What about Hell ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is an interesting claim, since I have not read "pagan mythology", (which you apparently have). I read scripture.
Perhaps it is you who has confused the two.

One scripture? And you presume it APPLIES to ALL People the Same?

ALL scripture does not apply the same to ALL men.

Wait....the discussion was about a MAN...
And now you are introducing a Scripture that APPLIES to God....and somehow you have determined, what APPLIES to a MAN, is Because GOD IS LOVE?

You have made a conundrum for yourself.

Post # 333

But apparently IF YOU DISAGrEE, you have in your mind, "PROVED" the other wrong!! Pfft!

I speak what I believe and what applies to me. You are free to disagree, it affects me in no way.

But now, you are not simply disagreeing you have somehow determined, and then say, you have PROVED ME WRONG......based on God IS LOVE?

Get real. If your intent is to PROVE ME WRONG...try disproving what I SAID.

God IS LOVE, applies to God, regardless of what applies to a man.

I am really not interested in your deep Knowledge of pagan mythology.

If it is Scripture you are interested in, I would suggest you stop pouring your time and effort into pagan mythology and learn Gods truth provided in His written word.

Glory to God,
Taken

You missed the point when I quoted the scripture, "God is love". I wasn't trying to say it was going to prove anything to you. I was saying that scripture was proving to me you're wrong. In regard to you I was basically saying this scripture would be too simplistic for you to understand, but this simple scripture tells me why God began to create and helps me to understand why so many people reasonings on the scriptures are not true. Including the way people reason on how God made man.

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 2:7 doesn't say God gave man a soul.

God Blew "INTO". IS Giving, IS Imparting.

The Result is ... Man IS...

A Body.............From Dust
A Living Soul.....From Gods Breath

The Body is NOT ALIVE....UNTIL it has A LIVING SOUL "IN" the Body.

I keep telling you that but you don't listen.

Correct. I am not trusting what YOU Say.

This scripture shows that it's the combination of God forming a body and breathing the breath of life into the body is what makes man a living soul.

It shows....
THE MANS, comes "from" DUST
THE SOUL and LIFE, comes "from" GOD.

By the way you are reasoning you are excluding the body and saying the breath of life is the soul.

No. My Understanding IS increased, after Learning MORE that is Revealed IN Scripture.
Genius is BASIC Knowledge.

You are twisting that scripture by saying God gave man or imparted a soul to man.

No. THAT Scripture IS Clear...
God BLEW "INTO" the Mans Created Formed Body.

"INTO" IS Imparting, one thing "INTO" another thing.

God GIVES.
God TAKES AWAY.

Job 1:21 ... the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away;

When you twist scripture you are no longer quoting scripture or reasoning on scripture but instead reasoning on pagan mythology not scripture.

You lacking Scriptural knowledge and understanding that another has, is not relieved, by you falsely accusing the other of reasoning by way of pagan mythology.
Knock off your false accusations!

You have to remember the same breath of life that's in man is also in animals. That means animals are breathing creatures like man, specifically breathers of oxygen just like man. There is no difference to men and animals in this respect, the same breath of life that's in man is also in animals. Animals are souls just like men.

Why are you bringing animals into the mix, when speaking of MAN-KIND?

Try to stay ON TOPIC, and actually, state YOUR Understanding.

Contend with a MANS BODY, and what you think happens to "THE BODY" WHEN IT PHYSICALLY DIES.

Contend with THE LIVING SOUL, and what you think happens to "THE LIVING SOUL" WHEN THE BODY PHYSICALLY DIES.

I have already stated my VIEW.
You disagreed....made accusations...and wandered off point.

Contend with the BODY after physical death and the Living Soul after the BODY physically DIES and state your view.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You missed the point when I quoted the scripture, "God is love". I wasn't trying to say it was going to prove anything to you. I was saying that scripture was proving to me you're wrong.

Well, I disagree with you. And didn't appreciate your accusations...of your supposed PROOF, and implications I rely on Mythology to Conclude an Understanding of Spiritual things.

In regard to you I was basically saying this scripture would be too simplistic for you to understand,

Again I disagree with you.
Scripture is not about BEING SIMPLE.
Scripture IS about Scripture BEING Absolute TRUTH.

