• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our feet without socks cling and hold on to a lot of the clutter that lies within the house. Then in that day, dust was prominent considering the territory of lands traveled. Jesus told his disciples to kick off the dust of their feet when one doesn’t listen to their message they came to preach, which was a message to the Jewish nation first as the main focus and concern. Jesus, exclaimed since he washed their feet, so also they too.

Is feet rubbing really the spiritual understanding of what is being said here?

IMG_0170.jpeg

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a very deep spiritual understanding; more of a surface analysis, but this is partly about abandoning any illusion of pride and superiority to kneel down on the floor and wash somebody's dirty, stinkin' feet. (And incidentally expose yourself to a kick in the face with a Nelson Muntz "Ha Ha!" laugh.) "You call Me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord’; and you say well, for so I am." When you realize who this is kneeling to serve us, when by rights it should be us serving Him...

A call to abandon our sense of pride and position and superiority and serve the last and the least in love. Traditionally, humility IS a spiritual virtue. One of our church members recalled a "foot washing" service they had at his previous church. He said it really was spiritually moving.

Last edited:
Reactions: quietthinker

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3 Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility consider one another as more important than yourselves; 4 do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. 5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, as He already existed in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself by taking the form of a bond-servant and being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death: death on a cross. (Philippians 2:3-8)

Foot-washing and changing adult diapers comes in there somewhere.

Reactions: quietthinker

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our feet without socks cling and hold on to a lot of the clutter that lies within the house. Then in that day, dust was prominent considering the territory of lands traveled. Jesus told his disciples to kick off the dust of their feet when one doesn’t listen to their message they came to preach, which was a message to the Jewish nation first as the main focus and concern. Jesus, exclaimed since he washed their feet, so also they too.
Why was it that Jesus washed His apostles’ feet, but when Peter suggested that He wash more than his feet, Jesus then answered?

"... He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all." John 13:10

The purposes of the heart and head of each, except Judas Iscariot, were clean.

“For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.” John 13:11

All of them had walked in places that were unclean. That is to say, they had each and every one of them walked in sin. Jesus was preparing them to walk on a new pathway. Only the one mentioned retained evil purposes in his heart and he alone needed more than a foot washing.

“If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.” John 13:14-15

How can we walk along the “highway of holiness” [Isa 35:8] when our feet are still unclean from the sinful pathways on which we have already walked?

Thus it was needful for the priests under the old covenant to wash themselves so as not to defile the tabernacle in the wilderness or the temple. This was a shadow of the place where we are to enter with Jesus and His Father.

"So they shall wash their hands and their feet, that they die not: and it shall be a statute for ever to them, even to him and to his seed throughout their generations." Exo 30:21

Jesus explains here why it was not necessary to wash one’s hands:

“But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.” Matt 15:18-20

"The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up.

He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them.

He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.” I Sam 2:7-9

"And she arose, and bowed herself on her face to the earth, and said, Behold, let thine handmaid be a servant to wash the feet of the servants of my lord." I Sam 25:41

"God is my strength and power: And he maketh my way perfect.

He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places." II Sam 22:33-34 [Ps 18:33][Hab 3:19]

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.” Ps 40:2

“For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?” Ps 56:13

“The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.” Ps 58:10

“I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto thy testimonies.” Ps 119:59

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 43836
NOPE . cause JESUS DRIED their feet with a towel . and had a basin of water .
It aint foot rubbing . sounds a lil too sensual too me my friend . Lets keep it true and right .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why was it that Jesus washed His apostles’ feet, but when Peter suggested that He wash more than his feet, Jesus then answered?

"... He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all." John 13:10

“For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.” John 13:11

All of them had walked in places that were unclean. That is to say, they had each and every one of them walked in sin. Jesus was preparing them to walk on a new pathway. Only the one mentioned retained evil purposes in his heart and he alone needed more than a foot washing.

“If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.” John 13:14-15

How can we walk along the “highway of holiness” [Isa 35:8] when our feet are still unclean from the sinful pathways on which we have already walked?

Thus it was needful for the priests under the old covenant to wash themselves so as not to defile the tabernacle in the wilderness or the temple. This was a shadow of the place where we are to enter with Jesus and His Father.

"So they shall wash their hands and their feet, that they die not: and it shall be a statute for ever to them, even to him and to his seed throughout their generations." Exo 30:21

“But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.” Matt 15:18-20

He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them.

He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.” I Sam 2:7-9

"And she arose, and bowed herself on her face to the earth, and said, Behold, let thine handmaid be a servant to wash the feet of the servants of my lord." I Sam 25:41

He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places." II Sam 22:33-34 [Ps 18:33][Hab 3:19]

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.” Ps 40:2

“For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?” Ps 56:13

“The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.” Ps 58:10

notice what else JESUS said , but you are not ALL clean .
He spoke of judas . AND what did JESUS later say to them . YE ARE CLEAN through the WORD that i have spoken unto you .
WHY o why are many men omitting them words my friend and heeding men who twist and omit them words .
As far as the foot washing . I seem to notice something about the preparation of the gospel when paul was writing
about the armour of GOD .
AND HAVE YOUR FEET SHOD with the preparation of the gospel . COULD THERE BE A LINK .
maybe so my friend . maybe so .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

TIME to praise and to thank the glorious LORD . i have found a simple truth my friend .
THERE is no such thing as too much praise or too much thanksgivings To be given UNTO THE LORD .
There is however a deceptoin that one can praise and thank him for supporting their sin .
I see many who can also appear very thankful and full of lots of praises
only they are praising and thanking the image of what they THINK IS GOD , the god who accepted their sins .
NOW that wont bode well at all on the DAY OF THE LORD .
But as far as praising and thanking HIM , a lamb can never do it too much my friend . as i am sure you would agree .
TO HE WE OWE ALL . TO HE SHOULD BE A THANKING OFTEN AND DAILY , FOR the great mercy of HIS GRACE
that has been given us in CHRIST JESUS . it was not for what we had done
or do . WE THANK HIM FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE and do . Now raise those hands my friend . and sing to the KING .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
notice what else JESUS said , but you are not ALL clean .
He spoke of judas .
Yes, letting us know that even among those seeming to be the closest followers of Jesus, may be found some who have more than dirty feet. While we walk in the world our feet continue to get dirty, but why should the rest of our body get so dirty?
AND what did JESUS later say to them . YE ARE CLEAN through the WORD that i have spoken unto you .
WHY o why are many men omitting them words my friend and heeding men who twist and omit them words .
Perhaps they really do not know what it means to walk with Jesus or they Are making excuses so that people will not see their faults... their dirtiness.
As far as the foot washing . I seem to notice something about the preparation of the gospel when paul was writing
about the armour of GOD .
AND HAVE YOUR FEET SHOD with the preparation of the gospel . COULD THERE BE A LINK .
maybe so my friend . maybe so .
Yes... even so for the feet, but we are to put on the whole armour of God, not only our foot coverings:
Eph 6:11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, letting us know that even among those seeming to be the closest followers of Jesus, may be found some who have more than dirty feet. While we walk in the world our feet continue to get dirty, but why should the rest of our body get so dirty?

Perhaps they really do not know what it means to walk with Jesus or they Are making excuses so that people will not see their faults... their dirtiness.

Yes... even so for the feet, but we are to put on the whole armour of God, not only our foot coverings:
Eph 6:11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Yes . THE WHOLE armour of GOD .
and that armour cannot be mixed with the dirty doctrines of men either or its untempered armour .
IT must be tempered with and by THE WORD and words of the glorious LORD .
if even but one bit is mixed with that which is of the world , i tell us all that armour will FAIL the man
and he will fall prey to the liar of lies . BIBLICAL DOCTRINE IS HIGHLY IMPORTANT In this walk .
and the SPIRIT would have confirmed that as it did to the apostels who said so themselves .
The bible is being pushed more and more aside , twisted more and more in this generation .
AND Its not gonna bode well on the DAY of the LORD .
FOR WHAT GOD INSPIRED , came OF GOD and to men and through men who SPOKE and later it was written down
for , for what , was it for to be omitted
or twisted ,
OR was it for OUR OWN LEARNING and ADMOINTION , so as we would not lust after the evil they lusted after .
I TELL US ALL , that ALL scripture is inspired of GOD and it is GOOD FOR REPROOF
for CORRECTION , FOR INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS , so that the man of GOD may be throughly furnished
unto ALL good works . BUT THEN paul wrote this a long time ago . i only repeat it today .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time to arise . time to contend . the time to sit on the sidlines and enjoy the show is over .
TIME TO DEFEND and TO contend for the true faith .
WHAT all saints have done through all ages , IS NOW OUR DUTY TO DO SO .
This is no laughing matter , what i write next .
WE GOT US A HARLOT loose in the house . and that whore has opened wide her mouth
and is sucking souls right down into her chambers and the dead know not its but death and decay in her hole .
She hollers unity and love a lot too . but her unity and her love is of the world NOT GOD .
We have us a major battle in these last hours upon earth . The devil takes no time off
the harlot takes no time off and her children take no time off to decieve and to allure through the lusts of the flesh .
THUS WE TAKE NO TIME OFF to expose the HO and her doctrine and point only TO JESUS CHRIST and to remind
all lambs TO BE IN , GET IN and STAY IN THAT BIBLE .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and that armour cannot be mixed with the dirty doctrines of men either or its untempered armour .
if even but one bit is mixed with that which is of the world , i tell us all that armour will FAIL the man
and he will fall prey to the liar of lies . BIBLICAL DOCTRINE IS HIGHLY IMPORTANT In this walk .
and the SPIRIT would have confirmed that as it did to the apostels who said so themselves .
The bible is being pushed more and more aside , twisted more and more in this generation .
FOR WHAT GOD INSPIRED , came OF GOD and to men and through men who SPOKE and later it was written down
or twisted ,
OR was it for OUR OWN LEARNING and ADMOINTION , so as we would not lust after the evil they lusted after .
I TELL US ALL , that ALL scripture is inspired of GOD and it is GOOD FOR REPROOF
for CORRECTION , FOR INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS , so that the man of GOD may be throughly furnished
unto ALL good works . BUT THEN paul wrote this a long time ago . i only repeat it today .
Even so and by the Holy Ghost are we to be taught and reminded:

Joh 14:26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The well favored harlot sitteth high upon a throne and has and is influencing the nations to submit to her call .
her cup of fornication is being drank down by so many now and they all merge as one
under her love , her shade , her unity . THIS Is not gonna bode well for all who did so .
We must get the peoples back into daily reading of that bible , to be reminded , to be stirred up by those reminders
to learn and to grow .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so and by the Holy Ghost are we to be taught and reminded:

Joh 14:26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
:Bestest: :Bestest: joy:joy::Bestest::Bestest:
ITS the HOLY GHOST that put me into the bible to learn and to grow . YEP . without the SPIRIT it is all vain .
But the SPIRIT will not contradict that which is written , nor will it lead us unto men who do so .
The love that cometh of GOD puts GOD FIRST CHRIST FIRST HIS TRUTH FIRST .
i dont see this in many folks anymore . i see another love that puts HUMANITY FIRST , its sins not corrected but accepted
its paths not corrected but accepted and JESUS IS GETTING TROD under foot by this other love that cometh of the world
which they try and sell as the love of GOD . this is not looking good amadeus .
WELL , this lamb , by grace , gonna expose the entire thing for what it is and point ONLY TO JESUS CHRIST
HIS words , the WORDS inspired by the SPIRIT and remind daily and often to get in them bibles .

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus taught that we should serve others and washing feet was the job of the lowest slave. Meaning the least shall be the greatest and the greatest shall be the least. Jesus set that example. He said we should do that for others; that is, do the lowest slave job for others.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
or twisted ,
save-image.png