Were angels created in the image of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think so.

By angels, I mean conscious beings in the spiritual realm.

John 4:

God is spirit. Angels are spirits.

Revelation 7:

Job 1:

Angels are sons of God.

I think angels were created in the image of God. Like God, angels are spirits. They worship God. They are called sons of God.
Yes, God is spirit (no 'a' before spirit). And there's nothing in scripture that says that angels were created in God's image. To say so would be only speculation based on nothing. Satan is referred to as an angel of light 2 Cor 11:14. Also, the dragon and his angels fought with Michael and his angels Rev 12:7. Just a couple things to also consider.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And there's nothing in scripture that says that angels were created in God's image. To say so would be only speculation based on nothing.

Let proposition P1 = Angels were created in the image of God.

True?

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

True?
True, the implied conclusion of what all the Scriptures reveal to us about the angels indicates that they were created in the Image of God. The reason that the Scriptures do not teach us fully about the angels, God's plan for angels, and the invisible realm of God, is because the purpose of the Scriptures is for mankind's benefit, not angels.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they were created in the Image of God.

We are in ascendancy over the angel;s since we will sit in judgement over them.

So we out rank them, not to mention there's no angelic version of Jesus going to an angelic version of the cross to pay for angelic sins.

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are in ascendancy over the angel;s since we will sit in judgement over them.

So we out rank them, not to mention there's no angelic version of Jesus going to an angelic version of the cross to pay for angelic sins.
Since Lord Jesus is both God and man, the blood of the cross is sufficient to reconcile both the things in heaven and on earth to himself - for the angels and men are both servants of Lord Jesus.

By the blood of the cross the things in heaven and the things on earth will be reconciled to God - all those who are faithful to Lord Jesus, listening to and following Him (Matthew 28:19-20; John 10:26-29; John 15:10).

Colossians 1:18-20 (WEB) 18 He is the head of the body, the assembly, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For all the fullness was pleased to dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile all things to himself by him, whether things on the earth or things in the heavens, having made peace through the blood of his cross.

Positionally, one of the functions of saved humans, is to judge angels, but both the faithful angels and faithful humans are sons of God, and together, we are all fellow servants of Lord Jesus.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Lord Jesus is both God and man, the blood of the cross is sufficient to reconcile both the things in heaven and on earth to himself - for the angels and men are both servants of Lord Jesus.

Sorry, satan and all his demons won't be getting born again and will in fact be burning in hell forever.

It's actually the devil trying to get some sympathy that started the rumor that he and all his demons will be getting born again and welcomed back in to Heaven. I'm sure he appreciates folks thinking such nice thought about him and his demons.

That's a fresh hot pipping load of hose hockey if there ever was one.

It's hard to imaging anybody actually being the devil's advocate! clueless-doh.gif

Pic1__GIF.gif

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

True?
Since God created his “sons” in heaven and also on earth, (Adam is called a “son of God” since he was created by God, not born of a woman. Luke 3:38) why would he create his earthly “sons” in his “image and likeness” but create his heavenly sons differently? All these “sons” were deigned to serve their God in their respective realms, so because the angels also have free will as we do, (satan could not have rebelled unless this was so, and a third of the angles who joined him would also have exercised their free will in order to do that, how is it that some say angels are not created in God’s image…..what do people imagine that it means?

I would say that it encompasses all the freedom of choice that humans have, or the scenario that played out in Eden and all that resulted from that rebellion, could never have happened.

Christ has “brothers” and these reside in heaven and on earth. (Matt 25:40)

The angel who delivered the Revelation to John had much to tell him and in Rev 19:9-10 it says…

“And he tells me: “Write: Happy are those invited to the evening meal of the Lamb’s marriage.” Also, he tells me: “These are the true sayings of God.” 10 At that I fell down before his feet to worship him. But he tells me: “Be careful! Do not do that! All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the work of witnessing to Jesus. Worship God; for the bearing witness to Jesus is what inspires prophesying.”

So the angels are “fellow slaves” of faithful humans on earth who are preaching Christ’s message. How could they not then be made in God’s image and likeness, like human servants of God are?

Again in ch 22:8-9 something similar happens again…..

”Well, I John was the one hearing and seeing these things. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel that had been showing me these things. 9 But he tells me: “Be careful! Do not do that! All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who are prophets and of those who are observing the words of this scroll. Worship God.”

Note that twice the angel told John to ”be careful“ only to “worship God” and to bear witness to Jesus and observing the words of the scroll he had just revealed to John.