Scripture REQUIRES an INDIVIDUAL to KNOW Which Scriptural Truth APPLIES to the Individual, and Which Scriptural Truth DOES NOT APPLY to the Individual.

Scripture Requires an Individual to READ and LEARN and STUDY, beyond your IDEA, of simplicity.

2 Tim 2:
[15] Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

but this simple scripture tells me why God began to create and helps me to understand

The PURPOSE of WRITTEN Scripture IS for "KNOWLEDGE" "FROM GOD", to be made AVAILABLE to People to READ for themselves, BEYOND simply LISTENING TO ANOTHER, SPEAK what "THEY" Believe.

why so many people reasonings on the scriptures are not true. Including the way people reason on how God made man.

You have YET to "give" YOUR "reasoning" of WHAT YOU Believe. So far, you have disagreed and said Scripture is Simple and made accusations toward others.

If Scripture is SO SIMPLE, in Genesis, why did God BOTHER to REVEAL MORE about the BODY and SOUL?

Why did God say hear, and learn, and study?

Why did God direct men TO DIVIDE His Word?

Why does Scripture itself TEACH, the Scripture IS Knowledge Given to MEN (who can TAKE His Knowledge or not) and the Understanding of His Knowledge, comes FROM HIM...not the Minds of Men?

Glory to God,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To be sure there will be judgement. Wrongs will be righted. To those who have sinned much, it will mean much indignation and fury, affliction and distress, Romans 2:8-9.

Yet God corrects and disciplines only for good.
Even hardened sinners who have often cursed Him, will be thankful for the strokes that bring them back to God.
Each one gets only what is good for them in the judgement, not to damn them forever, but to prepare them for God’s salvation.
If necessary, God will use a negative manifestation of His love, but negative or positive, He will keep loving, and keep loving ....until He has elicited a loving response from everyone. For God IS love.

Reactions: Nancy

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I disagree with you. And didn't appreciate your accusations...of your supposed PROOF, and implications I rely on Mythology to Conclude an Understanding of Spiritual things.

Again I disagree with you.
Scripture is not about BEING SIMPLE.
Scripture IS about Scripture BEING Absolute TRUTH.

Scripture REQUIRES an INDIVIDUAL to KNOW Which Scriptural Truth APPLIES to the Individual, and Which Scriptural Truth DOES NOT APPLY to the Individual.

Scripture Requires an Individual to READ and LEARN and STUDY, beyond your IDEA, of simplicity.

2 Tim 2:
[15] Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

The PURPOSE of WRITTEN Scripture IS for "KNOWLEDGE" "FROM GOD", to be made AVAILABLE to People to READ for themselves, BEYOND simply LISTENING TO ANOTHER, SPEAK what "THEY" Believe.

You have YET to "give" YOUR "reasoning" of WHAT YOU Believe. So far, you have disagreed and said Scripture is Simple and made accusations toward others.

If Scripture is SO SIMPLE, in Genesis, why did God BOTHER to REVEAL MORE about the BODY and SOUL?

Why did God say hear, and learn, and study?

Why did God direct men TO DIVIDE His Word?

Why does Scripture itself TEACH, the Scripture IS Knowledge Given to MEN (who can TAKE His Knowledge or not) and the Understanding of His Knowledge, comes FROM HIM...not the Minds of Men?

