We have SEEN his glory but no one has ever SEEN God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 1:

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Sond from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Strong's Greek: 2300. θεάομαι (theaomai) — 23 Occurrences

BDAG θεάομαι:
① to have an intent look at someth., to take someth. in with one’s eyes, with implication that one is esp. impressed, see, look at, behold
③ to perceive someth. above and beyond what is merely seen with the eye

15(John bore witness about him, and cried out, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.’”) 16For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.e 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God; the only God,f who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known.
Strong's Greek: 3708. ὁράω (horaó) — 684 Occurrences

BDAG ὁράω:
① to perceive by the eye, catch sight of, notice

We have G2300-perceived his glory but no one has ever G3708-seen God with his physical eyes.

Further, 1 John 4:

12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.
We could G2300-perceived God's glory but no has ever G2300-seen God himself.

13 By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.
By his Spirit, we have G2300-perceived that the Father has sent his Son.

20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen
i.e., G3708-seen with the physical eyes

cannot love God whom he has not seen [G3708].
We have not G3708-seen God with our physical eyes, and we have not even G2300-perceived God himself either. We could G2300-perceived God's glory (a manifestation) and we have G2300-perceived that the Father has sent his Son (a manifestation).

See also No one has ever seen God. Really?