Westboro Baptist Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
This is sort of in response/correlation to the thread entitled "Christian gay bashing".

If you have time, watch these two videos (there are also other videos you can watch on the same subject which will be in the righthand bracket) and feel free to give your point of view.

Sometimes, there is a (mute) problem with the audio. I don't know why this is--if it's just this computer. But I have watched this videos more than once and there is audio to them. You just may have to try it again if you encounter this problem.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I have no interest in watching the videos.

I would say though that I have yet to come across a single solitary Christian church, Christian organization or individual Christian person who has said they feel that this church is a Christian church or that what they are doing is right.

There are wing-nuts in every religion, church, political group, organization, etc.

While it is a typical political trick to try to paint an entire group by their most fringe element, it is wrong and unfair to do so.

That would be like saying that the homosexuals who march in the gay rights parades dressed as fairies, angels, wearing diapers, or handcuffed and clad in leather are perfect examples of ALL homosexuals.

To imply that the Westboro Baptist church is a perfect example of how Christians act towards gays would mean that since NAMBLA marches in the gay rights parades, ALL gays are pedophiles.

Give me a break.

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
If I am trying to paint the Christian church with a broad stroke, when I am a christian myself, it doesn't take much to do it. Everywhere you look, you see a double standard on this issue of sex. Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I can only speak on what I have observed.

I'm not going to get into a drawn out argument, because we can do this all day. Christianity is full of philosophy and "interpretation", which are only fancy words for opinions, and like someone said; "opinions are like noses--everybody has one".

But here is another video, of an entirely different denomination speaking on the same issue. As a matter of fact, here are two videos of two different prophets...I won't quote them. You watch for yourself and see if this was the H-ly Spirit in operation.

Prophet Todd Hall
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JA_cz34sY3U

Prophet Brian Carn

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
LInks? No. I have limited time online as it is.

A synopsis please.

The liberal use of the word "interpretations" means you never really have to follow any edict in the Bible beyond how YOU want to.

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
LInks? No. I have limited time online as it is.

A synopsis please.

The liberal use of the word "interpretations" means you never really have to follow any edict in the Bible beyond how YOU want to.

Excuse me. The point I'm trying to make is the state that the church is in. I don't have time to go in depth, but I have the stubborn tendency to do so. lol. It's like I can't just give you a synopsis in one or two sentences. I'm in the process of writing some letters to... But I can't really go into it now, as far as what I believe is happening throughout the body of Christ. But you will probably get a better synopsis just by reading the comments at the bottom of these videos. The videos should be working. But the major point I was making is to use your own discernment on the messages in the videos. Do you think that these ministers were preaching out of their flesh or in the Spirit?

Visitor

Aug 18, 2009
I have no interest in watching the videos.

I would say though that I have yet to come across a single solitary Christian church, Christian organization or individual Christian person who has said they feel that this church is a Christian church or that what they are doing is right.

There are wing-nuts in every religion, church, political group, organization, etc.

While it is a typical political trick to try to paint an entire group by their most fringe element, it is wrong and unfair to do so.

That would be like saying that the homosexuals who march in the gay rights parades dressed as fairies, angels, wearing diapers, or handcuffed and clad in leather are perfect examples of ALL homosexuals.

To imply that the Westboro Baptist church is a perfect example of how Christians act towards gays would mean that since NAMBLA marches in the gay rights parades, ALL gays are pedophiles.

Give me a break.
Maybe the homosexual issue strikes too close to home for you? It sounds like you are defending them to me and that makes me wonder why. The Holy Bible says they are an abomination to God. If you defend them, you are a partaker of their evil deeds. And as far as the NAMBLA goes, I notice that you’re hard pressed to get homosexuals to condemn them. Concerning the anti homosexual church posted, I don’t agree with some of their tactics, but if you ask me they are more Christian than anyone that dares to defend homosexuals.

P.S. I may or may not read any replies since I don’t get on this forum that often and sometimes don’t remember what post I replied to on the different forums I post on.

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
Maybe the homosexual issue strikes too close to home for you? It sounds like you are defending them to me and that makes me wonder why. The Holy Bible says they are an abomination to God. If you defend them, you are a partaker of their evil deeds. And as far as the NAMBLA goes, I notice that you’re hard pressed to get homosexuals to condemn them. Concerning the anti homosexual church posted, I don’t agree with some of their tactics, but if you ask me they are more Christian than anyone that dares to defend homosexuals.

P.S. I may or may not read any replies since I don’t get on this forum that often and sometimes don’t remember what post I replied to on the different forums I post on.

These people at Westboro in Kansas are deluded and God has turned them over to a Reprobate Mind. (Romans 1:18 thru the last) I have been banned from more than one web site because of my views on the homosexual issue but I will not cease to teach it as sin. As for the Military that die in battle, some are saved and some are not just as some of my men in Vietnam were. One young Baptist Preacher had just graduated when he was drafted and he did not play the status card and become a Chaplin but served in my unit as a crewchief. He was in country for 12 months and was shot down 13 times before he went home to find a church to serve in. He was God's witness to me and quite a few other lost men there. I regret that there are teachers like Fred Phelps but people really need to read their Bibles or they will rot in Hell for an eternity.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I seen the videos and watched documentaries abou them in the apst and i think Westbro Baptist should be shut down and restraining orders put on all of them from preventing them from picketting soldier's fuenrals. If they break the order then they can go to jail.

