We need to do something!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
Iraqi christians are being persecuted in iraq, beheaded, tortured, and left to die. Islam is slaughtering gods children! Its disgusting! Why arent we hearing enough about this? This is ludacris! We need to take action against this otherwise it will continue!
We feed and take in enouh people by being christains!, its time we looked after our own!
This has gone on for way too long, its about time we done something about it or nobody will!
Islam is preaching its hatred daily, persecuting Abraham's people!
This is outrageous, i am so angry about this!
Praying will not protect them forever, action needs to be taken! The west needs to intervene and attack Islam in the heart. Because that is what tehy are doing as we speak, attacking christians in the heart, blowing up churches, desecrating holy places. Killing all non-muslims or forcing them to convert to islam pay or die.
This genocide of the people will continue and we are facing the complete destruction and elimination of christians in iraq! How has this happened! Why are we not doing anything!
Please people do something! Spread the news, look up the news yourselves!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
thomasleonard said:
Praying will not protect them forever,
Never under estimate the power of prayer my friend, if you have faith you need to believe that your prayers are heard and answered in fact we are told that all prayers are answered, trust me I understand your frustration in this. But you need to truly believe that your prayers are the most powerful thing you can ever do in any situation.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
thomasleonard said:
Iraqi christians are being persecuted in iraq, beheaded, tortured, and left to die. Islam is slaughtering gods children! Its disgusting! Why arent we hearing enough about this? This is ludacris! We need to take action against this otherwise it will continue!
We feed and take in enouh people by being christains!, its time we looked after our own!
This has gone on for way too long, its about time we done something about it or nobody will!
Islam is preaching its hatred daily, persecuting Abraham's people!
This is outrageous, i am so angry about this!
Praying will not protect them forever, action needs to be taken! The west needs to intervene and attack Islam in the heart. Because that is what tehy are doing as we speak, attacking christians in the heart, blowing up churches, desecrating holy places. Killing all non-muslims or forcing them to convert to islam pay or die.
This genocide of the people will continue and we are facing the complete destruction and elimination of christians in iraq! How has this happened! Why are we not doing anything!
Please people do something! Spread the news, look up the news yourselves!
I recently had a disturbing thought upon reading a report that there are no longer any Christians left in Mosul. They've all been driven out, every single one of them.

Christians are a royal priesthood, intercessors between a just God and an unjust world. As I've often stated in refuting the errors of the pretribulation rapture, when the intercessors have all been taken away, nothing stays the wrath of God. This happened in Sodom and Gomorrah and this happened in the Great Flood, both instances which Jesus used to describe the end times. I'm telling you it wouldn't surprise me if a massive meteor destroyed that entire city in Iraq, for they have removed from their midst all cause for merciful dealings.

And I agree with you that this is enraging to watch, for these are our brothers and sisters and I've been grieving and praying over this. I pronounce "Woe!" to those people who drove the righteous people of God from their midst, for failed to defend them, for our God is a consuming fire.
Madad21 said:
Never under estimate the power of prayer my friend, if you have faith you need to believe that your prayers are heard and answered in fact we are told that all prayers are answered, trust me I understand your frustration in this. But you need to truly believe that your prayers are the most powerful thing you can ever do in any situation.
I agree prayer is a powerful thing and I'm not quick to demand violence....

But I think in this case we need to pray for the courage to go in there with a brigade of mechanized infantry and blow them straight to hell.

Some people just need killing...just saying.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
This Vale Of Tears said:
I recently had a disturbing thought upon reading a report that there are no longer any Christians left in Mosul. They've all been driven out, every single one of them.

Christians are a royal priesthood, intercessors between a just God and an unjust world. As I've often stated in refuting the errors of the pretribulation rapture, when the intercessors have all been taken away, nothing stays the wrath of God. This happened in Sodom and Gomorrah and this happened in the Great Flood, both instances which Jesus used to describe the end times. I'm telling you it wouldn't surprise me if a massive meteor destroyed that entire city in Iraq, for they have removed from their midst all cause for merciful dealings.

And I agree with you that this is enraging to watch, for these are our brothers and sisters and I've been grieving and praying over this. I pronounce "Woe!" to those people who drove the righteous people of God from their midst, for failed to defend them, for our God is a consuming fire.

I agree prayer is a powerful thing and I'm not quick to demand violence....

But I think in this case we need to pray for the courage to go in there with a brigade of mechanized infantry and blow them straight to hell.

Some people just need killing...just saying.
Yeah I know how you feel, its getting really bad over there, but to be honest and this might sound bad and Im sure someone probably going to jump on me for it. But I cant help but to feel that as long as all this is a means towards ushering in an end, then so be it. If this is all part of the last days then Im not sorry to see it.
At the same time I am horrified for the people over there. I have prayed everyday without fail. Obama needs to do something, our country's all caught up in that plane crash, ol Tony Abbott's getting hot under the color (and rightfully so) I havent heard him say much about what going on in Iraq, was hoping he would get in Obama's ear seeings as Tony gave him a flash new surf board I thought they might be best of buds.

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
Its good to see all my fellow christians are discussing this topic, as its a topic worth discussing. We need to take action for these unjust atrocties, may god be with them.
God bless.

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
Our church prays for the Iraqi Christians before every service, our home fellowship group does the same ... as Madad says, there
is plenty of power in prayer.
I'm sure you've heard of the Welshman Reese Howells, if ever anything ever changed my mind on the power of prayer, it was his
testimony.
Next to our Saviour and Paul, I seriously doubt anyone has touched God like he did.
Our brothers in Iraq might be persecuted and give their lives up for Christ, but their reward in heaven is going to incredible.

as the Scripture says,

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them
that love him. 1 Cor 2:9

May God have mercy on the souls of those who take their lives.

