We are the Last Generation =the Fig Tree Generation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Israel = us and the broken off Jews who accept Christ.

“Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, “The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;” (Romans 11:25–26)

I was wondering about this. Are Christians Gentiles? Are we also Israel, or are we separate. Because I know Christ has one bride. Are we the grafted in ones?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Replacement theology is a false demon inspired teaching!!
Romans 11
Israel Is Not Cast Away

More mindless knee-jerk Dispie nonsense in defense of their anti-Christian poison. Yeah, slap a label on something you don't like and then quote some Bible verses that don't support you, and pretend you've done something you haven't. Sad.

Show us, GISMYS that the nation-state of Israel is the Israel Paul speaks of in Romans 11. Tell me, GISMYS, if gentiles have been grafted on, as described in Romans 11, how are gentiles not Israel?

I'm not speaking tongues, GISMYS. Why don't you understand what I'm saying?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
;):)
fig trees are not good things in Scripture anyway!
Fig trees are used to illustrate infidelity
I just made a correlation of Adam and Eve sewing fig leaves to cover themselves and then God made them coverings of skin.....and Jesus cursed the fig tree.…..and now the fig tree generation....and what you just said I was not aware of but it made me see the whole picture of the fig.

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
;):)
I just made a correlation of Adam and Eve sewing fig leaves to cover themselves and then God made them coverings of skin.....and Jesus cursed the fig tree.…..and now the fig tree generation....and what you just said I was not aware of but it made me see the whole picture of the fig.
i wish i could post some support, but i don't even recall how i got this, it is just something that kind of sets in over time or something. Figs are sycamores, sycamore destroyed at ground zero, got me started there...and have you ever touched a sycamore/fig leaf? You would not want it anywhere near your privates lol, very sandpaper

i'm not sure infidelity is the right term though, there are also uses that seem to mean "good," and apparently there are two kinds of fig trees, figs and sycamore-figs...

"
The fig tree and figs are featured in the Book of Jeremiah and mentioned briefly in the Book of Micah.

Another species of ficus, the Egyptian sycamore fig is occasionally mentioned as well, for example 1 Kings 10:27." Figs in the Bible | Wikiwand

Fig Trees (BiblePlaces.com)
has some interesting stuff too, flowers never seen, i've even heard the "tiny wasps" thing might have significance, dunno

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Learn the parable of the fig tree! We are the last generation =the Fig Tree generation.=Google Jack Van Impe= "" The Parable of The Fig Tree Comes To prophetic Life ""

Joel pictures Israel as the fig tree (Joel 1:7).. Israel’s existence today is the fulfillment of the reference in Matthew 24:32 to the blossoming of the fig tree.
Our generation is the generation that will be the last on earth before the rapture and then the return of Jesus. PTL

Dispies lie about everything. In this case, they lie about the meaning of "this generation." dictionary dot com defines "this" as: used to indicate a person, thing, idea, state, event, time, remark, etc., as present, near, just mentioned or pointed out, supposed to be understood, or by way of emphasis.

"This" means that which is present, i.g. Jesus' own generation. Jesus didn't otherwise mention a generation so "just mentioned" doesn't apply.

Some dispies lie and say "generation" refers to the Jewish race. This is also not not the meaning of generation. There's no relevancy for generation to mean the jewish race. And, contrary to the ceaseless lies of dispies, the Jewish race ceased to exist about 70 AD (no one sense about then has genealogies back to Jacob).

Dispies, who lie in all things, also insist Jesus was referring to Israel being restored in 1948 when Jesus made mention of the fig tree. Jesus didn't equate the fig tree with Israel. He mentioned the fig tree to define "at hand", which is not 2000 years, contrary to the claim of Dispy liars -- When the fig tree starts to leaf, you know summer is at hand, explained Jesus. Also, Israel is the church, not a state of Jesus-haters who named their state Israel.

If you have dispies in your church, you should throw them out. What say you GISMYS? You speak falsehoods and when your falsehoods are pointed out, you continue to speak the same falsehoods, proving they're no mistake.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i wish i could post some support, but i don't even recall how i got this, it is just something that kind of sets in over time or something. Figs are sycamores, sycamore destroyed at ground zero, got me started there...and have you ever touched a sycamore/fig leaf? You would not want it anywhere near your privates lol, very sandpaper

i'm not sure infidelity is the right term though, there are also uses that seem to mean "good," and apparently there are two kinds of fig trees, figs and sycamore-figs...

"
The fig tree and figs are featured in the Book of Jeremiah and mentioned briefly in the Book of Micah.

Another species of ficus, the Egyptian sycamore fig is occasionally mentioned as well, for example 1 Kings 10:27." Figs in the Bible | Wikiwand

Fig Trees (BiblePlaces.com)
has some interesting stuff too, flowers never seen, i've even heard the "tiny wasps" thing might have significance, dunno

When Israel is redeemed, they the descendants of Jacob/Israel, not only have to repent of their fathers sins, over a period of four ages but also of their own sins of idolatry either early at the beginning of the harvest season of the Millennium Age or the later figs towards the end of the harvest season towards the end of the Millennium Age.

It is not until the very end of the allotted time period of the gentiles trampling the sanctuary of God will Israel repent of their sins when they see their Messiah judging/doing battle with the Kings of the earth that Israel will seek God's/Jesus' terms of peace, i.e. salvation.

Shalom

Reactions: bbyrd009

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Israel is redeemed already, i'm pretty sure

Not to my knowledge, unless I missed the Armageddon event this weekend by going away over night, because that is the time when the Gentiles trampling the sanctuary will come to an end, and Paul in Romans 11, tells us that when the Daniel 8's 2,300 years prophecy is completed, that All of Israel will be saved/redeemed.

