Was the Trinity included in Jesus’ gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Jesus is not the Father but as one with the Father.
I am sorry to say that your position on the trinity is so and i think it's to do with a dictatorial perception of the Bible. but could be some how just some sort of idolatry ?
What denomination are you.
You are pushing a OT stance.

Oh yeah? You think it's some type of idolatry!!!!? Tell me, if Jesus is only 1/3 of the Godhead, how the heck can he really be the King of kings?!!!!! I call that idolatry! The worse thing about it is, it's not blatant, but carefully covered up! IF YOU DON'T MAKE JESUS LORD OF ALL, THEN HE IS NOT LORD AT ALL!!!!! In fact, if all three are co-equal, then neither are ALL-POWERFUL. WHO THEN REALLY IS YOUR GOD?

I am a Believer. Who are you?

Really? Since when did the OT become of no use to us? Ok, ok, I understand. You want NT! Sure!

1Co_8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Please note the comma, changes the meaning of the sentence. Notice something else: The Father made EVERYTHING. Jesus made EVERYTHING. If both made EVERYTHING, then it is completely logical to say that they are exaclty the SAME!!!! Jesus is the Father because the Father is just a title!

Eph_4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Umm, I beg your pardon, but do you mean to tell me that there is two spirits, the Father and the Holy Ghost in me? NO! They are exactly the same: the spirit of Jesus! Ephesians 4:4 says that there is ONE Spirit! Philippians 1:19 says the Spirit of Jesus! Therefore the Spirit of Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Ghost are all the same because there is ONE Spirit, undivided.

Dear friend, the God of the OT is EXACTLY the same as the NT! Always has, still is, always will.

1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

You will never be able to get past what Paul declares here to Timothy. He said that Jesus was the ONLY ruler (potentate), that Jesus was THE KING and THE LORD, that Jesus was the ONLY IMMORTAL! If you want to hang on to your precious Trinity, fine, but if that is the case, just remember that ONLY Jesus is the ruler, the King, the Lord, and the Immortal. That means that both the Father and the Holy Ghost are SUBJECT to Jesus! I think you understand the Bible well enough to understand that such a view is untenable. Therefore, Jesus IS the Father, Jesus IS the Son, and Jesus IS the Holy Ghost! Glory to his name.

According to the Scripture, Jesus is the ONLY RULER, the KING of kings, the LORD of lords, and the ONLY IMMORTAL!

WELL the point is you are coming at it all wrong. one that the delinquent Jewish religion would like to push for one.
The reason why i call them delinquent is because they had the opportunity to go forward but rejected the truth of Israel.

I'll tell you what the biggest obstacle to Jews coming to Jesus today is: the TRINITY!!!! They can accept the fact that Jesus is the ONE TRUE God, but they have a really tough time accepting the swindling, man-made doctrine of Trinity! They understand it as blasphemy, and that is EXACTLY what it is! It replaces Jesus' rightful position as God over ALL!

Actions, especially God's actions, speak louder than words...to those who seek the truth and wish to know His heart.

To others the ways of evasion, deceit and disbelief pave the way to hell's heart.

Seems to be from God's actions that he is the ONLY ONE! It seems to be that he fused himself into a body of flesh and walked amongst us as a man! That man was crucified, buried, and rose from the dead!

That man is the ONLY ruler, the King of kings, the Lord of lords, the ONLY IMMORTAL!

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Oh yeah? You think it's some type of idolatry!!!!? Tell me, if Jesus is only 1/3 of the Godhead, how the heck can he really be the King of kings?!!!!! I call that idolatry! The worse thing about it is, it's not blatant, but carefully covered up! IF YOU DON'T MAKE JESUS LORD OF ALL, THEN HE IS NOT LORD AT ALL!!!!! In fact, if all three are co-equal, then neither are ALL-POWERFUL. WHO THEN REALLY IS YOUR GOD?

Jesus is not 1/3
============

I am a Believer. Who are you?

I am not doubting you. it's just a debate.
===============================

Really? Since when did the OT become of no use to us? Ok, ok, I understand. You want NT! Sure!

I never said that. i love the OT it backs up every thing in the NT.
=================================================

1Co_8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

That is trinity stuff.
==============

Please note the comma, changes the meaning of the sentence. Notice something else: The Father made EVERYTHING. Jesus made EVERYTHING. If both made EVERYTHING, then it is completely logical to say that they are exaclty the SAME!!!! Jesus is the Father because the Father is just a title!

Jesus did not make everything.
========================

Eph_4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Trinity stuff.
=========

Umm, I beg your pardon, but do you mean to tell me that there is two spirits, the Father and the Holy Ghost in me? NO! They are exactly the same: the spirit of Jesus! Ephesians 4:4 says that there is ONE Spirit! Philippians 1:19 says the Spirit of Jesus! Therefore the Spirit of Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Ghost are all the same because there is ONE Spirit, undivided.