Glory to God,
Taken

I didn't expect you to agree with me, not even when I say that the way you believe is borrowed from pagan mythology. I don't expect you to believe that what you believe is borrowed from pagan mythology and that the scriptures say something different. The scripture, "God is love", shows me that God never planned with death being part of his plan and neither was it Gods will for death to exist, that is something an angel(Satan) and Adam and Eve brought into the world because of their choices. Because, "God is love", he loved life so much, he being the happy God he wanted to share life with others. Thus He began creating other intelligent living beings, first the Angels then mankind. Because, "God is love", He didn't want these intelligent beings he created (Angels and Mankind) to have a temporary life then cease to exist. God loved his creation more than that. He wants his creation to exist for eternity but God has created Angels and Mankind in his image so we have free will. This means we can choose to have faith in God's love for his creation or not. If we choose like Satan and Adam and Eve did, which was the unfaithful way and God judges us unworthy of eternal life then when those men and women die that's it, they stay forever dead forever in non-existence (eternal death). God didn't create a place for mankind to go when they died, as I said death wasn't part of Gods plan or will. Therefore God didn't create mankind in such a way that some intelligent part of him separates and goes to God if righteous (faithful) or goes some other place if unrighteous (unfaithful). Because of the choices made in the Garden of Eden and death coming into existence the hope of the dead and those God has judged worthy of life is the resurrection(bringing someone back into existence). To God those who he has judged worthy of life even though they have died are living to him because he remembers them, those who he has judged unworthy of life he doesn't remember so they stay in non-existence forever (eternal death).

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't expect you to agree with me, not even when I say that the way you believe is borrowed from pagan mythology.

So now you are teaching The Scriptures are pagan mythology.

God made mankind with FREEWILL.

You are obviously hooked on excecising your FREEWILL to teach The Scriptures are writings of pagan mythology.

That you, and I disagree with your nonsense.

Glory to God,
Taken

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now you are teaching The Scriptures are pagan mythology.

God made mankind with FREEWILL.

You are obviously hooked on excecising your FREEWILL to teach The Scriptures are writings of pagan mythology.

That you, and I disagree with your nonsense.

Glory to God,
Taken

No I'm saying I believe you are interpreting scriptures by taking pagan ideas(borrowing from pagan mythology) and believing these pagan ideas are scriptural. I find it interesting you didn't say anything about what I said concerning, "God is love". Do you really believe God plan was for Adam to die. That it was God plan that there be a Angel(Satan) betraying him and his creation so that death would come into existence by that Angel. You really believe it was God plan for Adam and Eve to sin and die and that sin and death would spread to all mankind. Are you saying you honestly believe God didn't want Adam and Eve to continue living but instead wanted them to die. I know God didn't create Adam or Eve in such a way that at death something, like some intelligent being of some kind would separate from the body and go to God if faithful or go somewhere else if unfaithful. If God created mankind that way then sin and death would have been part of Gods plan. Also the existence of a traitor(Satan) would be a part of Gods plan. Some people may believe sin and death was part of Gods plan, but they won't convince me that's true. Just as they won't convince me God created mankind in such a way that he had death in mind when he was creating them meaning God didn't create Adam or Eve in such a way that at death some intelligent spiritual thing would separate from the body.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I'm saying I believe you are interpreting scriptures by taking pagan ideas(borrowing from pagan mythology) and believing these pagan ideas are scriptural.

You are the one who:
Is the False accuser.

I find it interesting you didn't say anything about what I said concerning, "God is love".

I already know God is love. The difference between you and me is I know what Love means, thus you are not equipped to debate the subject.

Do you really believe God plan was for Adam to die. That it was God plan that there be a Angel(Satan) betraying him and his creation so that death would come into existence by that Angel. You really believe it was God plan for Adam and Eve to sin and die and that sin and death would spread to all mankind. Are you saying you honestly believe God didn't want Adam and Eve to continue living but instead wanted them to die.

You certainly make a case for yourself, That your plan for mankind is not what God Planned!

I know God didn't create Adam or Eve in such a way that at death something, like some intelligent being of some kind would separate from the body and go to God if faithful or go somewhere else if unfaithful. If God created mankind that way then sin and death would have been part of Gods plan. Also the existence of a traitor(Satan) would be a part of Gods plan. Some people may believe sin and death was part of Gods plan, but they won't convince me that's true. Just as they won't convince me God created mankind in such a way that he had death in mind when he was creating them meaning God didn't create Adam or Eve in such a way that at death some intelligent spiritual thing would separate from the body.

Every one and Every thing God created Fulfills Gods PLAN according to His Will....

Even You! You, who falsely accuses others; You who thinks it an OTHERS JOB to convince you of what Gods Word Says and Means.

Dude, Learn the Basics;

God created mankind with the ability to Freely Make Choices.

God provided the means FOR mankind to be aware of his choices.

