.
TAKE IT ELSEWHERE. JUST STOP YOUR TOXIC POSTS.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are one of the MAIN CAUSES. Be gone already.

In your eyes, you have every right to believe that this is true. However, I have withdrawn from presenting a different point of view from what you believe is important, where establishing, set in concrete, timeframes is not that important as you are making out. What I have been doing is nailing my theist, so to speak to the fabric of this thread.

My thesis is that the time frames of all five prophetic words within Daniel 9:24-27 are independent from each other and the respective time period of when these independent prophecies will occur are independent from one another other than the sequence in which they occur.

Daniel 9:24 is divided into two parts. The first part has a duration of 490 years where God is extending His Grace to Daniel's people and the Holy City to stop sinning.

24a "Seventy weeks are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,

These four lines should be viewed through the lens of Exodus 20:4-6 where the iniquities of the continual idolatrous worship of the fathers of Israel during the first two generations/ages/days of the Lord, would be visited upon their children and their children's children during the third and fourth generations/ages/days of the Lord. The visitation of the uniquities of the fathers where God turned away from Israel for a time began at the beginning of the third age of the existence of the nation of Israel. It was at this point in time that God reached out to Israel and sent His Son to Israel as their Messiah. If Christ was born in the year 4 BC, the 490 years began in the year 494 BC. What had to be in place for verse 24a to start was an altar within the Temple confines for the yearly Sin Sacrifices to be performed on.

The second part of verse 24 was God informing Israel that when the 490 years had ended, that He intended to change the process that people would be able to gain redemption for their sins against God. God sent Jesus, His only begotten Son to die for the sins of all of the people of the earth such that everyone who believe in Him would not experience the Second Death, because their sins would then be covered by Christ's sacrificial death on the Cross. John 3:16 confirms this. The second portion of this verse tells us what the purpose of Christ's first advent was going to be.

24b {And then after this} to make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint a scared place {as being} Holy.

Christ was birthed into the nation of Israel so that He would be one of Daniel's people as the Son of God so that the process by which people, everywhere, could be redeemed, could then be established. No time information is given in this single verse prophecy as to when the second part of the verse would occur.

Now Daniel 9:25 begins to unfold sometime after the start of Daniel 9:24 and ends at some time after the 490 years completion of verse 24. In trying to use the chronologies that have been established by the OT chronology is fraught with danger in that the dates they established was done so to fulfil their timeline understanding of Biblical events. In other words, they have forced particular years to be the year in which those events occurred. My confidence in the accuracy of the Biblical Chronologists is not very high. That is why I am not prepared to hang my hat on the assumption that I can use these previously established times to prove a particular desired outcome. Whether we can assume, with confidence, that the Daniel 9:25 prophecy completion occurred at some particular time during the life of Christ is questionable to say the least. What we can glean from Daniel 9:26a is that at some time after the completion of the Daniel 9:25 prophecy, that Christ was killed on the cross, by the Roman solders, at the request of the religious leadership of Israel at that time.

How many years separated the prophecies contained in verses 25 and 26a is only conjecture on our part. What is important is that Christ died at some point after the completion of the Daniel 9:25 prophecy.

What Daniel 9:24-27 gives us is the sequence in which the five independent prophecies will occur in. Daniel does not give us any firm time period relationships between any of the five independent prophecies.

This post is to expand a little on what i have previously posted.

EES, you are welcome to present a differing view on the Daniel 9:24-27 prophetic passage, but it is not kosher if you belittle or attempt to put down what I have written or me personally.

Have a good day.

Edited to correct the order of what I had written because of a cut and pasting mistake on my part.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
EES you are welcome to post a rebuttal on the above post ^^ but it is not kosher for you to belittle or put down what I have written, nor is it kosher for you to belittle or put me down. The choice is yours to make.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
EES you are welcome to post a rebuttal on the above post ^^ but it is not kosher for you to belittle or put down what I have written, nor is it kosher for you to belittle or put me down. The choice is yours to make.
You are on my "ignore" list. There will be no more talking with you. I give people like you 3 chance to be "kosher" and you failed showing any kind of christian attitude. Toxic. Mocking. Ridicule. Ignore on.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are on my "ignore" list. There will be no more talking with you. I give people like you 3 chance to be "kosher" and you failed showing any kind of christian attitude. Toxic. Mocking. Ridicule. Ignore on.

So be it. You have nailed your character to the mast so to speak and because of this, many have come to the same conclusion about you.

It seems that you came to this forum for a fight and when people did not accept your "scholarship" or your "logic" and your mannerisms, it was you who became "toxic" as you describe it. You have had more than three chances with many to show that a conversation with you will be enlightening. Sadly, you have not made that so. It has been your leading that has made it so

Goodbye.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.