Web Idea

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

willietdog

Aug 11, 2008
Hi ive tried evangilizing over the web and it just hasn't worked for me. But I noticed one thing, debates over it don't get you anywhere, if they want to argue just move on. The best way seems to be through example rather than facts, give them your testimony or miracles that you have seen, if you overwhelm them with these that are convincing they will convert. My Idea (and i will help with the design, I know great HTML and CSS, I'm getting really good I just can't do the whole user generated stuff) is to create a site where people can go and post miracles they have seen or stories they have heard. A kind of second bible full of all gods works and wonders. We could post the best ones onto the home page as being featured and have people rate them to see which are good and which are bad or uninteresting. then you just give people the url and bam they get filled with unexplainable and freek "coincidences" that they have to see the light at least allitle. This could be a great tool, a modern day bible.Again I would be very eager to start this project, and would be willing to learn how to do this if you could help. we would need someone for graphics or I can do some basic ones and someone for design (me possibly) and someone for programing the hard stuff (posting and stuff like that). Who likes the Idea?

proverbs1717

Aug 20, 2008
First, be careful posting your good ideas on a public forum. Several years ago, I was at Denny's when a guy at the table behind me started talking about his good idea, and it was fantastic. If I would have had less on my plate at that time, I would have started it that night. That was a long time ago, I wouldn't do something like that now. Instead, I'll try to give some suggestions that might help out.The easiest way to break in to dynamic web content is with an open source content management system. You will probably never have to get your hands dirty with PHP. The best, in my opinion, is Joomla (http://www.joomla.org). It has a very vibrant community adding to the platform. Joomla is relatively easy to setup and learn. It will quickly adapt to what you are wanting to create. I've gone some work with Joomla and developed a couple Christian themede sites with it (funnysermons.com).Joomla is completely free. Many, many churches and religious groups are using Joomla. Best of luck to you. I do think it is a good idea. People love to share there experience. If you've got a good design, it could go far.rick

willietdog

Aug 11, 2008
sry I have these ideas allot, when i say I have an idea like this and I don't really have the time or money or experience yet to do it, I guess I allmost want someone to steal it. I might do this eventually after I learn more, but right now if anyone wants to go ahead and build it, its a great idea and it saves me the time. I'm a thinker so I have WAY to many ideas and only about 1 out of 100 are yet doable by me and I could never do them all. So, I might eventually get around to it, mby ill take a class, but if not someone out there can steal it, just invite me when your done. lol

christianvideoblog

Oct 19, 2008
(willietdog;60314)
sry I have these ideas allot, when i say I have an idea like this and I don't really have the time or money or experience yet to do it, I guess I allmost want someone to steal it. I might do this eventually after I learn more, but right now if anyone wants to go ahead and build it, its a great idea and it saves me the time. I'm a thinker so I have WAY to many ideas and only about 1 out of 100 are yet doable by me and I could never do them all. So, I might eventually get around to it, mby ill take a class, but if not someone out there can steal it, just invite me when your done. lol
Hi willietdog,I "stole" your idea months ago, before you ever even had it! LOLAs a matter of fact I came on this board to let everyone know about the website. Problem is, the webmaster of this forum makes you post at least 3 times before you can give a URL. I understand why he does that, but not why he does it in this particular part of the forum, which is where you are SUPPOSED to post links.Anyway, look for my post entitled "FREE Christian Video Blog" as soon as I'm able to post links.VernonOK now that I have enough post to include links I've posted details here...http://www.christianityboard.com/free-chri...blog-t9000.html

Ursula123

Apr 22, 2007
No I never think it is bad to spread and share one's ideas. Yes, you are taking a risk, but you also might gain valuable feedback and helping hands.The time is ripe to have interactive websites, also and especially concerning evangelism, it is a language people speak today and we always have to pick them up at their point. And don't you listen, one good idea - in the internet there is room for at least two implementations. Only time will tell, what is the right way. I am just getting into the realm of the Internet, just started my own blog. But I happend to read today (for the first time) about drupal.org. I think it might be worth checking out the feature they offer for community driven website...Best of luck and :blessyou:,Ursula

coalface

Feb 1, 2009
I encourage anyone who has great ideas that glorify the Lord, to go with them.And I think that web evangelism is one of the ways to go, but it all depends on how you go about it. Horses for courses..............