Mankinds Choice is Simple;
Stand "WITH" God, according TO HIS "WAY"
Or
Stand "WITHOUT" God according TO HIS "WAY"

Gods Plan and WILL IS;
He Shall DIVIDE those WITHOUT Him, FROM those WITH Him.

You speak with Two mouths;
One mouth appears to claim a Standing WITH God...
The other mouth preaches you challenge and Stand Againt Gods Will....and think it is mans JOB to convince you Gods Word IS True.

God has Been DIVIDING those WITHOUT Him From those WITH Him from the Beginning of Mankind and THAT Shall continue as long as mortal men exist.

You don't Like or Agree with Gods Plan...
Take up your complaint with Him!!

I have No Command from God To try and Convince You to Trust God.

And don't Forget...God IS JUST!!

What You heap upon others will be repaid to you.

Glory to God,
Taken

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one who:
Is the False accuser.

I already know God is love. The difference between you and me is I know what Love means, thus you are not equipped to debate the subject.

You certainly make a case for yourself, That your plan for mankind is not what God Planned!

Every one and Every thing God created Fulfills Gods PLAN according to His Will....

Even You! You, who falsely accuses others; You who thinks it an OTHERS JOB to convince you of what Gods Word Says and Means.

Dude, Learn the Basics;

God created mankind with the ability to Freely Make Choices.

God provided the means FOR mankind to be aware of his choices.

Mankinds Choice is Simple;
Stand "WITH" God, according TO HIS "WAY"
Or
Stand "WITHOUT" God according TO HIS "WAY"

Gods Plan and WILL IS;
He Shall DIVIDE those WITHOUT Him, FROM those WITH Him.

You speak with Two mouths;
One mouth appears to claim a Standing WITH God...
The other mouth preaches you challenge and Stand Againt Gods Will....and think it is mans JOB to convince you Gods Word IS True.

God has Been DIVIDING those WITHOUT Him From those WITH Him from the Beginning of Mankind and THAT Shall continue as long as mortal men exist.

You don't Like or Agree with Gods Plan...
Take up your complaint with Him!!

I have No Command from God To try and Convince You to Trust God.

And don't Forget...God IS JUST!!

What You heap upon others will be repaid to you.

Glory to God,
Taken

I'm simply telling you what I believe and you call me a false accuser. It seems like anyone who exercises their right to disagree with you and tell you why they get insulted by you. You think other people should treat you that way?

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm simply telling you what I believe and you call me a false accuser.

Go read and see, what I said, what YOU said.

I made a post and said what I believe.

You said post #336

What you have said here is something I've always disagreed with.

I said, That's okay.

Read! I have no problem that you disagree with me.

Post # 337 you said...

EVERYTHING you have texted comes from pagan mythology not scripture.

Follow the conversation....

I began by saying a BODY comes from DUST.......since YOU THINK EVERYTHING I SAID is from pagan mythology NOT Scripture....

I showed you the Scripture that a BODY comes from DUST.

I had no NEED to go further. You were already proven to have made a FALSE ACCUSATION!

I told you flat out....I don't read pagan mythology.....and yet for the next Several posts you CONTINUED with your accusations.

It seems like anyone who exercises their right to disagree with you and tell you why they get insulted by you. You think other people should treat you that way?

Look, you apparently are some kind of authority on "PAGAN MYTHOLOGY"....(since YOU brought that up and then continued to repeat it about a half a dozen times)

So just post that crap without addressing me,
AS IF that is my BELIEF, when that IS A LIE!

You can disagree all day long with what I say, but when you REPEATEDLY include FALSE REASONING of WHY YOU DISAGREE, BE PREPARED to be called out on your False and Unproven reasoning.

IF you DO NOT LIKE IT, then PROVE your reasoning OF WHY IS TRUE.....

YOU go Step by Step of my POST, and PROVE "EVERYTHING" I said is not Scriptural...

You can start with...
"The body does not come from dust", as I said....

Show your Scriptural evidence...the body comes from something else...

Then continue on, disproving EVERYTHING ELSE I said...

I'll WAIT...!!

Glory to God,
Taken