I believe that this gives us some insight into the role of the angels who serve their God faithfully but who, unlike humans do not have to combat sin because they are not of Adam’s flesh.
The ones who followed satan into rebellion were abusing their free will….God will deal with them shortly…

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, satan and all his demons won't be getting born again and will in fact be burning in hell forever.

It's actually the devil trying to get some sympathy that started the rumor that he and all his demons will be getting born again and welcomed back in to Heaven. I'm sure he appreciates folks thinking such nice thought about him and his demons.

That's a fresh hot pipping load of hose hockey if there ever was one.

It's hard to imaging anybody actually being the devil's advocate! View attachment 39310

View attachment 39308

Strawman argument. No one on this board, nor myself, has ever said that Satan and the demons will be saved. Three times now I denied your accusation and explained my position; yet, you knowingly slander me.

Twice before you used this same argument, and both times I stated my position; yet, you think you "win" an argument by deliberate slander against a Christian brother, and against celestial beings. Slanderers will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 5:11 (WEB) 11 But as it is, I wrote to you not to associate with anyone who is called a brother who is a sexual sinner, or covetous, or an idolater, or a slanderer, or a drunkard, or an extortionist. Don’t even eat with such a person.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (WEB) 9 Or don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Don’t be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor extortionists, will inherit God’s Kingdom.

Jude 1:8 (WEB) 8 Yet in the same way, these also in their dreaming defile the flesh, despise authority, and slander celestial beings.

You reject the Scriptures that clearly state that the blood of the cross reconciles both things in heaven and the things on earth - all those who are faithful to Lord Jesus, listening to and following Him (Matthew 28:19-20; John 10:26-29; John 15:10).

Colossians 1:18-20 (WEB) 18 He is the head of the body, the assembly, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For all the fullness was pleased to dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile all things to himself by him, whether things on the earth or things in the heavens, having made peace through the blood of his cross.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strawman argument. No one on this board, nor myself, has ever said that Satan and the demons will be saved. Three times now I denied your accusation and explained my position; yet, you knowingly slander me.

Then quit speaking as though you believe all things being redeem includes satan and his demons being saved and welcomed back in to God's Kingdom!

There are those out there teaching this so if you don't believe this then it's best to not speak as though you do using blanket statements that sound as thought this is what you are saying.

You reject the Scriptures that clearly state that the blood of the cross reconciles both things in heaven and the things on earth - all those who are faithful to Lord Jesus, listening to and following Him (Matthew 28:19-20; John 10:26-29; John 15:10).

So you do actually believe this includes the devil getting saved??? Or not?

This is what I'm talking about... you need to throw in "except the devil and his demons"

Because,. the Lord already said hell was created for the devil and his angels... meaning, they will NOT be included in God's Kingdom and thus NOT reconciled back unto the Lord.

You are not speaking clearly so I'm not :"slandering" you but instead pointing out that it sounds like you are claiming the devil and his demons are going to be reconciled unto the Lord.

If you are not saying that, then throw in a sentence that addresses that so everyone is clear...

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then quit speaking as though you believe all things being redeem includes satan and his demons being saved and welcomed back in to God's Kingdom!

I never wrote that. That is you slandering me again. You are a real low-life.

There are those out there teaching this so if you don't believe this then it's best to not speak as though you do using blanket statements that sound as thought this is what you are saying.

No one on this board believes that Satan and his demons will be saved. Those are your words. You are attacking others with false accusations.

So you do actually believe this includes the devil getting saved??? Or not?

Don't act as if you are innocent. My messages speak for themselves, in context. I plainly stated that Satan and his demons will not be saved in my previous messages. You are without excuse.

This is what I'm talking about... you need to throw in "except the devil and his demons"

Because,. the Lord already said hell was created for the devil and his angels... meaning, they will NOT be included in God's Kingdom and thus NOT reconciled back unto the Lord.

You are not speaking clearly so I'm not :"slandering" you but instead pointing out that it sounds like you are claiming the devil and his demons are going to be reconciled unto the Lord.

If you are not saying that, then throw in a sentence that addresses that so everyone is clear...

That is not what I said. I never made blanket statements. Rather, you are using bits and pieces of my messages out of context, just as you do with the Scriptures.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (WEB) 9 Or don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Don’t be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor extortionists, will inherit God’s Kingdom.

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And... ALL things does not include the devil and his demons

Glad yo cleared all that up homie! View attachment 39338

You sure seem uptight... whassup with that anyway? View attachment 39339

You didn't quote what I wrote; rather, you quoted part of the Scripture verse as follows:

If you don't know how to read Scripture in context, then you end up disfiguring God's Word.

In context, the "all things" refers to all who are saved by faith because of the blood of his cross, just as the NT keeps repeating throughout.