Reactions: lforrest

walls of jericho941

Aug 22, 2014
What do you suggest we do? The bible tells us this will happen. We are only in the beginning of sorrows now(literaly means labor pains and can be found in Matthew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13)

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
walls of jericho941 said:
What do you suggest we do?
The same thing we did to Hitler when Jews were being massacred.

"When good men do nothing, evil will flourish."
- Winston Churchill

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
I agree Dan, we need to avenge them. Otherwise this massacre will continue.
Yes I understand the power of prayer, but it all just seems we are doing nothing to help. God bless them Christians. The last of the Aramaic language will be wiped off the map. All because of these demons of the devil.

walls of jericho941

Aug 22, 2014
Yea, to bad we don't have good men for leaders now. Everything is where it is supposed to be. Do not be surprised when the massacre starts in your neck of the woods. Things are about to heat up for us too!

Revelation 13:10, Luke 21:19

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
walls of jericho941 said:
Yea, to bad we don't have good men for leaders now. Everything is where it is supposed to be. Do not be surprised when the massacre starts in your neck of the woods. Things are about to heat up for us too!

Revelation 13:10, Luke 21:19
Right now I'm following the case of a Catholic family who owned a ranch in upstate New York where they host events and now they're being fined $13.000 by the New York "human rights commission" (although they're really the NY gestapo) because they refused to host a same sex wedding citing religious objections. How it happened is even more insidious because a lesbian couple simply called them up and recorded the phone conversation, which means they specifically targeted this Christian family. You're right, we won't have to leave our own shores to find genuine Christian persecution. I anticipate what's ahead of us and I'm preparing my children for it.

Bronzesnake

Jul 31, 2014
Ontario, Canada
The situation over there is far worse than any of us seem to believe, judging on the posts I see here.
Look, I know this will be very unpopular, but it's the truth!

We, Canada ands the U.S. and allies, never should have went into Iraq in the first place. I'm not talking about their retarded attempt to scoff Kuwait, they had that one coming.

Why do you think the allies didn't simply drive unopposed, down the hiway of mass destruction, and take Iraq back then?
It would have been as easy as drawing a hot knife through butter.
George Senior understood that taking Saddam out would have lead to utter chaos. He knew that Saddam, as evil as he was - he was necessary. He also knew that the replacement would have been much, much worse!

If Saddam was still in the big boy's chair, Iran would not be creating a nuclear weapon program today. Saddam tried that, does anyone remember how that worked out for him? Yes, Israel sent Saddam a love letter, straight from the heart, and the nuclear facility simply disappeared.

If Iran attempted to build nuclear weapons, and Saddam was still in charge, their nuclear program would be rubble and glass laying on the desert floor.

There was no proxy wars going on between Syria - Lebanon, or Palestine today, like we see. I'm not suggesting there would be peace in those countries, or anything near it, but I am saying it would not be an Iranian proxy war. Iran trains, and weaponizes thousands and thousands of mercenaries and ships them to the countries who also hate Israel. It's going on right now, with zero intervention! America is not dumb enough to get involved in those wars. That would open up a gigantic can of hurt for all Americans and their allies.

Sometimes, you need to put the meanest, ugliest s.o.b. in the yard to keep everyone else humble. It's a sad reality brothers and sisters.
Compare the lives of the average Iraqi, including Christians, from before Saddam was taken out, and today.
Saddam did not care what religion his people were. Saddam was not a radical Islamist. Everyone respected everyone else...or else!

So, what will the almighty Obama do about it? Nothing. He'll keep sending in bombers when every time ISIS gets too close to Baghdad. Predator Drones will randomly wife out a few dozen of them, but ISIS is banking on the hope that Americans are sick of war, and they want their sons and daughters alive and home!

American is war weary. Who can blame them? Look at how they treat the veterans who come home either seriously damaged, physically, and mentally, but lots of them are homeless and American high office does nothing! Despicable!
Those men and women should be treated like royalty!

Here's how screwed up we westerners are - we worship actors who portray soldiers in movies - we gather in huge crowds to worship them - they actually are arrogant enough to think they deserve it.
They actually speak out publicly about political things that they truly haven't the slightest clue about.

Elvis was a complete goof, but whenever a reporter asked him about Vietnam, or any other political situation, Elvis would refuse to talk about any of that publicly.
Our "stars" today actually believe they know what's best for us all, and they get angry when we don't go along with some of their political ideas! Just shut yer cakehole, and entertain us - we worship you, what more do you want?

I love the Beatles music, but Lennon and McCartney are/were full of themselves! they believe the legend!
McCartney actually stopped in the middle of a song at a concert, so he could berate, and belittle a woman who paid 2,000 dollars to sit in the front row to see him. Her sin? She was wearing fur!
Look, your wife went on and on publicly about how people should stop eating meat, and buy her vegetarian cook books because vegetarian food fights cancer cells from even forming. How did that work out for her?

Sorry, I went on a bit of a tangent there. But my main point is, there is very little stomach within America for sending their sons and daughters to fight people who will NEVER stop brutally murdering anyone and every one who does not believe like they do. It's a sad reality, but I don't see any real action being taken by America. If America doesn't go in, no one does.

Strangely enough, Putin came out and stated that, the Islamists have killed enough Christians, and he threatened to get in there and destroy them if they continue. So, we have a faint hope that Russia may take action.

Alright, I've blabbered on long enough.

John

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Bronzesnake is 100% correct. We should never have invaded a sovereign nation that wasn't a direct threat to U.S. soil. This is a mess that we created. But that's not a reason to preclude intervention when we have an opportunity and, I believe, a God given duty to stand between evil and the innocent when people are being massacred for their faith. But true to Democrat tradition by which Clinton ignored the genocide of 800,000 Rwandans, Obama will demonstrate the same depraved indifference.