Were We Alive In Heaven Before We Were Born?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 1:5
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.../KJV

If Jesus knew us before we were in the womb, then we were in His presence before. We know that Jesus does not force the Gospel or Salvation upon any man. He has given us free will and wont violate it. So doesnt it make sense that since Jesus never foreces Himself upon anyone, and He never changes (!) that is it possible that we agreed to come here? Or maybe even chose our parents that we would be born to?

He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, and He knew us before we were in the womb. What did we talk about? Apparently, being born with Amnesia was part of the course.

What do you think?

Reactions: St. SteVen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Human race never existed prior to the creation of Adam.
The Earth was without form and void prior to the creation process. In other words, it didn't exist.....and neither did its inhabitants.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Human race never existed prior to the creation of Adam.
The Earth was without form and void prior to the creation process. In other words, it didn't exist.....and neither did its inhabitants.

Do you have a scripture for that? I agree the earth was without form and void. But that's not me. That's not you. It says nothing about the inhabitants.

Unless I missed it and you can show it to me?

Reactions: JohnDB

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.../KJV

If Jesus knew us before we were in the womb, then we were in His presence before. We know that Jesus does not force the Gospel or Salvation upon any man. He has given us free will and wont violate it. So doesnt it make sense that since Jesus never foreces Himself upon anyone, and He never changes (!) that is it possible that we agreed to come here? Or maybe even chose our parents that we would be born to?

He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, and He knew us before we were in the womb. What did we talk about? Apparently, being born with Amnesia was part of the course.

What do you think?
I think that God is fully apart from our time continuum. We experience life in a sequence, events having duration, and change, and we ourselves change, as we experience our lives as a series of moments, bound by the laws of physics, including time.

I think that God is not constrained by the constraints He imposes on His creation. Just like a writer can open to any page in his book he chooses, so also I think that God participates in every moment of our lives, yet able to do so without having to go moment by moment through it with us.

So that, what happens next week will be unknown to me until I experience it, however, God, being apart from our time continuum, has a fully different interaction with time itself, being His own construct. He's not waiting to experience my life with me, He already is there in every moment.

I think that God created humanity all at once in Adam, and we have "unfolded" from him generation by generation ever since, without having been alive previously in heaven.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is it possible that we agreed to come here? Or maybe even chose our parents that we would be born to?
This was what I thought before I became Christian. I was taught that literally by demons.

Much love!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you have a scripture for that? I agree the earth was without form and void. But that's not me. That's not you. It says nothing about the inhabitants.

Unless I missed it and you can show it to me?
The scripture explains the creation of mankind in the first couple of chapters of Genesis. We can accurately assume from those accounts that Man did not exist prior.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What do you think?
Just a thought.

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Is this not specifically for Jeremiah? Does this not say that he was ordained to be a prophet?

I just do not see it as applying to all.

I do believe that God did specifically have some pre-chosen for specific jobs as he was forming His plans... but I dont think it was all.

Could be wrong....

Blessings

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What do you think?
This doesn't at all say that we existed in Heaven before we were born. It speaks to God's foreknowledge. The Godhead counted the cost before laying the foundations of the earth and creating man/humanity.

Luke 14:28

[28]For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

Isaiah 46:9-10

[9]Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
[10]Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What do you think?
Ecc 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Eze 18:4
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
Rom 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Zec 12:1
The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

Rememberance is not for the man but for God.
We won't remember our past. For all of our iniquities God will put far behind us.

Psa 146:1
Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.
Psa 146:2
While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
Psa 146:3
Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
Psa 146:4
His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
Psa 146:5
Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:
Psa 146:6
Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever:

Our thoughts will be the very mind of Christ from whence we came.
When we see him we shall see him as he is.. why?
1Jo 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

He is the very image of what we will become.

In the beginning God created ALL things. Question is: Does all things include us all?

I believe our very being comes from God and returns to God.
The bookends.
Everything in the middle is our getting to know God and to love him.
The classroom.

Will our memories of this carnal life be remembered?
What for?

If God forgets them why should we remember them?

Is there anything in this world worth holding onto once you are returned to the one who created you?

Who created the spirit in man? Where did it come from? Where is it going?

Isa 65:17
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

If the former doesn't come to God's mind, what makes us think we will retain our former lives in our own mind?

What does it mean to have the mind of Christ? Is Christ's mind eternal?
Will we remember anything other than what is in the mind of Christ?
Will we return to the very mind from which we originated?

Do we have our own mind? Is this free will? What happens when our own mind opposes Christ's mind?
Is it eternal? Does it have life in itself?

Or is eternal life only in the mind of God?

What is mind?

Hugs

Reactions: amadeus

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What do you think?
God knew us, but we did not exist until we were conceived.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were We Alive In Heaven Before We Were Born?
There is this idea of existing in the form of God's eternal (timeless plan). In that sense we existed before our incarnation.

I like the idea but there is no Scriptural evidence that humans have a life outside a body.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What do you think?