This sadly just shows how ignorant you are of the trinity, the three are one!
===========================================================

Dear friend, the God of the OT is EXACTLY the same as the NT! Always has, still is, always will.

Right you are.
===========

1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

You will never be able to get past what Paul declares here to Timothy. He said that Jesus was the ONLY ruler (potentate), that Jesus was THE KING and THE LORD, that Jesus was the ONLY IMMORTAL! If you want to hang on to your precious Trinity, fine, but if that is the case, just remember that ONLY Jesus is the ruler, the King, the Lord, and the Immortal. That means that both the Father and the Holy Ghost are SUBJECT to Jesus! I think you understand the Bible well enough to understand that such a view is untenable. Therefore, Jesus IS the Father, Jesus IS the Son, and Jesus IS the Holy Ghost! Glory to his name.

The Father is not subect to Jesus.
==========================

According to the Scripture, Jesus is the ONLY RULER, the KING of kings, the LORD of lords, and the ONLY IMMORTAL!

I'll tell you what the biggest obstacle to Jews coming to Jesus today is: the TRINITY!!!! They can accept the fact that Jesus is the ONE TRUE God, but they have a really tough time accepting the swindling, man-made doctrine of Trinity! They understand it as blasphemy, and that is EXACTLY what it is! It replaces Jesus' rightful position as God over ALL!

The biggest obstacle to the Jews rejecting Christ is their hardness of heart.
===========================================================

Seems to be from God's actions that he is the ONLY ONE! It seems to be that he fused himself into a body of flesh and walked amongst us as a man! That man was crucified, buried, and rose from the dead!

That man is the ONLY ruler, the King of kings, the Lord of lords, the ONLY IMMORTAL!
Try not to fight but learn.
The trinity is experiential knowledge of the Father through Christ.
The trinity is hypostatic'
The Holy Spirit is a hypostasis.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
WELL the point is you are coming at it all wrong. one that the delinquent Jewish religion would like to push for one. The reason why i call them delinquent is because they had the opportunity to go forward but rejected the truth of Israel.
Rosy, c'mon, the reason they're delinquent is they're stuck in the OLD COVENANT.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Rosy, c'mon, the reason they're delinquent is they're stuck in the OLD COVENANT.
But not all the race of Jewish people are or were stuck in the old covenant the True "Israel" Jewish people became true Christians at the time of Christ on. and their is no going back as that time has been finished for ever and ever and anyone that says differently is not of the people of Christ the true Israel, but only of the people of Satan.

I see it as just ridiculous that someone would turn back and reject Christ for some bunch of hard hearted fools who think their race is superior and above Christ. and the fact is they are not even really true Jews anyway but only bits of this and that.

Sure i give the Jews recognition for all of what they have achieved as a people but i have to say that Jesus Christ is the only way forward and any other way is disaster.. Jesus Christ is the Way and the Light and the Truth. no one can do anything if it is not in Christ as all else is in vane.

Their is nothing to go back to in Judaism as it's been robed of Christ, Israels true messiah !

Why would someone not want the Jewish people saved as he is their Messiah ! sounds like the work of the Devil to me, just like the the works of the Devil has been working against the good Jewish people from the beginning.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Jesus is not 1/3

Really? So you are telling me that Jesus is also the Father and the Holy Spirit? If that isn't the case, then you HAVE made him 1/3, whether you like it or not!

I never said that. i love the OT it backs up every thing in the NT.

Well if that is the case, why such a big deal over the fact that my 'view' is OT?

That is trinity stuff.

How? If I'm going to think as a Trinitarian, I could perhaps excuse it with some terrific mind-bending, but there's something else. What about the Holy Ghost? I think I would prefer to make my own creed that states two persons in the Godhead instead of the Trinity!

Jesus did not make everything.

Of all your statements, this statement has got to be one of your most incriminating statements! Listen to this! Who was the Word? Jesus! Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. Well, you can believe that Jesus didn't create everything, but the Bible declares otherwise! I think I'll stake my chances on the Bible instead of your opinion.

Trinity stuff.

How? Your words sound like the words of one who cannot say any more accept hurl a completely ineffective statement!

This sadly just shows how ignorant you are of the trinity, the three are one!

This sadly just shows how illogical logical people can be! The Trinitarian catchphrase, the three are one, is one of the biggest lies of history! The Trinity states that all three are co-equal. Obviously they think and act separately! God help us! How can they be separate and yet one? It's absolute confusion, a lie fostered by the father of lies! Give me some Scripture base for it, other than the man-made Athenasian Creed! Show me in Bible WHERE they are CO-EQUAL! Show me WHERE in the Bible do we find that the persons make one God! Show me WHERE in the Bible do we find the 'holy' mystery of the Trinity!

The Father is not subect to Jesus.

I never said he was! I said that JESUS WAS THE FATHER!

Seems to be that you have not answered this passage of Scripture!

Once again I repeat, Jesus, the ONLY RULER, THE KING of kings, THE LORD of lords, the ONLY IMMORTAL.