I'll make my point crystal clear; Westbro's members are scum, they are th pits of the earth and the are wrong and they will be eternally sorry.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Exactly.

These people are a weird cult of whackos. Calling themselves Christians does not make it so.

stephenbooth

Dec 24, 2010
this is a reply to the poster mentioned being banned, im Canadian, here we have the United Church of Canada, they have a message forum called wondercafe.ca, i got banned from there, but not for my views on homosexuality, i believe for my views on Christ. being that i believe in Christs divinity and the scriptures, i wasnt over bearing but spoke of 'striving' for belief in the most part, i included scripture in my posts along with my point of view, i bevame very contoversial at that site, and i believe i was untimatly banned for this reason (plus i was persistent).... check them out in the religeon and faith section of wondercafe.ca and maybe bring them some scripture relating to their topics...... it isnt as wild as it was when i first joined 4 months ago (more or less), but im sure it will return to that fashion of wild 'theories' dismissing the scriptures and Christs divinity. this of course isnt the case with everyone, but i hope some of you might join and bring the scriptures to teh forfront at wondercafe.ca

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This group has been re-classified by the US government from a church to a hate group - they are no longer tax exempt. Also, most of the 70 member congregation consists of family and extended family members. Finally, a large number of the congregation are lawyers - the members have been in thousands of lawsuits over the years - apparently, they live off the money they make from suing people who become angry enough to attack them while they are picketing. Nice, huh?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
This group has been re-classified by the US government from a church to a hate group - they are no longer tax exempt. Also, most of the 70 member congregation consists of family and extended family members. Finally, a large number of the congregation are lawyers - the members have been in thousands of lawsuits over the years - apparently, they live off the money they make from suing people who become angry enough to attack them while they are picketing. Nice, huh?

I think the best way to handle them is to ignore them and walk away. Attacking them would only prove that they are right about us. As Martin Luther King Jr. said, "you cannot conquer darkness using darkness. Only the light can conquer darkness." As Christians, we must live out our true creed by being the light of the world.

This group already tell lies about God when they say that God hates all of us except them. The saddest thing is that they teach their little children this kind of hate. However, there is a judgement for all this.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
I seen the videos and watched documentaries abou them in the apst and i think Westbro Baptist should be shut down and restraining orders put on all of them from preventing them from picketting soldier's fuenrals. If they break the order then they can go to jail.
Yeah, THAT'S showing Christ's love.

Let's also piss on that document called the Constitution while we're at it:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Make no mistake, I don't support them.

But you people advocating for regulation or restraint are no better than they are.

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
These people at Westboro in Kansas are deluded and God has turned them over to a Reprobate Mind. (Romans 1:18 thru the last) I have been banned from more than one web site because of my views on the homosexual issue but I will not cease to teach it as sin. As for the Military that die in battle, some are saved and some are not just as some of my men in Vietnam were. One young Baptist Preacher had just graduated when he was drafted and he did not play the status card and become a Chaplin but served in my unit as a crewchief. He was in country for 12 months and was shot down 13 times before he went home to find a church to serve in. He was God's witness to me and quite a few other lost men there. I regret that there are teachers like Fred Phelps but people really need to read their Bibles or they will rot in Hell for an eternity.

Do you also teach against pride, envy, gluttony, lust, anger, greed, sloth, and divorce... which are all things that G-d hates? The bibkle says that a liar will not tarry in G-d's presence. do you rally against lying and cheating with as much ferocity? There are other "abominations" in the bible that no one ever quotes. But people are quick to single out homosexuality as the worst thing that a person can be. Usually by people with a political or social agenda. It's a lop-sided view, because it comes fom partiality. And the bible says that ther is no particiality in G-d.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Yeah, THAT'S showing Christ's love.

Let's also piss on that document called the Constitution while we're at it:

Steady on TexUS, steady on. I've mentioned enough tiems I'm not American.
In England you just can't get away with this kind of thing. A church like that, which is classified as a hate group wouldn't just be allowed to go on, it would be shut down.

We have a right to free speech but since the rise of Islamic terrorism and in turn Islamophobia, we have tightened up on people who go around preachign hate. Basically, what it does is stop Christians from speaking out against social injustice. If they tried to incite hatred like that over here they would go to jail, for inciting religions hatred.

Please don't think I'm disrespectful of the US constitution, I agree with a lot of it but freedom of speech, you must agree is a double edged sword.

Surely in a democracy something that outrages enough people could be banned. Even so I would respect Westbro's right to exist as long as they stop speaking out.

None of them will ever got to jail though, because they ahve so many liars, I mean lawyers.

No disrespect mean't.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Steady on TexUS, steady on. I've mentioned enough tiems I'm not American.
In England you just can't get away with this kind of thing.
That's why we packed up, left, and established the land of the free and home of the brave.

Your laws don't apply to us here.

Freedom means we must accept other people's rights to that freedom as well.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Where did you get those values from in the first place.? What about English common law, Magna Carta and parliament, constitutional monarchy as opposed to absolutist?

Your laws don't apply to us here.

And your's don't apply to me

I'm jsut as much a member of this forum as you are