The Bible also says that Jesus was slain (Rev 13:8)from the foundation of the world. Does that mean He died beforehand? Nope. No need for all of the animal sacrifices, and further His own sacrifice if it had already been done. Are you surprised at all that an ALL KNOWING CREATOR would know all about everyone before they were being formed?

I think you'd probably find your niche at the local Mormon church.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 2:7
[7]And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

John 1:18
[18]No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

No one has seen God but the Son (Jesus). That in itself is proof we weren't with God before we were conceived.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is this idea of existing in the form of God's eternal (timeless plan). In that sense we existed before our incarnation.

I like the idea but there is no Scriptural evidence that humans have a life outside a body.

I gave you the scripture which is the evidence. ?? He knew us before we were in the womb, which is to say...before our flesh body was born.

I might have lived 10000 years before I signed up for this earth class. Maybe He tried to talk me out of it? It is a hard class.

Reactions: Mr E

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you'd probably find your niche at the local Mormon church.

What kind of crack is that?! Oh go make us some sandwiches.

The Bible also says that Jesus was slain (Rev 13:8)from the foundation of the world. Does that mean He died beforehand? Nope. No need for all of the animal sacrifices, and further His own sacrifice if it had already been done. Are you surprised at all that an ALL KNOWING CREATOR would know all about everyone before they were being formed?

No I wouldnt be surprised thay he knew me before I was born because He IS the Author of me! I just dont know how everything in the spiritual realm works yet! Perhaps you have me confused with someone who knows it all? Lol.

But I can see what your trying to say, and I think it's kind of nutty. The Lord didnt die before man fell and He doesnt have to go and die over and over again. Instead of thinking like, God can time travel which is wrong we can just say I dont know how spiritual realm works. But Jesus said (correct me if I'm wrong!)...I knew you before I formed you in the womb.

Did He "know of" me? It doesn't say that. It says "I" Knew YOU before you were formed in the womb. So think I had to be there before I was born here.

There has to be time there because God speaks of yesterdays, todays and tomorrows.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 2:7
[7]And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

John 1:18
[18]No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

No one has seen God but the Son (Jesus). That in itself is proof we weren't with God before we were conceived.

Thank you for making my point! Genesis 2:7

Man "Became" a living soul. What was man before that? We were spirit beings made of light. Then Jesus made a sand sculpture of a body and then breathed us into it...and the combination of the mixture a spirit and a body made me generate something else? A soul and God attached it to our spirit.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of crack is that?! Oh go make us some sandwiches.

No I wouldnt be surprised thay he knew me before I was born because He IS the Author of me! I just dont know how everything in the spiritual realm works yet! Perhaps you have me confused with someone who knows it all? Lol.

The Lord didnt die before man fell and He doesnt have to go and die over and over again. Instead of thinking like, God can time travel which is wrong we can just say I dont know how spiritual realm works. But Jesus said (correct me if I'm wrong!)...I knew you before I formed you in the womb.

Did He "know of" me? It doesn't say that. It says "I" Knew YOU before you were formed in the womb. So think I had to be there before I was born here.

There has to be time there because God speaks of yesterdays, todays and tomorrows.
Mormons believe that we were all spirit babies before we came here that is why i posted that. Might fall more in line with your thinking.

What i was saying is that you read God knew us before we were in the womb, and are trying to take that literally. I am saying that the Bible also uses the phrase "Lamb slain from foundation of the world, but you don't take that one literally. Neither are literal. They show that God knew us before He made us, and the plan of salvation was in place before the foundation of the world.

Yesterdays todays and tomorrows are man things. God is outside of time. In the beginning (time) God created Heaven (space ) and earth(matter) God created time.

Reactions: marks and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man "Became" a living soul. What was man before that?
Before that, there was some dust, and God formed man from the dust of the earth, just like the scripture says. It doesn't say we were "spirit beings made of light." God breathed His own neshamah (life) into a body of clay called "man" ... and then man became a living soul.

Did you not even read what is said in John 1:18 of Jesus, that HE is the only one who has seen God because He is in the bosom of the Father? If you and I were with God before conception, we would have seen Him.

Last edited:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mormons believe that we were all spirit babies before we came here that is why i posted that. Might fall more in line with your thinking.

What i was saying is that you read God knew us before we were in the womb, and are trying to take that literally. I am saying that the Bible also uses the phrase "Lamb slain from foundation of the world, but you don't take that one literally. Neither are literal. They show that God knew us before He made us, and the plan of salvation was in place before the foundation of the world.

I've never been inside of mormon church in my life. I can't accept your invitation into mormonism, but thanks anyway! Do you know how to make a Reuben?

I didnt say that I dont take it literally. Do you know what omnipresent means? Do a word study on that one. Of course it means God is present everywhere at once, but more than that it means that God is everywhere at once at all times in history and future. Ponder that one for a moment and tell me the answer to it lol! Because I dont have it. One day I will eveolve in spirit enough to have more understanding than I do now (Or you). Just because you dont understand something about God doesnt mean it's not a literal truth if we could but wrap our mind around it.