Watching God work

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wonderful ....great post @Frank Lee
Yes, agree, we fight for every part of “the land” that God has given us....it’s our inheritance.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Frank Lee

Well I have been where you were!!
My blood pressure has been spiking for three days between 160/ to 180/
160 isn't good, but 180 is even worst!! And I was sometimes going above 180...
My eyes were blurred ...and I felt awful .

I ended up in the Emerg last night.
He said that one of my BP pills can cause dehydration...it may have been that. I appreciate doctors and hospitals...but I HATE being in a hospital.
Plus I have 'white coat phobia' ...it is so stupid because I can't control it.
Knowing that it is an oppressive spirit and not 'real' doesn't seem to help with the issue.
I was so happy to get out of there...
Still do feel like myself yet...feeling pretty beaten up at the moment.
Not quite sure who won the battle ....

Hoping your BP is stable now Frank, Every blessing....H

Reactions: Frank Lee

soulspark

Jul 29, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For the past couple of days my blood pressure has been very high and a severe headache has ground me to nothing. I stopped taking BP meds a few years ago as my high BP seemed to have been cured. I knew I needed to see my Dr despite my prayers. When I start seriously thinking of going to the ER room in the miserable wee hours I know that I'm in real need. I have no idea why it has flared up.

I called my doctor's clinic after two days of torment to see if there was a remote possibility of getting in to see him. The next day was the earliest thing available. I accepted even though it meant another 24 hours of extreme pain with my head as if pierced with a spike. I just felt bad all over and my poor old body yearned for relief.

Afterwards I began to pray for a cancelation that someone might make. The phone rang from the clinic but only to give me results of a previous blood analysis. Oh well I tried. But how could I possibly stand another horrible day of this pain and dangerous BP of 180 or more over 80? That high pressure causes strokes and heart failure.

Then the phone rang again. It was the clinic with an appointment cancelation! They could take me in an hour. Just enough time to get easy and drive the sixteen miles to town. Hallelujah! The Lord had heard and given me favor! Thank you Jesus. Coming to mind then was;

Psalm 34:9 KJVS
O fear the Lord , ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.

At the doctors we discussed my BP that was still 180/80 and decided to go back on the Atenonol I was taking before. My doctor told me he placed my name in the canceled appointment spot as soon as it opened up! I was able to share some things God had shown me since my doctor is a Christian and I often pray with him when I go for an appointment. It's wonderful having a doctor that is enthusiastic when asked if you might pray for him. A Christian doctor is a real blessing.

After taking BP med outside the pharmacy I had to go to the store and afterwards glad to get home. My BP checked OK at 120/70 by then.

I praise and worship the Lord for making a way for me. I'm still very tired from the physical stress and pain but to see Him help me is so good. Not many times can you get a same day appointment with a busy doctor. I see God's hand everywhere and He's always working for us that believe.

As I lie here on the couch I'm still thankful to Him.
That's an upbeat attitude, fantastic.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Frank Lee

Well I have been where you were!!
My blood pressure has been spiking for three days between 160/ to 180/
160 isn't good, but 180 is even worst!! And I was sometimes going above 180...
My eyes were blurred ...and I felt awful .

I ended up in the Emerg last night.
He said that one of my BP pills can cause dehydration...it may have been that. I appreciate doctors and hospitals...but I HATE being in a hospital.
Plus I have 'white coat phobia' ...it is so stupid because I can't control it.
Knowing that it is an oppressive spirit and not 'real' doesn't seem to help with the issue.
I was so happy to get out of there...
Still do feel like myself yet...feeling pretty beaten up at the moment.
Not quite sure who won the battle ....

Hoping your BP is stable now Frank, Every blessing....H

I pray for your health and for you to feel better. Mines still running higher than I like but staying 160/70 or similar. Often the bottom number is 55-60. We live in an imperfect house.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen