What’s the point of it all

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why do we persist in this futile struggle of 9-5 every single day for decades, and what does it have to do with what happens to us after we die

And why is it that pretty much everyone is content to keep going instead of saying they’re fed up with it and asking God to take us off this planet

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why do we persist in this futile struggle of 9-5 every single day for decades, and what does it have to do with what happens to us after we die

And why is it that pretty much everyone is content to keep going instead of saying they’re fed up with it and asking God to take us off this planet
Oh dear, you sound a bit jaded. We do the jobs so we can pay the bills and feed the children and ourselves.

Colossians 3:23-24
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ecclesiastes 2:22

“So what do people get in this life for all their hard work and anxiety?”

Or in other words, DANCE PUPPETS DANCE

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ecclesiastes 2:22

“So what do people get in this life for all their hard work and anxiety?”

Or in other words, DANCE PUPPETS DANCE
You need to change your job if you feel like that about it.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Its not a matter of changing job

It’s a matter of why we persist in whatever it is we do

When do we say we have had enough of this futile existence and demand to leave this planet

It would be interesting to see Gods reaction if millions or billions of us just took to the streets every single day saying something like “WE WANT OUT”

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is death--our whole life passing before our eyes. It's a B movie, with an alternate ending of our choice: horror, or happy ending. The Usher is the Son of God, He stands before the preferred exist.

Reactions: Nancy

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When do we say we have had enough of this futile existence and demand to leave this planet

It would be interesting to see Gods reaction if millions or billions of us just took to the streets every single day saying something like “WE WANT OUT”
Millions and billions do.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is death--our whole life passing before our eyes. It's a B movie, with an alternate ending of our choice: horror, or happy ending. The Usher is the Son of God, He stands before the preferred exist.
I choose “that movie was garbage and I want a refund”

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How about this...?

Mt 6:30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Mt 6:31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mt 6:32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mt 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Mt 6:34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

You sound depressed now. People need to work to support themselves and their families unless they are skivers and live off benefits. God ordained that Adam should work for his living and the bible also says:

Ephesians 4:28 — The New International Version (NIV)

Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.

And I believe that verse applies to everyone not just former thieves.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It might turn out like Israel demanding a king. That didn’t work out so well for them.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To a point I totally agree with you when you say to ask God to take us off this planet. Now prayers to the Father for the 'return' or new presence of our lord, the Son of God is always spiritually and mentally healthy as I surmise you are in Christ and I also know this world is terminal and temporary and generally evil in nature. You sound fairly intelligent and have spiritual knowledge.

I would say further however that as we are locked into this physical domain of space and time and we pray and follow the path given to us by our lord as the Father desires. And yes, time on this earth is actually quite short in the larger scheme of things. Meantime in this 'prison' of sorts, in this fallen world stay close to positive and mature Christians who can also see what you see in life and are working with God today to cause meaning in their lives.

Once we are born it is a fact we are already beginning to decay and die. This is a morbid and unfruitful way of thinking however.

Make the most of it with God on your side.

Tell others time is short on this earth and to made a real decision given by the Father to accept his Son, their true life after this one depends on it!

Bless you...

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Apache1
I can surely relate to what you say and all that keeps coming to my mind is the below scripture. The fact that His return seems to take forever is actually His love, in wanting to give us plenty of opportunities to reach out to Him, to repent and be saved. There are many friends, family members, that I pray to find and believe in Him. Yes, life can seem to be drudgery but as Pearl say's, we need to focus on the positive and that to me is. Jesus. Hang in brother, He is coming...

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
2 Peter 3:9

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello Apache1, What is the point, I think is to deny yourself, take up your cross, and follow Christ as He has said,

For the Son of man is to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay every man for what he has done. Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."-Matthew 16:24-28 By his works and words Jesus blazed a perilous path for others to follow.

24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.
28 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”
Read full chapter

Love, Walter and Debbie

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the heavenlies.

This is what Jesus spoke of when He said “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father." Before and during the time of Christ there were miracles in this natural world, but the "greater works" are now done that the former things were only signs of.

Each time someone hears Jesus knocking at the door and opens it, greater works occur in heaven. Millions and billions opened the door.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is life and God brings us life. We should want to live and be blessed by God. To love God is the best we can do and it is also commanded of us, to love God and love our neighbor. Once we love God he speaks peace, love and joy into our hearts. And we serve him by serving others.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We have to pay our bills, so we stick with the 9-5, with a plan to retire in old age and live happily ever after. Plus parents have children to raise and educate. As all this happens, I suspect God is educating us to become citizens of heaven.

We can ask God to take us off this planet, and he will, after our education is complete.