We are the Last Generation =the Fig Tree Generation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"This generation"...meaning this humanity....this time of human beings. (This age) Mankind.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're amazingly useless for someone who claims to study Greek. Why don't you elaborate? It's not a blanket statement based on a blind assumption. My statement is based on the several dozen times γενεὰ is used in the New Testament. More importantly, where is it ever used to mean race? Thank you for wasting our time, Dispy.

Wasting my time is precisely what I was trying to avoid in not reading any more of your post. But I've got to hand it to you: You at least got me to tread this. :)

Lesson learned, LoL.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps, our ignorance is a little overbearing when we become adamant that our understanding is right.

The following references where γενεὰ is found in the following verses, Matthew 12:39, 16:4, 17:17, 24:34, Mark 8:12, 9:19, 13:30, Luke 9:41, 11:29, 11:29, 21:32 could just as easily be translated into the English word, "age" which has a duration of a thousand plus years. It is used in the LXX Greek translation of the OT in Genesis 15:16 and because the Jewish scholars could not get their laughing matter around a time period into their future of some 3,000 plus to 4,000 plus years, they forced this particular one verse prophecy back to the previous prophecy found in verse 13-14 of the same chapter with respect to Israel being taken out of Egypt. This has lead to the erroneous understanding that there were only four descendant generation born during Israel's time as a nation living in Egypt, whereas, the bible records that one family had ten descendant generations born in Egypt while they lived their.

Now if the Jewish translators can get the context of this one verse wrong and used the Greek word γενεὰ to represent the contextual meaning of the Hebrew word, וְד֥וֹר. wə·ḏō·wr, instead of the Greek word αἰῶνι, then I can understand how many people have been blinded by the previous traditions which have become entrenched within today's understanding of the scriptures.

By rigidly applying this misunderstanding to Matthew 24:34 our understanding of all of Matthew 24 is skewered and becomes misleading.

Shalom