WE NEED TO BE BORN AGAIN.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was water baptized 11 yrs after i was born again.

The dying Thief on the Cross has the record, as he was never water baptized at all.
We can ask him all about that when we meet him in Glory with the rest of the Saints.
is sad people try to use john 3 as proof of water baptism, when Jesus did Not even mention baptism once in his conversation to nicodemus, You would think, since Jesus is telling HIM to be born again, then explaining HOW one is born again If baptism was so important he would mention it

Reactions: Pearl

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
is sad people try to use john 3 as proof of water baptism, when Jesus did Not even mention baptism once in his conversation to nicodemus, You would think, since Jesus is telling HIM to be born again, then explaining HOW one is born again If baptism was so important he would mention it

True..

Water Baptism, follows Salvation.
When we study the Acts of the Apostles (Book of Acts) we see that many are water baptized, and they all BELIEVED first.
Look at the first.........you have Phillip and the Eunuch..........The Eunuch says...>"may i be water baptized.....and Phillip says....>"yes, if you have BELIEVED WITH ALL YOUR HEART, first"...
So, this is the faith that God accepts to give a person the new birth, and once you are born again, then you may be water baptized.
If you are water baptized thinking this saved you, and you die today, then you end up with the other's who have filled up hell believing that water baptism saved them..

Water Baptism, is what you do BECAUSE you have ALREADY become a born again disciple, of Jesus The Christ.
Water can't wash away your sins.....as if it could, then we'd all be sinless every time we took a shower.
If water could take care of our sins, then God didnt have to come down here as Jesus to die for our sin.

Water has no power to save, as water didn't die for anyone's sins on The Cross.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True..

Water Baptism, follows Salvation.
When we study the Acts of the Apostles (Book of Acts) we see that many are water baptized, and they all BELIEVED first.
Look at the first.........you have Phillip and the Eunuch..........The Eunuch says...>"may i be water baptized.....and Phillip says....>"yes, if you have BELIEVED WITH ALL YOUR HEART, first"...
So, this is the faith that God accepts to give a person the new birth, and once you are born again, then you may be water baptized.
If you are water baptized thinking this saved you, and you die today, then you end up with the other's who have filled up hell believing that water baptism saved them..

Water Baptism, is what you do BECAUSE you have ALREADY become a born again disciple, of Jesus The Christ.
Water can't wash away your sins.....as if it could, then we'd all be sinless every time we took a shower.
If water could take care of our sins, then God didnt have to come down here as Jesus to die for our sin.

Water has no power to save, as water didn't die for anyone's sins on The Cross.
The spiritual circumcision/baptism is what washes us (col 2)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The spiritual circumcision/baptism is what washes us (col 2)

"Spiritual Circumcision".

This is on the inside of you....where your "spirit" exists.
Water can't reach your spirit, it can only touch your body.

To be born again is to be born again Spiritually.
God causes this, through the Holy Spirit.......not by water, but by Spirit.

If the Holy Spirit is water, then you are right.
If the Holy Spirit is not, then you have a problem.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Spiritual Circumcision".

This is on the inside of you....where your "spirit" exists.
Water can't reach your spirit, it can only touch your body.

To be born again is to be born again Spiritually.
God causes this, through the Holy Spirit.......not by water, but by Spirit.

If the Holy Spirit is water, then you are right.
If the Holy Spirit is not, then you have a problem.
Yes, the spiritual circumcision done without hands.

As paul said, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but by his mercy he saved us, by the WASHING and renewal (new birth) of the HS.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, the spiritual circumcision done without hands.
As paul said, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but by his mercy he saved us, by the WASHING and renewal (new birth) of the HS.

Yes, as Paul said....>"Christ sent me NOT to water baptize".
And the washing "New birth", is the inward creation of a "new creation in Christ".
This is God, birthing the spirit, by the Holy Spirit......not by water.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was water baptized 11 yrs after i was born again.

The dying Thief on the Cross has the record, as he was never water baptized at all.
We can ask him all about that when we meet him in Glory with the rest of the Saints.

born again and baptismal regeneration is one and the same

the thief? Really?
Baptism is not a requirement until the new covenant is in effect and it is not in effect until the death of the savior Heb 9:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, as Paul said....>"Christ sent me NOT to water baptize".
And the washing "New birth", is the inward creation of a "new creation in Christ".
This is God, birthing the spirit, by the Holy Spirit......not by water.
Sadly, Some people just will not get it. They will still try to push water baptism into John 3, even though Jesus made no mention of it. (see the last three posts)

Its sad

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
paul was sent to baptize!
So? He told everyone to baptize new disciples..

If your not a disciple yet. Your baptism is prety much meaningless. They need to be saved first.

Jesus did not mention Baptism in John 3. For you to try to force it into context is adding to the word of God

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So? He told everyone to baptize new disciples..

If your not a disciple yet. Your baptism is prety much meaningless. They need to be saved first.

Saved first would make baptism meaningless

Jesus did not mention Baptism in John 3. For you to try to force it into context is adding to the word of God

vs 22 they went to the river to preach faith alone????
Or to baptize!!!!

no one is saved until the end of youre life

matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
vs 22 they went to the river to preach faith alone????
Or to baptize!!!!

no one is saved until the end of youre life

matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!

Actually it is the ONLY possible way

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but by his mercy he saved us

You give mercy to the undeserving, to the hopeless. to those who can not help themselves

We are saved by Grace through faith, not of works lest anyone should boast.

We are saved by Grace period. Grace is given to the undeserving, the lost the hopeless.

Jesus said blessed are those who are poor in spirit. for theirs is the kingdom.

Sadly, the word poor there is open to great debate, does it mean just poor. but still able to help themselves if they work harder? or does it mean so poor they are hopeless. unable to help themselves or the undeserving.

The tax collector was bankrupt. Because he became poor in spirit

a worker is not bankrupt. he still thinks he can work