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to my knowledge, unless I missed the Armageddon event this weekend by going away over night, because that is the time when the Gentiles trampling the sanctuary will come to an end, and Paul in Romans 11, tells us that when the Daniel 8's 2,300 years prophecy is completed, that All of Israel will be saved/redeemed.

What is the evidence that someone is in Israel?

When you all Israel will be saved, do you mean just one final generation, or do you mean every generation that has been part of Israel?

Do you agree with Jesus that Jews are of their father the devil?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

When you all Israel will be saved, do you mean just one final generation, or do you mean every generation that has been part of Israel?

To put it simply for you, until the Armageddon event occurs, the last generation/age is not in play.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
a spiritual thing, not a literal thing
so yes, you missed it, sorry
it's a spiritual thing, not a literal thing wadr

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vexatious said: ↑

To put it simply for you, until the Armageddon event occurs, the last generation/age is not in play.

You only answered one of three questions I asked, and that answer is vague. Why didn't you answer the other questions?

You say "All Israel will be saved"is the last generation/age. Which is it, generation or age? Is one generation of Jews "all Israel"?

If "All Israel will be saved" isn't in play yet, why do Dispies love to repeat this phrase, as if it's in play now?

Also, can you tell me what is the evidence that someone is in Israel?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that interpretation was a mistake. The only one that would make sense would be to interpret genea (generation) as a nation or race, meaning that the nation or family of Israel would not disappear from the face of the earth until all things were fulfilled (regarding the events mentioned in Matthew 24).

Verily I say unto you, This generation* shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. (v 34)

*Strong's Concordance
genea: race, family, generation
Original Word: γενεά, ᾶς, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: genea
Phonetic Spelling: (ghen-eh-ah')
Short Definition: a generation
Definition: a generation; if repeated twice or with another time word, practically indicates infinity of time.

When you consider that Israel had ceased to exist from 70 AD to 1948 AD, that makes perfect sense. Indeed Replacement Theology came into existence because of this.

That's very interesting. Never heard this application before, and it's highly credible in light of Greek usage.
Where did you get it, Enoch, if I might ask?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's very interesting. Never heard this application before, and it's highly credible in light of Greek usage.
If I recall correctly the original Scofield Reference Bible had put this forward, and it is probably the best explanation.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's a common dispie argument, when they're not lying about the meaning of "this", that Jesus meant the Jewish race when he said, "this generation." ("This" means that which is present, not something far away. "This generation" necessarily means Jesus' generation.)

Rule #1, everything Dispies say is a lie.

From "this generation" generation is the Greek word is γενεὰ, used always to mean a generation. "Generation" maybe used sort of as a race (1Pet2:9) is γένος, used to mean a kind. A race is a kind, but race is not at all the inherent meaning in γένος.

Remember rule #1, everything Dispies say is a lie.

Strong's combines γενεὰ and γένος in the same entry. And the definition Strong's provides is "metaphorically, a race of men very like each other in endowments, pursuits, character." So, γένος doesn't mean race. The word is used metaphorically to mean men who are similar to each other, of the same kind.

Dispies lie about he meaning of "this" and the meaning "generation" in "this generation." They lie about what Strong's says. They lie about the whole conversation Jesus had with his disciples:

The disciples asked when the Temple would be destroyed. Jesus answered before their generation dies off. In fact, the temple was destroyed in 70 AD, before their generation died off. The dispy who redefine "generation" as race would have Jesus answer "Before the Jewish race dies off." That's not an answer. When is that? And, after the "Jewish race" dies off, the Temple would have no relevance, so it wouldn't matter.

Do you still remember rule #1, everything Dispies say is a lie.

Jews aren't a race, in spit of Dispy claims. Jews are people who practice Judaism (the chief and universal doctrine modern so-called Judaism is the rejection of Jesus as Christ). Still, same difference, if there are no Jews, then there's no one to use the Temple.

Contrary the the claims of Dispies, Jews became extinct around 70 AD. Since the Temple's destruction, no one practices Judaism (BTW, Judaism doesn't require a temple.)

If we go with the irrelevant definition of Jew, a physical ancestor of Jacob (or, specifically Jewdah). These Jews are also extinct. Mathematically, practically everyone on the planet today has some of Jacob's blood in them. But, not a single person on the planet can demonstrate Jacob is their ancestor. After the Temple's destruction, all the Jewish genealogies were lost.

Finally, having Jacob as an ancestor doesn't make anyone one of God's people. People have been of God now and through all history only by faith, including in all the Old Testament teaching. All of Dispy doctrine is a lie, of the most satanic nature.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rule #1, everything Dispies say is a lie.

Not even everything Satan says is a lie.
From "this generation" generation is the Greek word is γενεὰ, used always to mean a generation.

I study Greek, and this is another blanket statement you are basing on little more than blind assumption. No offense, Vexatious, but I stopped reading after that.

P.S. You appear to be aptly named, LoL.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was wondering about this. Are Christians Gentiles? Are we also Israel, or are we separate. Because I know Christ has one bride. Are we the grafted in ones?

We are grafted into Israel...as Ephraim. The fullness of the Gentiles.

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I study Greek, and this is another blanket statement you are basing on little more than blind assumption. No offense, Vexatious, but I stopped reading after that.

You're amazingly useless for someone who claims to study Greek. Why don't you elaborate? It's not a blanket statement based on a blind assumption. My statement is based on the several dozen times γενεὰ is used in the New Testament. More importantly, where is it ever used to mean race? Thank you for wasting our time, Dispy.