WE ARE ALL ONE BREATH AWAY FROM ETERNITY!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WE ARE ALL ONE BREATH AWAY FROM ETERNITY! THINK! MIGHT TODAY BE YOUR LAST DAY ????Every day of our lives, we live one breath away from eternity. The most important question of life is: Am I ready to meet God?

If you are not, and you wish to acknowledge God as your Father through His Son, Jesus Christ, just pray this simple prayer and you’ll become a member of the family of God, with heaven as your eternal home.

Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus died for my sins. I am willing to turn away from my sin and live a godly life. I now invite Jesus Christ into my heart as my Lord and Savior. I am willing, with God’s help, from this day forward to follow Christ as Lord of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

At this moment, you have discovered the ultimate secret of being happy in an unhappy world. It’s knowing that God is your heavenly Father, that Jesus is your Lord and Savior, and that heaven is your eternal home

Reactions: Triumph1300

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
......from the very moment that we were born.

Reactions: Truth

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WE ARE ALL ONE BREATH AWAY FROM ETERNITY! THINK! MIGHT TODAY BE YOUR LAST DAY ????Every day of our lives, we live one breath away from eternity. The most important question of life is: Am I ready to meet God?

If you are not, and you wish to acknowledge God as your Father through His Son, Jesus Christ, just pray this simple prayer and you’ll become a member of the family of God, with heaven as your eternal home.

Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus died for my sins. I am willing to turn away from my sin and live a godly life. I now invite Jesus Christ into my heart as my Lord and Savior. I am willing, with God’s help, from this day forward to follow Christ as Lord of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

At this moment, you have discovered the ultimate secret of being happy in an unhappy world. It’s knowing that God is your heavenly Father, that Jesus is your Lord and Savior, and that heaven is your eternal home
you know this all sounds so religious. but in actuality it is almost useless. how many people who say this prayer do you like will actually keep after Christ? how many people who go witness on street corners and get people saved actually go and check up those that got saved? for that do keep up to date with those people congrats because you are of the minority. if you are going to post things like that online like you did then also post resources they can use in their walk with Christ. you should ask anyone who does say this prayer to contact you or someone to disciple them in their walk. don't assume someone else will always do it. do you know most people who are atheists are people who were christians but left the faith for one reason or another? why would they leave if the gospel of Jesus is so great? unless no one helped them and because of it never got to experience the good things that Jesus gave them. there are people out there that do disciple others and i admire your commitment but as i said you are the minority. if you are not prepared to receive new believers then don't do evangelizing. your good intentions end up backfiring and you end up hurting them instead. do you know it is easier to convert a nonbeliever to Christ then someone who has accepted Christ but left for their own reasons? so i say again if you are going to evangelize then be prepared to hand out information regarding the salvation of Christ, get their names and a way to contact them and get in contact once in a while to see who they are doing, and last but not least disciple them.

God bless

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you know this all sounds so religious. but in actuality it is almost useless. how many people who say this prayer do you like will actually keep after Christ? how many people who go witness on street corners and get people saved actually go and check up those that got saved? for that do keep up to date with those people congrats because you are of the minority. if you are going to post things like that online like you did then also post resources they can use in their walk with Christ. you should ask anyone who does say this prayer to contact you or someone to disciple them in their walk. don't assume someone else will always do it. do you know most people who are atheists are people who were christians but left the faith for one reason or another? why would they leave if the gospel of Jesus is so great? unless no one helped them and because of it never got to experience the good things that Jesus gave them. there are people out there that do disciple others and i admire your commitment but as i said you are the minority. if you are not prepared to receive new believers then don't do evangelizing. your good intentions end up backfiring and you end up hurting them instead. do you know it is easier to convert a nonbeliever to Christ then someone who has accepted Christ but left for their own reasons? so i say again if you are going to evangelize then be prepared to hand out information regarding the salvation of Christ, get their names and a way to contact them and get in contact once in a while to see who they are doing, and last but not least disciple them.

God bless

What a downer you are. Many, many times the believer has only one chance at witnessing to an individual. And so he does. All the rest is God's business. He is quite capable of providing others. Some plow, some water, etc. etc. If your Church is doing an evangelistic movement, then yes they should be ready and willing to provide all that you say. But that is not necessary for individual witnessing. Phillip spoke to the Ethiopian, and then was outta there. (Acts 8:27-40).

Stranger

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't pray a prayer like this then why would you think you would ever THINK YOU WOULD BE FORGIVEN AND see heaven ??

Reactions: APAK

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you don't pray a prayer like this then why would you think you would ever THINK YOU WOULD BE FORGIVEN AND see heaven ??

This is having confidence in 'your prayer' rather than confidence in what Jesus did for us in redemption.

Even with the unsaved...it is not about us and what we are doing or need to do...it is all about Him and what He has done.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!! Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13
God says==That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved..........

----------

Here is an "example prayer" if you have never talked to God..........
Heavenly Father:.........
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@GISMYS_7

If this, is as you indicate 'for the unsaved' ...WHY on earth is it here on the Theology board and not on the Newbies or Seekers boards ?

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a downer you are. Many, many times the believer has only one chance at witnessing to an individual. And so he does. All the rest is God's business. He is quite capable of providing others. Some plow, some water, etc. etc. If your Church is doing an evangelistic movement, then yes they should be ready and willing to provide all that you say. But that is not necessary for individual witnessing. Phillip spoke to the Ethiopian, and then was outta there. (Acts 8:27-40).

