Were the brothers in Matthew 13:55 Mary's sons?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you willing to put money where your mouth is?
I don't have money--after rent, tithe, food, I have little.
But I'll tell you what.
I would and am betting my eternal life that Mary was just a blessed woman--not a perpetual virgin, not a mediatrix, not one to pray to, not assumed into Heaven. I don't even believe she is in Heaven yet--waiting on the resurrection, as are all the others. Jesus is the only way.

"No man cometh to the Father, but by me". John 14:6

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is it written that Mary was an ark?

God wanted the ark to be created perfectly with the purest materials to hold the written Word of God. Why would He put less thought and care into the creation of the ark that would carry His Word made flesh, and have Mary be an impure being? Seriously asking.

⁸And did you never read in the book of Job where the angels took their station before God and satan entered right in among them….bold as brass….so evil can exist for a time where God resides if he has a good enough reason to tolerate it.

But, what I'm saying is God wouldn't reside in sin if He didn't have to or want to. Why would Mary HAVE TO BE a sinful person? Why would God want Her to be? Do you not believe He's capable of preserving Her soul from original sin so as to carry, raise, and assist God Incarnate?

Now go to Leviticus 12:6-8…here are the rules for childbirth……a woman was “unclean“ for several weeks after birth.
“When the days of her purification for a son or a daughter are completed, she will bring a young ram in its first year for a burnt offering and a young pigeon or a turtledove for a sin offering to the entrance of the tent of meeting, to the priest. 7 He will present it before Jehovah and make atonement for her, and she will be clean from her flow of blood. This is the law about the woman who gives birth to either a male or a female. 8 But if she cannot afford a sheep, she must then take two turtledoves or two young pigeons, one for a burnt offering and one for a sin offering, and the priest will make atonement for her, and she will be clean.’”

Did Mary need to present a “sin offering” after the birth of her son?
Luke 2:22-24…”when the time came for purifying them according to the Law of Moses, they brought him up to Jerusalem to present him to Jehovah, 23 just as it is written in Jehovah’s Law: “Every firstborn male must be called holy to Jehovah.” 24 And they offered a sacrifice according to what is said in the Law of Jehovah: “a pair of turtledoves or two young pigeons.”

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wanted the ark to be created perfectly with the purest materials to hold the written Word of God. Why would He put less thought and care into the creation of the ark that would carry His Word made flesh, and have Mary be an impure being? Seriously asking.

But, what I'm saying is God wouldn't reside in sin if He didn't have to or want to. Why would Mary HAVE TO BE a sinful person? Why would God want Her to be? Do you not believe He's capable of preserving Her soul from original sin so as to carry, raise, and assist God Incarnate?

the problem with this thinking is the Jesus needed to be pure. Not mary

mary gave birth to Jesus flesh. God entered the flesh that mary birthed and he became Jesus the God/man

Reactions: Cassandra

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the problem with this thinking is the Jesus needed to be pure. Not mary

mary gave birth to Jesus flesh. God entered the flesh that mary birthed and he became Jesus the God/man

Jesus was pure before He even became the man-God, because He's God. The point is God wanted the ark that carried His written Word, to be made perfect, with the purest materials. Why would He make Mary, the ark that would carry His Word made flesh, with less thought and care, and make Her impure?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was pure before He even became the man-God, because He's God. The point is God wanted the ark that carried His written Word, to be made perfect, with the purest materials. Why would He make Mary, the ark that would carry His Word made flesh, with less thought and care, and make Her impure?
She is not the Ark. That's made up. It says that nowhere. Don't forget the Ark also had Aaron's rod that budded. Where does that fit in?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
once again

Mary did not Carry God. She carried a flesh body that God would enter to become God man.

Jesus did not enter the child until he was already born.

If Mary needed to be perfect. by practice mary's mother would have to be perfect as would her mother and her mother and her mother....

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rather take your money :)

There's a lack of conviction in stopping at money. If you know something is true, you'd die to defend that Truth. That's how far I'm willing to go.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She is not the Ark. That's made up. It says that nowhere. Don't forget the Ark also had Aaron's rod that budded. Where does that fit in?

I didnt say Mary was the Ark of the Ten Commandments....wow. Re-read what I said.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because stopping at money doesn't show conviction.
If you insist, sure.

Let proposition P1 = Mary remained a virgin till she died.
P2 = Mary did not remain a virgin till she died.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on the above proposition? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.

Are you willing to bet your life based on your weighting scheme?