We Are Spirit....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
So, just what part is it that went into Paradise per the following?...

Luke 23:42-43
42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when Thou comest into Thy kingdom.
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with Me in paradise.
(KJV)

2 Cor 12:2-4
2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
(KJV)

Luke 16:22-26
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
(KJV)

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
So, just what part is it that went into Paradise per the following?...

Luke 23:42-43
42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when Thou comest into Thy kingdom.
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with Me in paradise.
(KJV)

2 Cor 12:2-4
2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
(KJV)

Luke 16:22-26
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
(KJV)

When one dies or has an experience of heaven, it is the spirit of the individual (and his soul) that is having the experience.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am looking forward to kneeling before God as a redeemed soul. Justified and sanctified, with a transformed body.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
When one dies or has an experience of heaven, it is the spirit of the individual (and his soul) that is having the experience.

The NT example is that the soul and spirit can be separated from our flesh body. But the soul and the spirit cannot be separated from each other.

Matt 10:28
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul (psuche): but rather fear Him Which is able to destroy both soul (psuche) and body in hell (geena - put for the lake of fire event).
(KJV)

Heb 4:12
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
(KJV)

Both Greek words for "soul" (psuche) and "spirit" (pneuma) involve the concept of the 'breath' which God breathed into the flesh. Eccl.12:5-7 reveals when the "silver cord" is severed at death, the flesh goes back to the earth where it came from, and the spirit goes back to God Who gave it.

In 1 Cor.15, Apostle Paul revealed that a flesh body of corruption cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, since corruption cannot inherit incorruption. That's why those still alive on earth at Christ's coming will be 'changed' to a incorruptible resurrection type body, what Paul called a "spiritual body". The way God has created this present world is not how it will manifest at Christ's second coming. This is why those who remain at Christ's coming must be changed, which is the destruction of the flesh body of sin.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The NT example is that the soul and spirit can be separated from our flesh body. But the soul and the spirit cannot be separated from each other.

Yes, while they are separate parts of the human being, they are not separated. When the spirit leaves the body, the soul goes with it, which is why we do not lose our identity in the Kingdom.