We Are The Privileged Elect Of The Lord = Matthew 24;22-24

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 24;22-24

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Matthew 24:31

And He shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 13:20

And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom He hath chosen, He hath shortened the days.

Mark 13:27

And then shall He send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Luke 18:7-8

And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto Him, though He bear long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?

Romans 11:5-7

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Colossians 3:12-13

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

I Peter 1:1-2

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia; Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

I Peter 5:13

The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.

II John 1:1, 13

The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.

The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

II Timothy 2:10-13

Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with Him, we shall also live with Him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with Him: if we deny Him, He also will deny us: If we believe not, yet He abideth faithful: He cannot deny Himself.

AMEN

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They….. and We.

From the scripture you provided from the gospels the “elect” in those scripture (they) is prophecy referencing those who will believe in the period of “the day of the Lord”… (revelation)

The scripture from Romans on…. “We” are the elect (the chosen) under this new covenant initiated on Pentecost …. We are born again the They will be believers.... but not born again.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good documentation. God's Election have holy spirit, first Peter chapter 1, romans chapter 8, ephesians chapter 4. The Election are predestined, chosen before foundation of the world. God's Election are to plant seeds for God. They're are many lost souls on the wrong path. The shepherds are teachers and pastors. Ezekiel chapter 18, our job as watchman is to plant seeds, share truth with others. Only Jesus can germinate those seeds. The Election are servants of God.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They….. and We.

From the scripture you provided from the gospels the “elect” in those scripture (they) is prophecy referencing those who will believe in the period of “the day of the Lord”… (revelation)

The scripture from Romans on…. “We” are the elect (the chosen) under this new covenant initiated on Pentecost …. We are born again the They will be believers.... but not born again.
'They' are the unsaved 'We' who believe are the elect of God.

'They' = Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. Mt 24:9

'We'
Ephesians 2:14-22
For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 24;22-24

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Matthew 24:31

And He shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 13:20

And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom He hath chosen, He hath shortened the days.

Mark 13:27

And then shall He send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Luke 18:7-8

And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto Him, though He bear long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?

Romans 11:5-7

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Colossians 3:12-13

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

I Peter 1:1-2

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia; Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

I Peter 5:13

The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.

II John 1:1, 13

The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.

The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

II Timothy 2:10-13

Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with Him, we shall also live with Him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with Him: if we deny Him, He also will deny us: If we believe not, yet He abideth faithful: He cannot deny Himself.

AMEN
EXCELLENT Post - thank you

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'They' are the unsaved 'We' who believe are the elect of God.

'They' = Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. Mt 24:9

'We'
Ephesians 2:14-22
For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.
I agree with the… We We We….. all the way home…. with Jesus.

I was just making the distinction of the They “elect” in the provided scripture from the gospels does not refer to We the “elect” in the epistles.

The scriptures provided are prophecy of events that would have come to pass …. had God not slipped in the dispensation of grace….and still will come to pass after this period culminates…and the events of Revelation take place.

Elect …are not unsaved ….. but they and them in the scripture you provided (Mat_24:9) and other places in like Thessalonians does refer to unsaved.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with the… We We We….. all the way home…. with Jesus.

I was just making the distinction of the They “elect” in the provided scripture from the gospels does not refer to We the “elect” in the epistles.

The scriptures provided are prophecy of events that would have come to pass …. had God not slipped in the dispensation of grace….and still will come to pass after this period culminates…and the events of Revelation take place.

Elect …are not unsaved ….. but they and them in the scripture you provided (Mat_24:9) and other places in like Thessalonians does refer to unsaved.
The Dispensation of Grace = when does it end?