wedding / marriage = celebrating sin ??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why would getting married be celebrating sin?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because we are all God children =?
You are, I believe, a little mixed up. This is what Jesus said on a very positive note about marriage:

"And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?" Matt 19:4-5

Holy999

Feb 18, 2020
stockholm
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
You are, I believe, a little mixed up. This is what Jesus said on a very positive note about marriage:

"And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?" Matt 19:4-5

jesus also said there will be like the angels.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Holy999

Jesus acknowledged as Apostle Paul did later that there could be a problem if we allow our spouse to come between us and God, but still God, the Creator made both males and females for one another. The key is for both of them to live well with each other and with God. Some people cannot do that. So then Paul writes:

"But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn." I Cor 7:9

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jesus also said there will be like the angels.
We are here now, and for us marriage is not an evil thing and done properly it is a very correct and a very good thing. What happens after we die physically is another thing. We are not there and we should not be focusing so much on that now:

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34