We Can Trust Our Hearts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John Eldredge writes in Wild at Heart that one of the most destructive myths in all of Christendom is that we cannot trust our own heart. Excerpts from page 121.
Too many Christians today are living back in the old covenant. They'd had Jeremiah 17:9 drilled into them and they walk around believing my heart is deceitfully wicked. Not anymore it's not. Read the rest of the book. Jeremiah 31:33, God announces the cure for all that: "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people." I will give you a new heart. That's why Paul said in Romans 2:29, "No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit." Sin is not the deepest thing about you. You have a new heart. Did you hear me? Your heart is good.
There's a reason they call it the good news. Ezekiel 36:26-27 "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees. and be careful of my laws.
You must ask God what he thinks of you, and you must stay with the question until you have an answer. The battle will get fierce here. This is the last thing the Evil One wants you to know. He will play the ventriloquist; he'll whisper to you as if he were the voice of God.

By settling ourselves in prayer, we can discern the voice of God from our own or thoughts of others. This is what Jesus meant when he said the sheep know my voice in John 10:27. What an amazing God. Trust God.

All this came to my mind when I watched a vid by the excellent YouTuber https://www.youtube.com/@whaddoyoumeme when another excellent YouTuber, AwakenWithJP converted to Christianity. For some reason, this vid has been marked private (a recent observation of provocative vids). Search these guys out. There vids are thoughtful and entertaining.

• Love
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John Eldredge writes in Wild at Heart that one of the most destructive myths in all of Christendom is that we cannot trust our own heart. Excerpts from page 121.
Too many Christians today are living back in the old covenant. They'd had Jeremiah 17:9 drilled into them and they walk around believing my heart is deceitfully wicked. Not anymore it's not. Read the rest of the book. Jeremiah 31:33, God announces the cure for all that: "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people." I will give you a new heart. That's why Paul said in Romans 2:29, "No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit." Sin is not the deepest thing about you. You have a new heart. Did you hear me? Your heart is good.
There's a reason they call it the good news. Ezekiel 36:26-27 "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees. and be careful of my laws.
You must ask God what he thinks of you, and you must stay with the question until you have an answer. The battle will get fierce here. This is the last thing the Evil One wants you to know. He will play the ventriloquist; he'll whisper to you as if he were the voice of God.

By settling ourselves in prayer, we can discern the voice of God from our own or thoughts of others. This is what Jesus meant when he said the sheep know my voice in John 10:27. What an amazing God. Trust God.

All this came to my mind when I watched a vid by the excellent YouTuber https://www.youtube.com/@whaddoyoumeme when another excellent YouTuber, AwakenWithJP converted to Christianity. For some reason, this vid has been marked private (a recent observation of provocative vids). Search these guys out. There vids are thoughtful and entertaining.
Yes, I've been getting to see God in the Holy Spirit and he has a good heart and compells me to be similar. I can't always trust my heart I've found but I know when I can, when it is good things I'm desiring and when the spirit of God works in my heart to do good.

Reactions: Wrangler