Watch out for angels

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they desire to look into these things how can they have knowledge to preach?

1 Peter 1:12 KJVS
Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

I've seen angels praying over our bed and a few other times. But I am puzzled at the fascination with them. People can be turned aside. Watchman Lee is my preferred screen name. I want everyone that started out to finish.

Are you saying that rev. 14-6, 7,8 & 9 are wrong ?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If they desire to look into these things how can they have knowledge to preach?

But I am puzzled at the fascination with them.

I don't know any Christians that "have a fascination with them"..to me it's the none believers who write about them and have a fascination, as they do with all things supernatural both dark and light.

You said ..quote:- "If they desire to look into these things how can they have knowledge to preach?

The same way as in the OT and then also to Mary re Jesus, and to Zachariah the father of John the baptist.

Psalm 103... says they stand waiting to receive a message and they then act and deliver it. They speak what they are told to speak...hence = Messengers ...delivering whatever message they are given.

"Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of His word."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why just quote Rev. 14 - 6 ? why not rev. 14 - 7 and 14 - 8 and 14 - 9 ?
Rev. 14 -7. "saying with a loud voice." rev. 14 - 8. " and another angel followed saying " Rev. 14 - 9. " then a third angel followed them saying."
Pomp.
that's not the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that's prophecy already foretold and that was by the prophets, whom God/Jesus Christ gave to MEN. scripture, Isaiah 21:9 "And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground".

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are the " The Everlasting Gospel " in rev. 14 -6 and " the Gospel of Jesus Christ " different? Is the Gospel of Jesus Christ everlasting?

In the beginning was the word, the word was with God, the word was God, the word became flesh and dwelt among men. = " Jesus "
" Every thing that was made was made by Him and for Him "= " Jesus "
: If you have seen ME you have seen the Father, For I and the Father are ONE " = " Jesus "
" I am the alpha and Omega, The beginning and the end " = " Jesus "
The entire bible is about Jesus. The " Gospel "
Pomp.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder how many reading these posts were saved by the preaching of angels. Or know anyone who has been. Jesus sent the disciples out to preach and gave men the great commission in Mark 16. This commission WAS NOT GIVEN TO ANGELS. There are no scriptures to that effect. None, zero, nada, net.

Just be careful what you accept as the "gospel" truth. Be ware and be aware. I'm not arguing here just placing a warning. I've known Christians that hold all type of weird doctrines.

One man I visited with I mentioned that as a hunter I sometimes went dove hunting. His eyes grew big and he preached how that he'd been taught that doves were a "hollllllyyyyy bird. That I was sinning by shooting them. He mentioned several times that they wee a hollllly bird, adding several seconds to the word Holy.

Hebrews 13:9 KJVS
Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

I've stated my beliefs so I'm all in. I'm not one to argue. All must be according to scripture but everyone has their own interpretation or has been taught one that they hold to.

Just be on the safe side in all things. Amen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 13:9 KJVS
Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
this is true, only the Holy Ghost gives us the Gospel, meaning what to say. for it is the Holy Ghost who teach us, 1 Corinthians 2:12-14 "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned". for the term angel can be metaphorically spoke of the Lord Jesus, who also is a messenger/Apostle who by the Holy Spirit came down with the Gospel, (see Revelation 10:1-3).
by being the Holy Ghost the gospel is spreaded.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.