Stranger
read scripture and you will see that God sent phillip to the ethiopian. the ethiopian was ready to receive. how many of you go evangelizing just because God said? God goes after the individual so if God goes after the individual who do we think going after the masses is better? you say there may only be one time to witness to a person correct? is this your point of view or God's point of view? i am all for bringing people to Christ but most people do it all wrong. when you evangelize do you refer them to a church for growth? i say all this because God had a word for our church that can spread to all churches. i say this because we were asking and seeking for revival knowing that it was prophesied that revival was coming. after years of waiting we finally got a word from God telling us, "where will i put the babies". God does not want to lose one person so if that is true why are we of a different attitude. i know most of you believe in getting people saved is important but you have lost sight of the goal. the Goal of getting these people into a relationship with God. that is what God wants, don't you want the same thing? then why don't you love these new christian babies enough to make sure they are on the right track instead of just padding them on the back telling them what a great decision you made and then leave. what would happen if God did that to you? if you wouldn't like why do you do it to others. so instead of going after the masses ask God for that one person that needs God and go after them, help them, disciple them, and then move on to another person.

from the replies i got to my post i hope this post helps you see clearly. from the sounds of your posts it sounds like you all like the feel like you did a great thing and then when the day is over you don't about what happens after. i'm sorry but i have a soul for the lost and your uncaring attitudes really make me feel let down. this is the attitude so many churches have today. they throw big dinners, have parties, fun, and ect to attract unbelievers. most times nothing comes out of it but a few people say the sinner's prayer and yet their lives never change. it would be different if God said to have a dinner or party or have fun , and ect. but most times this is not the case. do you not realize everyone that gets saved and falls away is likely to never return? doesn't this bother you at all? this is not a game to see who can get the most saved. peoples lives are on the line here folks. people are going to heaven or hell on your actions.

do you all think that i don't want to do mass salvations? i love to see them. but they need to be done by those that prepared for it. i'm stopping for now before i say something i shouldn't to you all.

God bless

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you told anyone today or this week or this year how they can ce saved and join the family iof God????

How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!! Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13
God says==That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved..........

----------

Here is an "example prayer" if you have never talked to God..........
Heavenly Father:.........
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again!! How many people did you tell today or this week or this year how they can be saved and join the family iof God????

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
read scripture and you will see that God sent phillip to the ethiopian. the ethiopian was ready to receive. how many of you go evangelizing just because God said? God goes after the individual so if God goes after the individual who do we think going after the masses is better? you say there may only be one time to witness to a person correct? is this your point of view or God's point of view? i am all for bringing people to Christ but most people do it all wrong. when you evangelize do you refer them to a church for growth? i say all this because God had a word for our church that can spread to all churches. i say this because we were asking and seeking for revival knowing that it was prophesied that revival was coming. after years of waiting we finally got a word from God telling us, "where will i put the babies". God does not want to lose one person so if that is true why are we of a different attitude. i know most of you believe in getting people saved is important but you have lost sight of the goal. the Goal of getting these people into a relationship with God. that is what God wants, don't you want the same thing? then why don't you love these new christian babies enough to make sure they are on the right track instead of just padding them on the back telling them what a great decision you made and then leave. what would happen if God did that to you? if you wouldn't like why do you do it to others. so instead of going after the masses ask God for that one person that needs God and go after them, help them, disciple them, and then move on to another person.

from the replies i got to my post i hope this post helps you see clearly. from the sounds of your posts it sounds like you all like the feel like you did a great thing and then when the day is over you don't about what happens after. i'm sorry but i have a soul for the lost and your uncaring attitudes really make me feel let down. this is the attitude so many churches have today. they throw big dinners, have parties, fun, and ect to attract unbelievers. most times nothing comes out of it but a few people say the sinner's prayer and yet their lives never change. it would be different if God said to have a dinner or party or have fun , and ect. but most times this is not the case. do you not realize everyone that gets saved and falls away is likely to never return? doesn't this bother you at all? this is not a game to see who can get the most saved. peoples lives are on the line here folks. people are going to heaven or hell on your actions.

do you all think that i don't want to do mass salvations? i love to see them. but they need to be done by those that prepared for it. i'm stopping for now before i say something i shouldn't to you all.

God bless

The Christian witnesses about Jesus Christ whenever the opportunity avails itself. And we consider that opportunity from God. Just like with Phillip and the Ethiopian. With many witnesses, we don't have the luxury of inviting them to our church, as we may be in an area where they could or would not come to our church. We can direct them to Christ and the Bible and encourage them to find a Bible believing church. As I said earlier, if your evangelization is a church effort then yes, the church needs to be prepared to receive and teach any new born believers.

I saw clearly form the first post I addressed. You come in with a condemning attitude to believers, because you set yourself up as the one who is always doing it right. You actually put to much on yourself and not enough trust in God. In other words...you don't save anyone. God does.

No one is going to be lost because of my witness or lack of it. God looses nothing. And He certainly doesn't lose those who are His. And a persons condemnation is not on the believers shoulders. We simply witness.

Too late I think. You have said too much already. I think you want 'mass salvations'. Why? Because they would glorify you, not Jesus Christ.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says, judge, not lest you be judged!! Yes!! So many sit on their hands and say===""No one is going to be lost because of my witness or lack of it"" =====Jesus send out His followers To the world with the Gospel

Reactions: APAK

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Stranger

I was thinking the same...but you said it for me.

( Did it remind you at all of our old , long gone friend....Sword!! Always telling us of all the things he was doing for the Lord ..., and saying we didn't and weren't ...
I think he was quite amazing to actually "know" just what we each did, or did not do, how much we read our bibles or didn't etc... :) )

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Sword driven away by personal attacks?? There is NOTHING in my posts about anything I have done But I did tell the lost here how to be saved and How to join the family of God!!